The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from e2mustang :yes.but if u read back mine is a 92 325 with m3 everything
so early next year we'll have a big party

oh I see now
opinions on a 1999 bmw 528i?

power, reliability, handling, etc.

also can you turn off the tc?
Quote from logitekg25 :opinions on a 1999 bmw 528i?

power, reliability, handling, etc.

also can you turn off the tc?

Too much electronics for me imo, I'd look into an e34 if I were you. Also hit or miss when it comes to reliability. Coming from someone who works on mostly bmw.
if u want a reliable 528 than go for the '97 single vanos one.u'll have way less problems.
Power is ok,handling is good,and it has an ASC button so u can turn tc off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUzWlG2SwiE

^^^ camera in my brothers car, im in the white 180sx, no rear bar because i ripped it off on the 3rd lap of the day and bent a rear left toe arm as well:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZRClwjbONU

^140kw smoke show and just a little limiter bashing by a R32 lol

it was at a competition/Matusri a few weeks ago, don't have any footage of the competition as i left my camera in the tow car
Hey Mick, when did they open the track at tailem bend?
When I lived there a few years ago Mitsubishi were still all annal about it and wouldn't allow the public near the place.
about a year and a half ago i think they had there 1st drift practice day then they pretty much opened it up to a lot of different kinds of motorsports, they race bikes there and have 1/8 mile drag racing, Stadium Drift comps every few months, rally and 4WD stuff as well, plus you can hire the track for pretty cheap

there trying to get government money to upgrade the track as atm there is pretty much nothing there other then the track itself
My how times change eh?

That was one of the best all round tracks in SA during the 1960's then in the early 70's Mitsubishi bought it and closed it down to use as a secret test facility, built those high embankments and wouldn't let anybody near the place for decades.

Good to see it's back in use as it should be again.
Have fun there Mick.
Hey Guys ,in March I'll start making My driving license ,so I'm thinking about buying a car. After longer wondering I want to buy Audi A3 8L ,Audi A4 B5 (Sedan) ,Honda Civic V or VW Golf IV. Which of them do You recommend?

Yes its a 1L

:dogrun:<---this guy is faster. . .srs.
06 Jeep liberty CRD Limited. Thankfully has the 2.8 turbo diesel you guy's in Europe are lucky enough to get easily, as only 25k were sold in the US before emissions stopped them.

Quote from Kamikaze94PL :Hey Guys ,in March I'll start making My driving license ,so I'm thinking about buying a car. After longer wondering I want to buy Audi A3 8L ,Audi A4 B5 (Sedan) ,Honda Civic V or VW Golf IV. Which of them do You recommend?

avoid the A3 ( its a gold underneath... but heavier. ) A4 is alright, again, nothing special. civics are reliable, the older the better, Avoid golfs.

I'd of thought you would want a bravo punto or similar cheap fiat but of that bunch, go japanese.
Quote from kamilek12 :Too much electronics for me imo, I'd look into an e34 if I were you. Also hit or miss when it comes to reliability. Coming from someone who works on mostly bmw.

electronics is more opinion, and imo not a deal breaker.

also, not quite in the situation to 'look into' anything, but the dealership my dad works for got one for 3000, very minor work needed (window motor, abs sensor, tires), so its this one, or keep looking at other things.

Quote from e2mustang :if u want a reliable 528 than go for the '97 single vanos one.u'll have way less problems.
Power is ok,handling is good,and it has an ASC button so u can turn tc off

refer to above for why its this or nothing; power being ok is plenty, handling being good is good, and tc off = good.

any sort of lsd? or is it open? how could i get one cheap if the ladder?

thank you guys, i may get it
Quote from theirishnoob :avoid the A3 ( its a gold underneath... but heavier. ) A4 is alright, again, nothing special. civics are reliable, the older the better, Avoid golfs.

I'd of thought you would want a bravo punto or similar cheap fiat but of that bunch, go japanese.

Worst advice I ever saw.
Quote from logitekg25 :electronics is more opinion, and imo not a deal breaker.

also, not quite in the situation to 'look into' anything, but the dealership my dad works for got one for 3000, very minor work needed (window motor, abs sensor, tires), so its this one, or keep looking at other things.

refer to above for why its this or nothing; power being ok is plenty, handling being good is good, and tc off = good.

any sort of lsd? or is it open? how could i get one cheap if the ladder?

thank you guys, i may get it

they dont come with lsd,only the ///M. so i'm sure an M5 diff will fit in there maybe with some mod. never done any of that yet. but 3000 $ is ok depends on the what year/milage.
Quote from theirishnoob :avoid the A3 ( its a gold underneath... but heavier. ) A4 is alright, again, nothing special. civics are reliable, the older the better, Avoid golfs.

Quote from BlueFlame :Worst advice I ever saw.

elaborate. Every vw i see is broken, even for sale fro mthe dealer, every single one has a fault.

for a first car, honda's can't be broken ( hence their popularity with... " tuners " as no matter how much they ruin it, the engine stays strong )

even a gutless SOHC is more worthwhile then a likewise VAG.

though puntos and such are absolute garbage, for 50 euros a pop, strip it when it breaks then putthe parts on a new one, and repeat.
I'll second that I've never seen a used VW of any age that worked perfectly.
You can find someone who'll say that about every make and model out car.
when you buy a new car,2 weeks later its full of fault codes.especially if its a benz
Quote from e2mustang :they dont come with lsd,only the ///M. so i'm sure an M5 diff will fit in there maybe with some mod. never done any of that yet. but 3000 $ is ok depends on the what year/milage.

thanks for clarifying

and 3000 for an m5 lsd?

even at a scrap yard? used on ebay? craigslist etc.
DEFINATELY not looking to put as much into a rear end as i got the car for
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG