The online racing simulator
Meh, I mean I'd definitely have done thigns a lot better because I have learnt. That's the point really.
i generally love the person i am..i try to be a person for the better..

even if i dont have all the smarts (especially on teh int3rnetz), im always nice
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I look back a year and wish I could redo it.

Same here. Aw well, I guess I've learnt a lot.
I've definitely grown as a person. Physical shape, size and overall personality.
i agree..i have matured more the past year in more ways, and in more quantity, then any other year.

stronger, as a person, grew like 4 inches the past year...height wise

i matured, occasional joke aside, and even socially.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Meh, I mean I'd definitely have done thigns a lot better because I have learnt. That's the point really.

Good point.

I have a close friend who maintains that he has never had any regrets, but I think it's his single biggest flaw. Anybody who says they don't regret anything either hasn't lived much of a life or isn't being honest with themselves.
Too many regrets cant be good for you as a person.
but none is just trying to pretend everything is perfect, and having no realization for what you should have done. and if it happens again, you will likely do the same thing.

and i love how you took EXACTLY the part of my post that i knew people would take the wrong way, and leave out the part that clarified :doh:
-
(Jeffrey Dahmer) DELETED by franky500 : bad
Not cool bro.

There I was thinking that this thread could only get better.
Quote from logitekg25 :but none is just trying to pretend everything is perfect, and having no realization for what you should have done. and if it happens again, you will likely do the same thing.

and i love how you took EXACTLY the part of my post that i knew people would take the wrong way, and leave out the part that clarified :doh:

I'm sorry, Do you want a cookie? You should know after this stunt everyone would do that.

Quote from Gills4life :
There I was thinking that this thread could only get better.

Imminent Facepalm!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Good point.

I have a close friend who maintains that he has never had any regrets, but I think it's his single biggest flaw. Anybody who says they don't regret anything either hasn't lived much of a life or isn't being honest with themselves.

well you gotta learn from your mistakes. I've learnt that I haffto be a lot more respectful in life if I want anything to work. I also learnt I can't be complacent and expect people to be there, as they won't. Sure I regret the things I did now, but it's because I wish I could have done it differently, for my own good, and the other persons own feelings. However.. gotta play the hand you're dealt, and make the best of it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Anybody who says they don't regret anything either hasn't lived much of a life or isn't being honest with themselves.

I think it's more a matter of outlook. I certainly live much more in the moment than most people I know. I take my lessons with me but I leave the past behind.

I think if you love the person you are there's no need to regret anything, and if you don't love the person you are then you really ought to find a way to do so - because if you can't love yourself then how can you expect anyone else too?
Quote from Becky Rose :I think if you love the person you are there's no need to regret anything, and if you don't love the person you are then you really ought to find a way to do so - because if you can't love yourself then how can you expect anyone else too?

I disagree. I think if you don't regret anything then you are not admitting that you have made mistakes, and I don't know anyone who hasn't made numerous serious ****-ups.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I disagree. I think if you don't regret anything then you are not admitting that you have made mistakes, and I don't know anyone who hasn't made numerous serious ****-ups.

I agree. The problem isn't having regrets, the problem is if those regrets stop you from progressing with your life.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think if you don't regret anything then you are not admitting that you have made mistakes.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I've heard numerous people say they have no regrets, and the only words that come out of my mouth in reply are "Stop lying to yourself then".
Having no regrets is not saying you've never made mistakes.

I like to believe i have no regrets, but with that being said i know i've made plenty of stupid decisions an bad mistakes. At the time of the stupid decision ive gone "shit...i wish i could re-do that"

but over time i've adapted the whole "Eh, life lesson. Live and learn"
I like to think everything happens for a reason
Quote from thisnameistaken :I disagree. I think if you don't regret anything then you are not admitting that you have made mistakes, and I don't know anyone who hasn't made numerous serious ****-ups.

I dont disagree with your statement, I just have a different outlook. I know i've made mistakes, plenty of them. Some of them even in and around this community, I just dont consider them regrets.

For me a regret is something you wish you could change, and I think it's far more important to have learned whatever lesson and to have become a better person than to mull over events that have already happened.

There are things I would do differently, but I dont wish I could change them because out of those mistakes I became me.

It's not that me and your non-regretful friend havnt made mistakes. It's simple a case that we have a different, for less emo, more forward thinking personal philosophy and maybe regard ourselves with a little more self worth.

Don't get me wrong I wasnt always this way. I used to think like you did, I used to regret some of the worst mistakes of my life and some things I couldn't change or had no control over even at the time but that happened and I didnt like them and I wanted to somehow magically fix them. I couldn't, and I couldn't get past those things until emotionally until I accepted they had happened, and once I did I realised that the experiences had taught me lessons and grown me as a person and gradually, over time, I found myself quite liking the person I became.
Quote from Klutch :Nah, its true.

Women have no idea what they want until they're 25+

They still don't know at that age.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :They still don't know at that age.

Sure they do.

A rich guy with a well paying job thats willing to settle down, have kids, and doesnt mind doing housework.

.....hahahahaha
You women suck.

Just getting it out there.
Quote from Klutch :You women suck.

That's what I said, but alas, I'm still waiting.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I've definitely grown as a person. Physical shape, size and overall personality.

Sorry just reading back and saw this. Made me LOL.
I have gotten fat. in 2 years I've went from like 170 to 200. None of it is muscle either.

Post Your Girlfriend / Love Life Advice 101
(5206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG