The online racing simulator
LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
Quote from JasonJ :I am with FLAME CZE on that one. I've tried for several hours and I was only able to do either completely clear or not clear. No shading/tinting was possible.

I suggest use clear windows on the rest of the car instead of trying to make the roof the impossible tint. There's a nice clear windows mod these days. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=49661

it's because of how the LFS engine is written.

actually you can achieve tint effect by using a dot matrix alpha map.
already done..
Quote from Racer556 :as I understood why we couldn't make semitransparent sunroofs, I went on with something more oldschoold and tried some halftone transparency, and looks quite decent. Let me perfect it a bit and it'll be yours.

edit: uploaded a pic of the halftone! let me know if you want it

Can this be done with the file ending 'ALP24'?
lol
Superstarguy, your posts are almost as pointless and ridiculous as my first 100 posts .
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :[hehe]

@ Jason, the VWS has a DDS for its wheel. Could this be done to that? Sorry for the odd question. Would like to see just for shit's an giggles.

You could try it. Just use the dustalpha.dds file and copy/rename it to the stearingwheel texture name. I don't think it will work because to file must end in "alpha.dds" for the DX8 engine to treat it as a transparent texture. But that's a guess on my part, I've never coded for that library.

edit: But it was the only way I could get the skins to work. Took a few hours to figure this out.
I will repeat my question () - does it work with the file ending "ALP24"?
Those files utilise transparency features to work, so wild guess is, yes. Why don't you try it?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
@ Jason, the VWS has a DDS for its wheel. Could this be done to that? Sorry for the odd question. Would like to see just for shit's an giggles.

If you mean the steering wheel, you can turn it off in options.

If you mean the rims, you can turn them off in options.
Or you can just make them transparent, and you don't have to put the alpha thingy behind it because its not a skin.

Also you can just make all dds files transparent AFAIK, so you are driving in a transparent world.
Quote from G!NhO :...
Also you can just make all dds files transparent AFAIK, so you are driving in a transparent world.

no you can't

They just come out black.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :no you can't

Ok didn't know that.

Well everything black would be a very interesting drive.
Quote from JasonJ :no you can't

wow, that looks strange
Quote from G!NhO :Ok didn't know that.

Well everything black would be a very interesting drive.

just delete your dds folder and you have your nice gray world
Quote from G!NhO :If you mean the steering wheel, you can turn it off in options.

If you mean the rims, you can turn them off in options.
Or you can just make them transparent, and you don't have to put the alpha thingy behind it because its not a skin.

Thanks for your help, but i've been known this for a long long time. Im talking about the DDS file for the VWS wheel, as in its ALLOY wheel. You can change the DDS and put any design on it. I just wanted to see what it looked like, as it would'nt be totatlly transparent. Would look like glass.
True, the ALPHA trick doesnt work on DDS files, as i tried it in order to get rid of the rub strips on the doors of the XFG. I think that the DDS files already need to have the ALPHA extension, or LFS doesnt read them.

You can do this though...........
Attached images
xfg made of glass LOL.JPG
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Thanks for your help, but i've been known this for a long long time. Im talking about the DDS file for the VWS wheel, as in its ALLOY wheel. You can change the DDS and put any design on it. I just wanted to see what it looked like, as it would'nt be totatlly transparent. Would look like glass.

oh ok

So you can make transparant parts so it looks different.
i LOVE THIS! and i LOVE my vents
Attached images
vents.PNG
LOVELY!
Please tell me how to merge two alpha channels in PhotoShop, is that even possible?
Quote from luathas :How about a T-roof a la Smokey and the Bandit...

my brother has that car, and guess what! i want that skin!
uhm can i have it in jpg?? i want to edit in adobe photoshop cs6
Quote from chilliewillie :uhm can i have it in jpg?? i want to edit in adobe photoshop cs6

JPG doesn't have a transparent alpha channel...

LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG