The online racing simulator
2008 - what did you achieve?
(124 posts, started )
Quote from mrodgers :This thread clearly demonstrates the direction the youth of today is going. A question of "what did you achieve?" is responded to by the majority with the materialistic items they have acquired.

A very very sad future our world has....

No Bitch, seeing the best and most meaningful thing I achieved was a great girlfriend and getting laid. Not everyone is going to shit, only the US and Britain and France and Africa, and Australia, and Central america, and Asia, and South America, and Europe and Antarctica.
#52 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :If someone thinks that getting their car painted is an achievement, who are you to judge that?

check "achievement" up in a dictionary......achievement is something you accomplish with exertion, something praise worthy, paying someone to get a PS3/get car painted isn't much of an achievement (i doubt they earn their own money as well.)

no person is needed to make a judgement on that because it just isn't an achievement.....
- I got an erection
- I got rid of the erection (fap fap fap)
- I bought a cute puppy jack-russel
- I bought the beginning of my JDM goodness
Hmm.... unless we live out of dictionaries now, last time I checked, when you've achieved something in life, it's when you've done something you wanted (like seeing a famous landmark) or getting something you wanted. D:

E : Scrabby, fap fap with the dog to get rid of said erection? Disgusting boy. :hide:
#56 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hmm.... unless we live out of dictionaries now, last time I checked, when you've achieved something in life, it's when you've done something you wanted (like seeing a famous landmark) or getting something you wanted. D:

and where did you check?

the word is invented with its own merit, don't think you can just put meanings into it.

I mean acheivement is at least something you have to work hard for, something that is difficult and you have to EARN it. buying stuff seriously ain't one of it unless you did something special to earn it.

if buying stuff with your parent's money is an achievement then something is seriously wrong, cos if nothing else is your life is more important then making a decision on what to buy......that's one hell of an empty life.
I hope the order wasn't like this:

Quote from Scrabby :
- I bought a cute puppy jack-russel
- I got an erection
- I got rid of the erection (fap fap fap)

So what did I do? Hmmm

- Wrecked a motorcycle that I wasn't driving
- Rejected a date offer by a German girl
- Failed at my own language
- Failed at psychology, although the test went well since I don't actually know anything about it.
- Made a teacher of mine puzzled when she had to choose between borrowing me her car, or leaving me in charge of 200 people and an old, preserved building. She chose the car.

Ain't it grand to be a student?
Maybe that's the case for these people - But they're happy and that's what matters. So stop judging them.

It's Christmas and people give and recieve gifts. If you're miserable because some kid got something then it's you who has the problem...
#59 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Maybe that's the case for these people - But they're happy and that's what matters. So stop judging them.

It's Christmas and people give and recieve gifts. If you're miserable because some kid got something then it's you who has the problem...

wow wow wow where are you getting at?

no one is annoyed because some kid got some gifts, i mean who f**king cares what you get.

it's just youngsters should have some respects for adults that actually worked hard to earn what they have, including their parents, spend their parent's fortune shouldn't be any sort of achievement.

they got nice gifts alright, no problem with that but it isn't YOUR achievement, it's because your parents are successful in what they are doing and they love you, these "miserable gits" are who supporting your life, have some respect damnit.

I am 24 and in no way old, but I am old enough to know that money just don't grow from trees. what did you do to call that an achievement? what did you give? what did you contribute? that's what achievement is about, I have problem when youngster are so self-centred and think they can redefine what achievement is when they give exactly jack shit in effort.
Well, if these people above had said "I finally earned the money to paint my car and I saved up and bought this version of the iPod" you wouldn't care. But because they're like "I got it for Christmas" it's suddently bad...

It's an achievement to them, so that's what matters. Let them be happy without people looking down on them. As you say, they're just 'kids' so what difference does it make.
If you think I am a spoiled kid, you may do so, but if I got the money to buy myself a laptop, a desktop, and a trip to Spain and Germany I may do so right?
Those were not gifts. Well apart from the trip to Spain maybe, because it was partly a schools project. So school paid a decent amount of that trip.
Furthermore I don’t spend a lot of money on drinks, girls, phone bills, cars, ect, ect, but I do happen to work a lot. I don’t work like 80 hours a week like you probably did as a child, but hey that’s today’s youth…
Anyway, I don’t think I am the only one on this forum that makes more money than her or she spends and can afford expensive items.

This may sound a bit harsh, but I truly think it’s unfair what you are saying there.
#62 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, if these people above had said "I finally earned the money to paint my car and I saved up and bought this version of the iPod" you wouldn't care. But because they're like "I got it for Christmas" it's suddently bad...

It's an achievement to them, so that's what matters. Let them be happy without people looking down on them. As you say, they're just 'kids' so what difference does it make.

of course, getting stuff of free isn't an achievement, how hard is it to grasp? maybe understanding a word by the true definition is rocket science to that teenagers nowadays?

no it doesn't matter whether it's an achievement to them, stop being so self-important, the word is defined as it is for a reason. If you insist then I would just think they are pants on head retarded and should pay more attention in class.....when you are 14 or so you are supposed to learn about responsiblity and independence....when you are young you have the liberty to mess around but there are some value in life you should understand from a very young age.

If you think "ohhh these old tarts shouldn't judge me, i do what I want" you might as well know you have to carry your own weight some day or after, the world will come to expect something from you and you have to earn what you desired, very often according to someone else's rules...

the bottom line is if you think no body should judge them kids, they have even less right to judge people who actually earned their rewards, cause all you do is exploiting an excuse that you are a kid and kids are not expected to be responsible.
#63 - JJ72
Quote from Dunmer :If you think I am a spoiled kid, you may do so, but if I got the money to buy myself a laptop, a desktop, and a trip to Spain and Germany I may do so right?
Those were not gifts. Well apart from the trip to Spain maybe, because it was partly a schools project. So school paid a decent amount of that trip.
Furthermore I don’t spend a lot of money on drinks, girls, phone bills, cars, ect, ect, but I do happen to work a lot. I don’t work like 80 hours a week like you probably did as a child, but hey that’s today’s youth…
Anyway, I don’t think I am the only one on this forum that makes more money than her or she spends and can afford expensive items.

This may sound a bit harsh, but I truly think it’s unfair what you are saying there.

I aint' targeting against you, if you earn what you have that's totally respected.
Quote from brandons48 :So true! even worse if you have long hair and listen to metal (like me )

you're my role model.
Quote from JJ72 :-snip-

Seems like you're talking to me as part of your little hate group. Shame, really.

As for the general issue, irrespective of who paid for it. It's something they've wanted so let them be happy. Definitions that are centuries old so are pretty much irrelevant in todays world...

I know about all the whole buy your own shit crap, but who's to say that at Christmas, if someone's wanted an iPod (for example), but couldn't afford one, because if they're 13, 14, 15 etc, (in the UK at least, it'd be very hard to find a decent job. 16 is normally the minimum age to work in a supermarket or something.....) so they're at school and only living on pocket money..and they get one for Christmas, that's an achievement to them.

I don't see why you're so angry at people who are like "yay i got this for xmas and i'm so happy"...

Basically, stop picking on other peoples lives unless you recieved nothing when you were younger (and that means no food unless you earnt it, you had to pay rent from the age of 10, etc etc).
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

Wait, WHAT?!

This coming from the person who moans non stop when someone gets something bought for them? Mental.

Quote from Speedy Pro :Smashing is by far my favorite design mag/website. If no secret, which of your work(s) got featured?

I built the Viewport Wordpress theme featured here
It doesn't happen often but I completely agree with S14.
Hmm...

What did I achieve last year.. uh

- Became better at karting
- Discovered that Karting in the wet makes your visor mist up more than I expected
- Discovered that applying soap to said visor from the soap dispenser in the toilets cures misting up problem
- Did well at school (as usual :razz
- Did a 1 hour stint in an LFS race without having dinner, going off, crashing, flipping or generally failing.
- Drove a car for the first time (Or at least, a car that wasn't a bashed up old astra with a pool of mud in the footwell :tilt
- Discovered after about 1 year of having my computer that photoshop had been installed on it since new :doh:
- Improved my skinning skills following said discovery
- Failed... a lot
Quote from JO53PHS :- Did a 1 hour stint in an LFS race without having dinner, going off, crashing, flipping or generally failing.

That was in 2009, wasn't it?
Quote from JO53PHS :
- Discovered that Karting in the wet makes your visor mist up more than I expected

Can I suggest an inexpensive product called "Shift It Anti-fog". I use it on my visor on my bike helmet. It's like £2.99 and I've still got about 1/3 of a bottle left after 3 months. Spray on, wipe in/off. Reapply every 3 or so days and Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Definitions that are centuries old so are pretty much irrelevant in todays world...

Can you please, then, define every word you use in an unambiguous manner then please*, because my understanding of English (and the languages it has built upon [by stealing bits from other languages]) is based on centuries old meanings and definitions. Sure, one or two get 'updated' (e.g. gay), and others fall out of fashion (e.g. thou), but the general meaning stays the same in most cases for a very, very long time.

And as far as I understand it an acheivement is not simply aquiring what you want, be it gifts or status, through the acts of others, but by attaining your goal through hard work, the use of some skills etc etc.

It is an acheivement to win a gold medal in the Olympics. It is not an acheivement to get given a PS3 no matter how much you wanted one on the 24th December.

*without using any words you do not define first

Edit: Use half a potato on your visor (wipe it on), or use washing up liquid (£2.99 worth will keep you mist free for years not months), or just spit on a hankie and rub it into the inside of your visor, for FREE! Don't waste your money on expensive solutions unless your races are more than about 30 minutes.
Yes yes Tristan I'll define every word I use.

I stand by my point about achieveing shit, and frankly I'm done with that.

Btw, the washing up thing is a myth. I tried it before I bought some proper stuff and it was useless. :sadbanana

Besides, £2.99 for several months use isn't much to ask.
Quote from zeugnimod :That was in 2009, wasn't it?

You're not supposed to say that nub

Quote from tristancliffe :
Edit: Use half a potato on your visor (wipe it on), or use washing up liquid (£2.99 worth will keep you mist free for years not months), or just spit on a hankie and rub it into the inside of your visor, for FREE! Don't waste your money on expensive solutions unless your races are more than about 30 minutes.

A potato? LOL ... If I leave some spare potato chunks on... omnomnomnom

Any idea on the effectiveness of Liquid soap vs. Washing up liquid?
LFS stole my life
Uppers:
  • I met some wonderful people, including some of you guys, and made some wonderful friends this year.
  • On Jan 11th I met a wonderful girl who I call my GF, ocassionally she even does the same.
  • Started working from home, and got a nice payrise.
  • Got rid of the car, began cycling as my main meens of transport for a healthier future.
  • Got my own palace again, I only rent it - but it's space to myself which I haven't known for a few years.
  • Did a whole year without getting arrested.
Downers:
  • Had a street fight, but only cut 1 finger a bit so not too bad I guess.
  • Had a life saving operation and nearly died from infections I got in the hospital, on the plus side I have a future now and had 3 months off work.
  • Did some drugs
  • Have had a year long legal battle with Her Majesties Government, still unresolved.
  • Spun out in the LFS Karting Meet, denying a chance to have a great battle for 1st-3rd - but did qualify in pole and had good fun recovering my position.

2008 - what did you achieve?
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG