The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dadge :nice rover 75 bud. a quick diesel eh? shame it's not in the BTCC then is it. and the numberplate is hidious. only a fool would think otherwise.
i've been in a few 75's and i have to say that they're not as nice on the inside as you may think. 75's were designed for the mature driver who couldn't afford a BMW. the MG version is only a cheap mid life crisis too. but then to make it a diesel is just wrong.
you should of went for a fiesta or something that wouldn't look like you're wearing your dads clothes.

best of luck with it tho.

For once we agree
indeed lol.
****ING LOL!

What I find funny is that all this 'bodykit' is OEM. It's a GSI kit with just some smoothing done. It's called slightly going Euro.

The engine that will be going in there is a C20LET and suspension, anti roll bars, strut braces, polybushes etc... will get done aswell, well first 2 deffo will.

People on here make me laugh! I don't really care about what you think because all cars on here just seem to be standard which is just boring.

And the 'it's a van' comment... It's called being different you'll be suprised by how many people are putting vans into the modifying scene now.

That van could become a even quicker van after I put the C20LET in it in terms of the way it handles so can carry more speed etc... As all I have to do is weld calibra turbo floor pan in to it and the running gear fits in it for 4x4.

Thanks.

Oh and it'll never look like that? How much ya want to bet? I went to a mates work today to get it all priced up... All done properly welding plates into the lines and skimming over with filler to get rid of weld lines in all the body lines etc... is £1000 including respray, all the smoothing and having the rear arches redone.
Yawn.
What people are saying is your going to spend like £3000 on a £100 van after which it still looks like a shitty f*cking van, k?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :What people are saying is your going to spend like £3000 on a £100 van after which it still looks like a shitty f*cking van, k?

Hmm... Ok. Do you realise the prices involve in modifying? Yh it might be worth £600 at the moment but wont when it's finished. I'm not fazzed in the slightest what you lot think.

When me and my mates are out we get approached by exact same type of people who cant see the point in it and they always go away feeling like a ****.

This is just a project for only about 4 yrs until I go Uni where I'll get a new car preferbly jap and go all out on just performance and make it just look a lil different on the outside but I don't do aftermarket bodykit's. All OEM+ Yes please.
Quote from sam93 :Yh it might be worth £600 at the moment but wont when it's finished. I'm not fazzed in the slightest what you lot think.

true i guess
it will be worth nothing at all as you wont be able to find anyone stupid enough to buy a hideous little van that looks like that
You'll still loose loads of money on it, the only way to get some of your money back would be to strip the wheels of it, after you've taken the wheels off and thrashed it bad boy style it will be worth **** all. It's quite hilarious though, after all the threads on what you were going to do to your BMW/Fiesta/Whatever bullshit you came out with and we all told you to give yer head a shake, you end up with that.
Sam. You mentioned about placing a bet on the chances of your van looking like the photoshop. I will bet you £100 that your van does not look like that by January 2011 and willl not have all the things you planned done to it.

The reason I am so confident in me winning this bet, is because you think it is easy getting £1k together, and you somehow think you will get insured when you put the C20 in there? Hah!

You really need to get your head out of the clouds kid and start being realistic.

p.s I am deadly serious about this bet.
Bad boy style? It's the Astra Mk3 GSI trim kit. **Facepalm**

By January 2011 the outside will be done. I'm not saying the engine will as thats another £1.5k just for engine then have to replace fuel tank and internal fuel pump, convert the F28 gearbox to F28. You think I know I'm going to get all that done within a year!?!?! The outside will be yh and the back will just be starting to get done.

This will be sell able when it's done as a lot of people put the GSI kit on these and do their own thing to them. I know someone with a Mk3 Pick up, yeah it's different which helps it to sell, but still gone to the extremes.

Seeing as at 20 I can get insured on a S13 for £1000 a yr FC, I'll probably have one of those and van gets taken off the road and put in a garage, finished and sold.
Your doing it again... "Im going to do this" "Im going to do that" "This will be like this when im 100 years old" STFU, how about thinking about all this shit when you actually get somewhere close, your planning your car 4years ahead. Hows the software company coming along?
Quote from jibber :You made a punctuation error there lol

yeah, because that's what was important in that post. and you might want to check your post. i don't see a full stop....
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Your doing it again... "Im going to do this" "Im going to do that" "This will be like this when im 100 years old" STFU, how about thinking about all this shit when you actually get somewhere close, your planning your car 4years ahead. Hows the software company coming along?

Haha... You don't make it up as you go along, thats how you **** it all up! The outside will deffo be done, my mates priced it all up and as soon as I get a grand together which will be a few months it'll be getting done!

Software company? Thats an ambition/dream in life. It wont be happening though as I'm currently doing Engineering in college and next year doing Mechanical Engineering is college and after all that is finished going uni to do Motorsport Engineering.

Oh... And instead of telling me to STFU how about you do, as you clearly know **** ALL!
No mate, your the one that knows **** all. See your wanted to set your own software company up and now your doing an engineering course? Proves my point. I just don't waste my time planning 4 years in advance when alot of things could change by then.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No mate, your the one that knows **** all. See your wanted to set your own software company up and now your doing an engineering course? Proves my point. I just don't waste my time planning 4 years in advance when alot of things could change by then.

Yes they could. But I stay omptimistic. The reason why I didn't do software development is because I seen it as more of a hobby than a career. Where as, with cars I've been interested in them since I can remember, I would love to create and design parts for them, which is what Motorsport Engineering will entitle me to do.
Whatever
Quote from sam93 :
As all I have to do is weld calibra turbo floor pan in to it and the running gear fits in it for 4x4.

Thanks mate, that made my day, no wait, my whole year.
Quote from BlueFlame :Thanks mate, that made my day, no wait, my whole year.

It's hard as fook to do... But it's possible. I've already seen a few of them done. And one for sale not to long ago, but £4,500 up for sale :O Wish I had that sort of money to buy it.
I like this guy, he makes me laugh.
Quote from sam93 :It's hard as fook to do... But it's possible. I've already seen a few of them done. And one for sale not to long ago, but £4,500 up for sale :O Wish I had that sort of money to buy it.

I doubt he can sell it for £4,500
Quote from Klutch :I like this guy, he makes me laugh.

I guess this is one variation of the infamous british humour.
Wheres the ad then? And how much did he spend on it?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Wheres the ad then? And how much did he spend on it?

Don't know how much he spent on it, but it was on pistonheads a month ago. Can't find it now.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG