The online racing simulator
Thanks for your help, Dean!

Our servers are running as suggested. Only our webpage is down...
Quote from YamaSuba.NL :Didn't work for me. It's not all that important, so you won't have to bother looking into this. After changing the IP-adresses my servers are up and running again. Everything looking AOK!

I have a new backup of all files from 3am this morning, if that will be any good to you, just open up a support ticket and i will copy over the data.
Can you copy the backed up files for the gtseries webhosting account. We've lost all our race confirmations, signs up, points and protests.
The webhosting account should be fine. You can still login to your old webhosting account if needed at:

http://78.129.231.189:2082/ or via FTP: 78.129.231.189 port 21.
Nope. I've uploaded the files from the old ftp account it is still the same. I have uploaded the new website from my computer so that is now upto date. It's the forum that I am concerned with. The past day or two posts have all disappeared.
the webserver was transfered a couple of days ago, so depending on when you changed over the nameservers will depend on how far out things are. The forum data will be in a database. As i do not know the ins and outs of your system i cannot say exactly what files you need to transfer or what database you need to copy over.
I changed the nameservers this morning.

Quote :As i do not know the ins and outs of your system i cannot say exactly what files you need to transfer or what database you need to copy over.

My forum' system or your system? My forum is vbulletin.
Bump... I want to know what has gone on, I'm a paying customer. It seems to me that the data you backed up was old, and I'm talking a few days old as we have lost loads of new posts. This to me is a problem caused by your side and so a problem you should be doing your best to sort out. If you cannot be bothered to sort it out ill be happy to have a refund, as I can't say I've been a satisfied customer.

EDIT: Leave it, I'm on a new host now.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Bump... I want to know what has gone on, I'm a paying customer. It seems to me that the data you backed up was old, and I'm talking a few days old as we have lost loads of new posts. This to me is a problem caused by your side and so a problem you should be doing your best to sort out. If you cannot be bothered to sort it out ill be happy to have a refund, as I can't say I've been a satisfied customer.

EDIT: Leave it, I'm on a new host now.

Well from what I can see, the backup was taken from before the move commenced, which it did a few days ago. That is a perfectly logical place to take a backup from. Backup, them move, then restore. Not backup, move some, backup again, move some more, restore. You risk data loss in the middle of moves if something blows up. Backup before you do the maintenance, then restore after. Anything else, I'm sure could be easily exported from a MySQL or whatever the db system is using and then imported the others.

For what it's worth, of course.
Well if that was the case, an email advising me to backup my forum, which I can do in maintenance in vB, would have been greatly appreciated.

But hey, ill just cut my losses and leave it at that. I wont be shy to express my opinion though.
Quote from franky500 :the webserver was transfered a couple of days ago, so depending on when you changed over the nameservers will depend on how far out things are. The forum data will be in a database. As i do not know the ins and outs of your system i cannot say exactly what files you need to transfer or what database you need to copy over.

all working now thanks
strange......
before this last move I could access all files from My PDA, now I cannot make any changes other than deleting info.
if I want to change a timed message in airio for instance, all I can do is delete the existing one, and not add or modify one......
any ldeas?
I'm going to change my Webhost to 500servers.com but I'm now in doubts weither 500servers.com is going to cope ...
with your order? unless you're ordering something like a big mac then i think franky can cope.
Quote from (The Stig) :I'm going to change my Webhost to 500servers.com but I'm now in doubts weither 500servers.com is going to cope ...

have you even gotten a pimple yet?
Quote from (The Stig) :I'm going to change my Webhost to 500servers.com but I'm now in doubts weither 500servers.com is going to cope ...

Should be fine... unless as dadge says its a bigmac. then i might just have to eat it.

Quote from z-ro 8 :before this last move I could access all files from My PDA, now I cannot make any changes other than deleting info.
if I want to change a timed message in airio for instance, all I can do is delete the existing one, and not add or modify one......
any ldeas?

Ahh i know what that is. That will be sorted in the next couple of hours.

Whats happened is with the control panel move the allowed editable extensions has reset and i need to re-allow those extentions in the control panel.
but as a quickfix, could you divert power from life-support or maybe use the main deflector in some way?
Thank again Franky. You set a fine example
ok the extensions are showing as allowed, Can u try that and let me know.
Quote from franky500 :ok the extensions are showing as allowed, Can u try that and let me know.

nope, still cannot edit......
any chance you can open up a ticket so we can go through this in more detail please. Just cant quite see whats stopping you from editing things through the file manager... unles i am mistaking you.
Quote from franky500 :any chance you can open up a ticket so we can go through this in more detail please. Just cant quite see whats stopping you from editing things through the file manager... unles i am mistaking you.

sorry let me clarify, i CAN edit from my desktop, but CANNOT edit from my PDA, which i could do before. will that make a difference?
ok now i understand, I have got your support ticket and we can go from there with this one.
control panel and some servers down franky

Edit: back
#200 - CSF
Our site has been down for the last few hours.
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG