The online racing simulator

Poll : Did Lewis Hamilton deserve this title? (i do) :P

Closed since :
Yep!
No!
Dont know
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Can anyone remember which side of the grid pole is on? Lewis is 4th but i cant remember wether that puts him inside or outside for the first part of the Senna S.

Räikkönen said his side (p3) is the better side. so Massa, Räikkönen & Kovalainen start on the clean side; Trulli, Hamilton and Alonso start on the dirty side.

edit: and yes, pole is on the outside.
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Can anyone remember which side of the grid pole is on? Lewis is 4th but i cant remember wether that puts him inside or outside for the first part of the Senna S.

Pole is on outside, so that puts Hatmelon to inside.

^Beaten.

Oh, great videos by the way. Especially loved that DC autograph bit.
Right, well a little late but here goes.

I found the qual amazing :P. Sooo surprised to see Trulli up there and I'm sure that Hamilton will have trouble getting through :P. I somehow have the feeling Hamilton wont be able to handle the pressure and mess it up royally. Massa is likely to suck with the rain so unless Hamilton messes up real bad he's pretty much got it imo..
I think if Trulli gets a shit start, and Massa takes off normally with Lewis on a rocket start, then he could slip to P1 on turn one. Its possible.
That's kind a stretching it tbh
#182 - col
Hamilton gets a good start, enough to get level with Raikkonen preventing him from getting past Trulli, Massa goes too deep in T1 leaving Hamilton to disappear off into the distance courtesy of his superior wet weather skills...

After multiple spins in the wet, Ferrari pit Raikkonen to coencide with Hamiltons first pitstop, Kimi blatantly takes out Lewis on the pit exit, but the stewards decide to doc Lewis 10 points handing the WDC to Massa...

After the race, Massa refuses to accept the title because he is such a good sportsman. After this, the Brazilian crowd warm to Hamilton and start singing along to god save the queen... a huge chear goes up when Ron Denis appears on the podium to congratulate Hamilton... all the rest of the drivers gather around with Alonso leading a chorus of 'for he's a jolly good fellow'...

You know its no less likely than many of the things that have already happened this year

Go Hamilton
Hamilton has the WDC in this pocket, if he looses it will be the biggest fail.
started to rain a few minutes ago here in são paulo
Quote from Motörhead V8 :started to rain a few minutes ago here in são paulo

Cool, Massa is going to be doing donuts again lol.

Hamilton for the win.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I bet my house the FIA will penalise Hamilton for SOMETHING in the last few laps, or even after the race, That will decide the title

I'll take that bet. Where is my new house?
Quote from sam93 :How hard is it raining there?

not so much
but the sky is full of heavy clouds, and when they fall, i'ts going to be nasty
Looking good for Hamilton if it rains, although I'd probably punt Alonso for the win if it's wet.
Quote from DarkTimes :Looking good for Hamilton if it rains, although I'd probably punt Alonso for the win if it's wet.

Looking good for Hamilton if the rain start during race, but Looking good for Massa is the rain stop during race
Quote from scania :Looking good for Hamilton if the rain start during race, but Looking good for Massa is the rain stop during race

If it rains Massa will start doing donuts again like he did at Silverstone, Hamilton will win if it is still raining when the race starts and during the race.
This is from the autosport commentary, Looks like it should be showers throughout the race not constant rain. Think the end of Spa!

"15:07 Weather Update: The weather situation continues to develop to the west of Sao Paulo, while at the circuit the overcast skies remain, with no rain falling currently.

Looking ahead to the next few hours, the satellite image from Brazil's ... Institute of Meteorology (INMET) shows the problem that the teams are facing as we look towards the race (click Animacao to animate).

To the west of Sao Paulo, a stream of cloud and rain is on the move. The line of cloud is very slowly sliding in a north west direction, towards the state of Sao Paulo.

One of the outlying showers from this band of rain has already crossed the circuit, and as the band inches its way towards Sao Paulo, more of these showers are likely between now and the end of the race."
Quote from sam93 :If it rains Massa will start doing donuts again like he did at Silverstone, Hamilton will win if it is still raining when the race starts and during the race.

If the rain stop during race, he will changh tires very early because his driving style is too hurt the tires.
It depends how long it stops for.

Think of the 1993 European Grand Prix (the one where Senna lapped everyone apart from Damon Hill, and Damon was over 80 seconds adrift). The weather was highly changable : one of the reasons that he won was being able to drive wet tyres in the dry if needed or dry tyres in moist conditions.

Felipe Massa is not good in the wet.

Interestingly, according to one poster on Ten Tenths.

Quote :Turun Sanomat reports that Massa's first stop is between laps 15-16, Kimi and Fernando are going to go for 1-2 laps longer. Hamilton's stop is expected to be 18-19 laps and Kovalainen's 21-22. Vettel is going to go for 24 laps.

Biggest surprise is Trulli, he is doing 20 laps on his first stint. :O

Massa been given a "light fuel and nail it?".
Interesting to see how it will unfold with the weather today. Massa is average in the wet, be it full wet or a partly drying track. Hamilton on the other hand is generally mega if the conditions are very wet (Fuji 07/Silverstone 08 for example) but seems to burn out his tyres too easily in wet/dry conditions (Shanghai 07/Monza 08). I think this will be one of those races where an accurate prediction might be a bit difficult. Championship battle aside it should be an awesome race anyway.
I won't be here with you guys, I'll be sitting on the train, going back to university. So, as I arrive, I get to know the results and come here to ask what the hell happened during the race. In case Massa wins, and becomes WC, I won't ask a lot
I wouldn't describe it as Massa "average" and Hamilton "mega" in the wet, more Massa "poor" and Hamilton "very good".
Quote from count.bazley :Championship battle aside it should be an awesome race anyway.

I agree. It would be quite a surprise if Trulli really is going to be pitting as one of the last in the top 6, interesting to see how close that approximation is.
I've found the best thing.

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx

All I can hear are wolf whistles from the crowd and the safety car seems to be driving around the track.

Brilliant!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG