The online racing simulator
Quote from steve30x :I updated lfs TO Z8 but I still only see rims and tyres in wheel view. Their is no spokes on the wheels nor is there any brake disk.

same here
Heres my proof. Same car , track and graphics settings

LFS S2 Z8 no spokes or disks

LFS S2 Z spokes and brakes
It's because brake discs are now drawn differently than before, hence they cannot be seen from behind.
Quote from geeman1 :It's because brake discs are now drawn differently than before, hence they cannot be seen from behind.

They may be drawn differently but it still doesnt mean that its not a bug. Only the developers can confirm what you have said.
-
(Byku) DELETED by Byku
I've always understood the wheel view to be a representative view, nothing more. It's not supposed to be realistic. Wheel-only views are NOT realistic.

What wheel view is, though, is optimal. If you're struggling for FPS, it's recommended that you use wheel view because it's optimised for a maximum FPS. Part of that optimisation is obviously reducing the amount of detail in the wheels. That would obviously include ditching full rim drawing, etc.

It doesn't look wrong at all, in fact it looks like it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing.. giving max FPS.
I got full view of the rims but the spokes are missing as well as brakes and calipers.
Quote from steve30x :I updated lfs TO Z8 but I still only see rims and tyres in wheel view. Their is no spokes on the wheels nor is there any brake disk.

same with me, i just assumed thats something to do with the new discs.
With the disk's missing it just look's wrong, but I guess its just one of the things we will have to get used to if it's staying that way.
Quote from scoobyrbac :With the disk's missing it just look's wrong, but I guess its just one of the things we will have to get used to if it's staying that way.

There aren't only brake discs missing - also car body, suspension and axle missing too... I totally agree with SamH.
Quote from Flame CZE :There aren't only brake discs missing - also car body, suspension and axle missing too... I totally agree with SamH.

Yeah I know, I have always used the wheel view. It's hard for me to get used to not seeing the brake disc there anymore. I guess taking anything away from the car to get more FPS for people is good.
I usualy use a bonnet view because I find it to be the easiest view for me to use.
shadows on roof when in pits
Will people ever stop reporting the same goddamn thing over and over?
Quote from AndroidXP :Will people ever stop reporting the same goddamn thing over and over?

No, if forum members stopped doing that and pointing out useless things that are not bugs the forums would implode. You have been around long enough to know that.
I just had two hungups on Z8 while racing on the [noobs] Destruction Derby server (32 drivers, many physic objects). Screen froze and sound looped, I had to restart via the restart button. Tried it after that with my normal Z exe and everything worked fine. Windows showed me no Error report tho
Bug Report
Hey Scawen!
I found a bug in LFS.

I was configuring this PC for a little lan party.
Since someone else is playing on this pc, I changed the name to her name.
Then I joined my Z2 dedicated server.
But she was in herself, and I could still join.
I have the same name and we can both be in the server.
That should not happen! :O

Screenshot to explain it.

P.S. sorry for the bad quality.
I don't have Photoshop at this PC!
Attached images
Double Name Bug.JPG
Z7 dedi host don't send stats to lfsworld(retrives stats like /w pb /w wr, but new pb not stored on lfsw) and sometimes peeps getting connection errors /cpw/couldn't find following position etc errors. I dunno if always in all cases but noticed that today.
Read first post then u know why
Great but they didn't have any OOS error i'm sorry and theres nothing about lfsw in 1st post. Sorry if i'm wrong.
I don't know if this was caused by LFS or not, but i thought i would mention it anyway. I was viewing a replay and paused it to go to the shop. On my return 10 minutes later my comp had restarted itself. As the replay was paused, i guess that it shouldnt be caining my GFX card to the point of it wanting to catch fire and therefore causing windoze to restart, but it may have done. I will sit in a replay with it paused and see if i get any errors if it does it again.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I don't know if this was caused by LFS or not, but i thought i would mention it anyway. I was viewing a replay and paused it to go to the shop. On my return 10 minutes later my comp had restarted itself. As the replay was paused, i guess that it shouldnt be caining my GFX card to the point of it wanting to catch fire and therefore causing windoze to restart, but it may have done. I will sit in a replay with it paused and see if i get any errors if it does it again.

You could take a look at your computer's Event Log to look for the cause of the crash. The process of finding/checking the log is different for different versions of Windows, so if you customise this search to include your version of Windows you should get a guide on how to find it and search it.
Quote from rockclan :Hey Scawen!
I found a bug in LFS.

I was configuring this PC for a little lan party.
Since someone else is playing on this pc, I changed the name to her name.
Then I joined my Z2 dedicated server.
But she was in herself, and I could still join.
I have the same name and we can both be in the server.
That should not happen! :O[snip]

With the same nicknames you can both join a dedi host. This isn't a new bug to the test patches, ie: it does this in the original Z patch. Did you both have the same S2 name, or just the nickname was the same?
Quote from amp88 :You could take a look at your computer's Event Log to look for the cause of the crash. The process of finding/checking the log is different for different versions of Windows, so if you customise this search to include your version of Windows you should get a guide on how to find it and search it.

I checked out the log for system and applications and nothing unexpected, except the usual couple of fails which are useless shite i have stopped from booting with windows such as googleupdate, bonjour (itunes) service, etc. Lots of normal entries of services running within about a minute of eachother which would have been when it re-booted itself but nothing leading upto it.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :No, try it in Z

Quote from steve30x :No it hasnt been like that forever. I had spokes and brake disks in Z but the new patches changed that. I have been playing LFS with 4 years I should know by now.

Quote from Bass-Driver :same here

Quote from steve30x :Heres my proof. Same car , track and graphics settings

LFS S2 Z8 no spokes or disks

LFS S2 Z spokes and brakes

Quote from steve30x :They may be drawn differently but it still doesnt mean that its not a bug. Only the developers can confirm what you have said.

Quote from steve30x :I got full view of the rims but the spokes are missing as well as brakes and calipers.

I think its an epedemic.. NOBODY can read.. the RIMS have NEVER been seen in wheelview.. END.

I think it´s only good that the disc is gone tho, i mean.. how often do u drive ur real car and use that view + see ur brakediscs?
Z8
Hello,

Every time I'm playing online, in my folder LFS there are two setups that are not mine, appear from nowhere, fz5_after.set and fz5_before.set, delete them but is just starting to play online that appear again, my version Z8, and eliminate it, someone will help me correct it.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW)
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG