The online racing simulator
LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
Rims do not have an associated DDS file, so no, I don't think so.
HEY can u use them online?

ceya on clc
Quote from zonda722 :HEY can u use them online?

ceya on clc

Read the posts... It has been asked many times. And the answer is No. You can not upload dds files to LFSWorld.
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Just to reiterate, because they can be used when 'on-line' just not shared between users on-line, which can be confused as the same thing...

If someone has the exact same skin downloaded to the correct skins_dds folder, they will see it the same as you do when you're online. They will however have to download it themsleves from this thread or from another source to get it. They cannot be shared these dds skins automatically through the skins sharing utility in LFSworld.

Yes this is explained a few times in this thread.
as I understood why we couldn't make semitransparent sunroofs, I went on with something more oldschoold and tried some halftone transparency, and looks quite decent. Let me perfect it a bit and it'll be yours.

edit: uploaded a pic of the halftone! let me know if you want it
Attached images
huh.jpg
thats cool racer can u post it on here
Looks brilliant
That's simply beautiful, please post it Racer.
I just found an easy way to make any car totally transparent, just use one of the window or glass files from the dds folder that already has the alpha channel stuff done to it.

I have got the window tint dds pack that was uploaded a while ago somewhere on here, and it has a plain see through dds with very little reflection and total tranparancy.

All i did was copy paste that file into the skins dds folder, and renamed it to XFG_blankALPHA.dds. Easy as that!

Im thinking of using this method to get rid of the black rub strips on the doors of the XFG, i just don't know which DDS it is i need to change.

Heh, if i did every single file relating to the xfg this way then i could get it totally invisible!
Attached images
clear XFG.jpg
Quote from danthebangerboy :Heh, if i did every single file relating to the xfg this way then i could get it totally invisible!

I've already got pictures of thrilling races with invisible cars in my head ... well, I'm not seeing anything actually.
Quote from smove :I've already got pictures of thrilling races with invisible cars in my head ... well, I'm not seeing anything actually.

I spoke to soon.

Just tried, doesnt work on anything other than skin files.

If you don't type in the ALPHA on the end of the name then it just comes out black, and if you leave it in, LFS doesnt load that dds.
You must have missed my avatar, also.....

Quote from JasonJ :You need to end the file name with ___ALPHA.dds so I doubt now that interiors are possible.

Quote from JasonJ :You must have missed my avatar, also.....

Thats what i meant, that it only works with files in the skins_dds folder. I used an alpha channel file that was originally for the windows, copied it into the skins_dds folder and named it XFG_blankALPHA.dds. That worked fine, as you can see in the picture.

When i tried the same trick in the DDS folder with the XR_interior it does not work. If i rename the file as XR_interior1.dds then it just loads black textures, and if i name it XR_interior1ALPHA.dds, LFS will not read it.
yarp, I already said that interiors won't work in the first post.....
Erm... Found some problems with alpha layers...

In the first screenshot, I was using the FZ5_targaALPHA.dds skin: as you can see, when you look through the fences, the skin just becomes transparent all of a sudden, and the part that you look normally is fine.
In the second one, the car was the UF1, the skin was the UF1_experimentAlpha.dds: this shadow bug can be seen with ALL the skins that use Alpha Layers.
The third one: as in the first one, the skin is transparent when the car is seen through fences.
The fourth one: the bug doesn't come up with the experimental skin only, it appears also with the Sunroof one.

Of course, the problem isn't with the skins, but with the alpha layers and how LFS uses them: the same problem that can be found when you see the tiresmoke through the windscreen...
So, I think I'm not using these skins until LFS isn't grown up enough to handle them well. Good try though

P.S. don't mind my use of LFSTweak, I was in SP mode and alone on the track
Attached images
LFS1.jpg
LFS2.jpg
LFS3.jpg
LFS4.jpg
Quote from freddyalek90 :Erm... Found some problems with alpha layers...

In the first screenshot, I was using the FZ5_targaALPHA.dds skin: as you can see, when you look through the fences, the skin just becomes transparent all of a sudden, and the part that you look normally is fine.
In the second one, the car was the UF1, the skin was the UF1_experimentAlpha.dds: this shadow bug can be seen with ALL the skins that use Alpha Layers.
The third one: as in the first one, the skin is transparent when the car is seen through fences.
The fourth one: the bug doesn't come up with the experimental skin only, it appears also with the Sunroof one.

Of course, the problem isn't with the skins, but with the alpha layers and how LFS uses them: the same problem that can be found when you see the tiresmoke through the windscreen...
So, I think I'm not using these skins until LFS isn't grown up enough to handle them well. Good try though

P.S. don't mind my use of LFSTweak, I was in SP mode and alone on the track

:shhh: for what i know, ur allowed to use it online, as everyone must have the same settings :shhh:

OT: Pretty nice work guys, i hope they change so not only skins can be made see-through :P
Absolute amazing.

Amazing, brother.

I was unaware of this addon, JasoJ.

My most sincere congratulations.
Hey thanks.... but seriously your stuff adds more to LFS than I could ever hope for.
hey, how do we save a dds in paint.net to use in lfs? mine always end up white...
pls help me. I make my skin with sunroof, but i converted to jpg, sunrof is missing. How can i upload my dds skin to lfs world? Or how can i converted this skin to jpg?

(my english is bad sorry)
Quote from sHiFt3R :pls help me. I make my skin with sunroof, but i converted to jpg, sunrof is missing. How can i upload my dds skin to lfs world? Or how can i converted this skin to jpg?

(my english is bad sorry)

Jpg's dont have alpha (transparency). And you cant upload DDS files at lfsw.
when i use sunroof skin the other player don't see?
Quote from sHiFt3R :when i use sunroof skin the other player don't see?

True. They don't.
ok thx

LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG