The online racing simulator
I was driving on Blackwood Reversed with RB4 in auto gear. I was at gear 3, applied brake, and pressed shift down during midturn and somehow the car went into reverse all of a sudden, skipping 2nd, 1st, and neutral gear. I'm using a MOMO steering wheel with paddles to shift btw... not an H-Shifter.

I couldn't reproduce the bug and sadly... I don't have a replay, since LFS didn't record it.
Quote from J@tko :Yah I am. Headset was plugged in all the time

Ok, I get those errors too then. Whenever I change the configuration (either removing the speaker plug and plugging the headset in or vice versa). It's been happening for me since I got Vista, though, so it's not just specific to Z or these test patches.

Quote from Nitrous13270 :I was driving on Blackwood Reversed with RB4 in auto gear. I was at gear 3, applied brake, and pressed shift down during midturn and somehow the car went into reverse all of a sudden, skipping 2nd, 1st, and neutral gear. I'm using a MOMO steering wheel with paddles to shift btw... not an H-Shifter.

Do you have the replay of it? Can you reproduce the problem (by following the same steps)?
Quote from amp88 :Do you have the replay of it? Can you reproduce the problem (by following the same steps)?

Nope. I couldn't reproduce the problem and the game did not record at that time.

Edit: Could it be a random problem with the steering wheel's paddle though? I'm starting to suspect that its my wheel, even though its still in a very good condition.
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen, when a translator made an online update to the translation, will you be noticed about it? I'm asking because Victor and you had a different answer for it and if I have to inform you about new updates or not.

I do not get a notification. But please don't tell me if there is an update to the main LFS text or the help text. I check for any updates before a patch, though I may forget to check sometimes if I make a quick test patch.

If you update the LFS.net web page text then Victor should be notified.
Quote from Nitrous13270 :Nope. I couldn't reproduce the problem and the game did not record at that time.

Edit: Could it be a random problem with the steering wheel's paddle though? I'm starting to suspect that its my wheel, even though its still in a very good condition.

could bei a electronical problem on the wheel itself, happened to me too
Quote from Scawen :Changes in TEST PATCH Z8 :

ATTEMPTED FIX : Flickering shadow outline on some graphics drivers

I can say that the Shadow flicking problem with ATI cards when playing with crossfire enabled is fixed for me with 8.12 Driver version in Z8 .
Quote from J@tko :I get this sound error as soon as I boot Z8 up

Sound error (Play:B -2004287465),
and then this when I'm actually in a race:
No sound (Play:Z -2004287465)

Specs:
T570 Intel Dual Core
9500 GeForce
4GB Ram

BTW would it make a difference that I'm on battery power atm?

You better post name of your sound card and driver version, i don't think if processor/video/ram are needed there
Quote from Scawen :
CAN'T REPRODUCE :

Mouse steering only full lock after SHIFT+F4

That´s happened me too
Thanks Scawen!
#60 - robt
Quote from Nitrous13270 :I was driving on Blackwood Reversed with RB4 in auto gear. I was at gear 3, applied brake, and pressed shift down during midturn and somehow the car went into reverse all of a sudden, skipping 2nd, 1st, and neutral gear. I'm using a MOMO steering wheel with paddles to shift btw... not an H-Shifter.

I couldn't reproduce the bug and sadly... I don't have a replay, since LFS didn't record it.

used to get that sometimes with auto gears on keys, i think its when you pres the gear down button the split second the car has been put into neutral by the auto gears. so it goes in a natural progression from N to R for gear down.
Quote from robt :used to get that sometimes with auto gears on keys, i think its when you pres the gear down button the split second the car has been put into neutral by the auto gears. so it goes in a natural progression from N to R for gear down.

Thats the most logical explanation I've read ever.
Quote from r3dman :not A Problem But A Preference..

Can You Change It So All The Road Going Cars Have None Drilled Discs And The Race Cars Have Drilled Or Grooved..

Can I Suggest These Tho.. For The Racing Cars.

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... 777/harropbrakesve004.jpg

+1

EDIT: But I think RB4 GT and XR GT Turbo, also FZ50 and LX6 Should be leave those discs

RaceAbout: I dunno for that
A minor thng to fix.

In the main screen it still saying that it's Z7
Good Work Scawen

... Testing LFS ...

Good Patch and Repairring errors on game
what does "no VW" mean?
Quote from Flame CZE :That there is no Volkswagen Scirocco included.

And it will be only official patch.
Quote from Whiskey :A minor thng to fix.

In the main screen it still saying that it's Z7

Looks ok here - I think you must have installed it wrongly.
Quote from Scawen :Looks ok here - I think you must have installed it wrongly.

Ok, for a some weird reason windows copy all files but exe (the most probable thing is a fail from my part hehe)
No problems with version detection after installation of Z8.
Quote from Whiskey :Ok, for a some weird reason windows copy all files but exe (the most probable thing is a fail from my part hehe)

You have vista:

First Unzip in your desktop, then remove them into your LFS Folder

(Remember to keep backup 0.5Z)
just to add on my previous post..

the following should have (if real cars and imo) standard solid discs

UF1
XFG
XRG
LX4
LX6
RB4
FXO
XRT
FZ50
BF1

the rest should have the racing spec ones.

just my opinion of cause.
Hey I dunno where to post but I found little mistake on the LX4/LX6.

The front headlights are not fixed to the rest of the car :-)

Small bug but but somehow it bothers me ;-)

EDIT: And if you take a female driver in LX4/LX6 your ass gets contact do the ground, try it and look under the car ;-)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z8 - online compatible (no VW)
(172 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG