The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :Despite of looking the wrong way, i did make it

Great photo, I watched the Motors TV British Drift Championship programme recently and the entries you do are incredible lol
Man your car is fast, it can just about overtake a saxo!

Bet if you had a set of coilovers it would have cornered better.
Semi-slicks sure have awesome grip. Loved the AD07 Neovas on the GTR, totally transforms the entire car.
Good stuff man! loving it!
Scrabby, that pic owns this thread. Hats off.

RWD rules.
Awesome jibber!! IMO stuff like that owns this thread mostest, tho any real action and/or track stuff is great. (well, so long as it's not some kid showing how much of a reckless jackass they can be in public) I was hoping to make a Miata track-day @ Laguna Seca a few years back, though unfortunately wasn't able to get farther west than Phoenix @ the time. Sadly there aren't really any accessible tracks nearby, nor is there an autoX group close anymore either. (had high hopes for my old 1.6L Miata in that regard)
It sure was great fun with those tires.

Here's two more videos, in one of them you can see the silver colored miata on street tires driven by my friend... really shows the difference in tires once i pass him ... (basically the same lap all the time and not much other cars, might get boring to watch :razz

http://youtu.be/NppgsDr7hco (jump to 2:40s to get to the driving part)

http://youtu.be/JoNI53mkEeU
Seems to be a nice circuit for street cars, not too wide, good mix of slow and fast corners and straights. Your driving/line is enjoyable to watch, but I would have guessed an experienced driver with the opportunity to practise hand-foot-coordination on LFS would double clutch.^^
Why would you need to be double clutching on a modern sports car with working synchros?

BTW jibber, you're being missed at torque, if you didn't notice.
Quote from Matrixi :Why would you need to be double clutching on a modern sports car with working synchros? ...

Because "Brian O'Conner" does it? (I'm interested in the real answer too, just thought I'd play.. )
Quote from 5tag :Seems to be a nice circuit for street cars, not too wide, good mix of slow and fast corners and straights. Your driving/line is enjoyable to watch, but I would have guessed an experienced driver with the opportunity to practise hand-foot-coordination on LFS would double clutch.^^

Why wouldn't you heel toe downshift? or just rev match the downshift?
1990 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo (And I assume I can't embed images in the post? I'm new): http://bit.ly/Rqg7FC

Designed by ASC/McLaren, who made the Buick GNX, McLaren Mustangs, Dodge Viper Diamondback, and tons of other projects. 205hp/220lb/ft 3.1L V6 with a Garrett T25 turbo. FWD with 4spd 4T60 automatic. There's a long read about what it is here: http://bit.ly/P9tyoR

My first time on the half-track (nearest 1/4 mile is 2 hours away, no thanks) I ran a 9.07 @67-point-something before some vacuum lines fell off and I got scared. I'm 17 and this is my first car, rather not break it so soon. Only a few hundred left in good condition out of the original 5000-or-so.

Mods: replaced injectors (less flowrate actually), new memcal program, K&N cone (RU-1390), good set of road tires (Cooper Zeon RS3-A 245/50R16). I want to have a place repaint and fix the body before I do more performance stuff, once I'm settled in college
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Brian changes gears 1564 times in a drag race.

I guess he & The Dirtbike Kid have somthin in common then! (except The Kid mostly drove in circles )

jordyb, let's hear/see more of that sexzy van, err, I mean the car. (sorry, I don't twit)
there was an autocross event last sunday, and one of my friends arrived with something rather unusual

:hope linking from facebook works:

jep, thats an N/A Audi inline-5 driving the rear wheels

sadly I have no pics of it racing, for the first heats the race management couldn't figure out which class he should start in, and when he run later I forgot my camera.
Now that's a cool little VW! (you may get banhammered if ya forget your camera next time though )
yeah sorry, I was too busy running around talking to the dozen of people I met there, fixing this Golfaudi and the other car ('85 Polo) after races.

It wasn't that quick tho, mainly because that second race (of three) was the first time the car was ever driven in that configuration (finished the night before). In the third race my friend almost rolled it (there is a video of it, which we all try to get !!!) and when the car dropped back on its wheels the seams of the engine subframe contraption broke.

There is only this one local race a year (and some private shenigans), so a lot of time to fix it and make it quick. I'll try to build a car myself
Quote from ACCAkut :...I'll try to build a car myself

Sweet man, good luck! Considering my roots, if I had the time/resources etc, the hybrid I'd probably shoot for first would be an AWD MX-3. (MX-3 & GTX/323 are built off the BG platform) So far I know of only one that's actually come to life, (by a buddy over @ GTPlanet). But anyways, thanks again for the cool pics. Crossing fingers somebody comes up with said vid & maybe more. Those kind of events are soo cool!
your hybrid may be a little overkill, most cars for this race are build on a budget way below 1000 euro and the regs are very open. This year a rollcage was needed first time, but with no certification or anything, so people welded together whatever tubing they had lying around and were good to go.

atm I think about getting an old sturdy Suzuki Samurai, with the 1.3 and rear wheel drive, which would allow me to start in the smallest local class (2wd and < 1.4 litres = most fun) And I don't want to go VW like everyone else

yes, thats a tractor exhaust (with flap!)
Quote from ACCAkut :your hybrid may be a little overkill, most cars for this race are build on a budget way below 1000 euro..

Oh yea, I know.. it's just a hybrid I've always wanted for some reason. Pretty pointless too since it'd be hella easier to just hunt down and/or possibly even import a GTX from somewhere, but.. lol. Anyways, sweet - moar pics! Love the low budget racing stuff, should be more of it going on, everywhere.

EDIT - oh, and your Samurai idea sounds like a blast. mechanic across the street has one, with a Geo Tracker engine for a few extra mice under the hood, haha
more pics here on facebook (don't want to spam this thread with pics of cars I haven't even worked on myself)
wow thats pretty crazy. The radiator position isn't a problem though? I guess the whole damn thing is very well ventilated anyways lol.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG