The online racing simulator
LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
Woah, nice find Jason. I tried a sunroof months ago but had no success, ended out using an image of reflection on glass to make my skin. You have given me a fresh insight into how I can achieve this. Nice work!
ok it works now
Thanks for kind words. Credits are in the info readme.

I redone them at 512x512 (Still 1.3mb though)

Added them to the first post.
They look alot better. Still waiting @ bmwe30m3 to send me the photoshop dds settings to make them 1024 @ only 1.3mb
Attached images
preview01 v2.jpg
very cool

can you make the spoiler of the FXR transparent?
Yes, but because the spoiler is partly generated with solid wireframe, it literally looks like a$$.
Attached images
lfs_00000989.jpg
Attached files
FXR_5L33PR_ALPHA.zip - 233.4 KB - 267 views
Great stuff.

Looks like we have new trend here
Glass spoiler, wicked and strange!
lol the spoiler looks starnge
wow, this really has givin LFS a new look. thank you to JasonJ for your extremely talented work, i think the "eye candy" lovers of the lfs community are pleased!
woop woop
i really need to get photoshop again....
i have a plan :P
Quote from asbjoern :is it just me that dont see whats different??

in the middle of the bumperz, he made a a gap in he bumperZ. HOLE
Quote from asbjoern :is it just me that dont see whats different??

The middle of the bumper is "empty" at the bottom of it.
wow.. could this trick work in earlier patches to edit the cromo racing wheel :P.. the shapes of it
From my experiments, the file must end in ____ALPHA.dds to utilise the alpha transparency layer in LFS, so theoretically the Cromomwheel.dds Cromomwheel_grip.dds files will not work using this technique.
I've been experimenting as well. Seems to only work in the skins_dds subfolder....In versions 0.5X onwards. I was hoping to implement the technique on the *_interior1.dds file so you could see the sunroof from the inside as well, but because you MUST add the _____ALPHA.dds to the name in order for the effect to show, it is not possible

i.e. cannot change the names in the DDS subfolder, where as in the skins_dds folder, you can name your skin whatever you want.
Yeh exactly, I retracted my initial statement in my first post.

I was EXTREMELY lucky to have left the ALHPHA on the end of the skinname the first time I tried this. I used the smoke dds file the first time I tried it to see if it would work. DUSTALPHA.dds.
neat mod, my friend (red_racer) was amazed when I got it for him today on his comp. I liked it as well,
can soneone post a xrg without the doors? and send it to my e-mail?
Quote from luathas :How about a T-roof a la Smokey and the Bandit...

could u release that it looks awesome... XD
Very nice, to bad we can't upload dds to LFSworld. Can someone make a transparent LX6?
Quote from chavm481 :can soneone post a xrg without the doors? and send it to my e-mail?

Cool idea, but I guess looking in from outside you would still see the interior of the other door on the opposite side?
true... then the hood (look! i has no engine!)

LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG