The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :(Most) People do this for fun, not for the 'glory' of an easy win.

indeed... but then these 2 had the results in their signatures for quite a while
We might be running the LFS UK Karting Meet 2009. We will post when we can get more details but it is looking good so far. Just to tempt you all, this is a very early draft of our ideas. Please be aware this is not confirmed or anything yet, just our ideas floating around

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009

South Wales Karting Centre

1. Endurance Karting

All day karting

Max Karts on track = 12
Assume 36 (3x12) people with 40 minute sessions = 6 hour race (may change i.e. more people = longer race)
So race is 3 drivers per team with 2 hours each plus practice & qualy in the morning.

2. Accommodation & Travel

Travel

Llandow is a 5 minute drive from Cardiff International airport and within an easy drive from the M4 in Cardiff. Minibuses or pickups could be arranged for international guests.

Camping

Guests arrive Friday night. Either set-up tents or stay in local b&b's/hotels. Looking at the google earth image they have lots of caravans on the track Llandow Karting
Jason, I do hope the track is better than the website

And what is the bigger track near the kart track? I know someone already told me that once but I forgot...
Quote from jasonmatthews :LFS UK Karting Meet 2009

I did a quick check to see just how tricky/expensive it'd be for me to make that trip. Turns out it all seems rather feasible. I know we're months and months away from actually deciding anything, but the sooner the major details are decided the better.

Looking forward to it!
Hmm, how many of those twin seater karts are there? Sounds like a good challenge and a real team building event. "Be nice or I'll stuff you sideways into the chicane" sorta feelings.
LLandow is one of those tracks that looks really bad on video and pictures. Even when you there you think 'what the hell?' In fact its a VERY good track to drive. For whatever reason it's just a real good circuit. The surface is great abrasive as well so will suit the grip freaks. it has a great atmosphere and the long circuit next door occasionally has various race cars going round so car junkies might get a nice surprise.

Well worth a visit

here's a vid from the Motors TV series class TKM - http://www.revver.com/video/21 ... lenge-2007-tkm-class-rd1/
heh owkay, 2009 ... well i'm just here to write about 2008 still and that it was fun being there. I was afraid i was going to be knackered after 30 minutes, but fortunately enough that wasn't the case. These outdoors tracks have less tight corners I guess than indoors.

Replying a bit late though, because i just had to change the race results on lfsworld after i saw our results sheet at the karting place
I liked that graph very much. You can tell a lot from it; pitstops, takeovers, when you had accidents, which laps were above or below average, best laptime, worst laptime, etc. Much better than just a load of laptimes displayed as big slabs of text.
Attached images
newracedetails.gif
Vic - Why when I try to get more info, it's asking me to log in? When I log in with the driver that did the race (Dustin Dawes), it still won't let me see anything.
my bad - link pointed to test site. Fixed now if you refresh lfsworld (ctrl-f5)
Excellent

Looks good, I'm gonna haffto go look at some of my past, longer races but... is very good to have more stats
Nice to see your take on it Vic, good going! I wonder if anyone else has any other ideas you'd be able to realize? (Come on lads, if you can think of anything - let him have it!).
Sorry for the late post, but wanted to get 2 things in one post and the 2nd has taken a while longer to sort out

1. 2008 UK meet was fantastic, Big thanks to Ben for organising a great event. Big sorry for my poor performance in Newcastle Town Saturday evening, I was actually hungover from the night before (had a few too many at the hotel after we checked in ) and I don't handle hangovers very well , so felt rough pretty much all day and night (and that was race day )
Still, met some great people and had some great races and chats. If you'd have said to me 6 years ago when I discovered this little gem called Live For Speed that I have adored ever since that I would be racing (in front of.......for a while.....then along side him........then a little behind him....then getting further bloody behind him.......) one of the developers of this amazing game I would have said ...No way..but I have and that is remarkable and true testament to the support they give to the LFS community. Thank you Victor for some great racing, I held you off for as long as I could....3 turns I think and to all the others who turned up (of whom there are too many to mention), had some great battles, but rarely knew who it was as all I could see was the occasional eyes).

2. 2009 UK Karting Meet - ALL DAY EVENT - 6 Hour Race

Basically as Jason (SR turkey) has already posted, I went down to Llandow Karting circuit today to see whether we could hire the circuit for the entire day with the option of staying for 2 nights at the circuit. So far the response has been very positive, they have agreed in principle that they would hire out the circuit for the day (cost permitting) which would include staying at the circuit for 2 nights. Assuming race day is saturday, that would be Friday and Saturday night at the circuit.
They have also agreed to the 6 hour team endurance race I suggested, again as jason said, there are 12 Karts, 3 in each team (1 of them SCAVIER maybe :shrug each driver does 3 x 40 minute stints (2 hours total race drive time each :nod. IF we get more interest than the approximated 36, then we simply add more drivers per team, but 36 is a good starting point for an all day event.

BTW -I had a little 'arrive & drive' while I was there, and I can confirm, it's a great track, nice, grippy surface, great for endurance

I have written a massively long e-mail to the Karting centre describing all our requirements should we wish to hold the event at Llandow to see what they can offer and at what cost. Hopefully this shouldn't be too much per head, especially when you consider that accomodation and food & drink will be taken care of. All you have to do is get there .

Will post more details as soon as.....
How can you get to one of these meets anything needed to come to these meets? Such as experience, age etc...?

Would love to make it down to one of these meets. Look really good
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :How can you get to one of these meets anything needed to come to these meets? Such as experience, age etc...?

Would love to make it down to one of these meets. Look really good

As long as you are old enough, and can make it down then you have qualified......as my performance has showed, pace is not an issue.

RE:2009 6 hour race.......might need to boost my stamina a bit, but looking forward to visiting my Celtic brothers in Wales.
And a wild guess saying the age is 18?

Apart from that nothing else is a problem. Suppose there will be some drinking after thats why im guessing 18...not that it stops me lol
As long as your over 14 they'll let you drive any kart just about anywhere.

Of course the Alcohol might not be easy for under 18's, but if accomodation is an issue you could always bring some beer down and camp at the circuit.

Who knows, I may even be able to drive down there next year...

Would rather an event nearer home, thought, not that theres much of a chance of me going!
Orite all good then, by the time of the next meet i will be 16 so i might get together with some of my LFS mates and come down . We would be more than happy to camp and take our own stuff. Something i willl think about. If i get on all your good sides i will definatley be there
Llandow is MINT!!

good choice fellas
Quote from Victor :
Replying a bit late though, because i just had to change the race results on lfsworld after i saw our results sheet at the karting place
I liked that graph very much. You can tell a lot from it; pitstops, takeovers, when you had accidents, which laps were above or below average, best laptime, worst laptime, etc. Much better than just a load of laptimes displayed as big slabs of text.

Aaaaawwww, and here I was hoping, on first seeing the small pic in your post, that you'd added the Karting results onto LFSWorld for all of us

Nice update though
Can't we do PFI Next year? It had been choosen for a european racing event... Im sure you karters will know! It's a shame really I would of come and raced, you know got my dad to get his spanners out to get the kart setup lol I had my own kart race the day after and I would of been tired so I wouldnt be able to make it this year, hopefully next year should be better unless its on GCSE Results day! (I will talk round) Anyway my day was a waste, I lost fluid out of my brake it compressed air and bang into the wall I went ouch it hurt! Second time its happened this year lol. How were the karts at Warden Law? I haven't been there but Im sure I will sometime, seems a good track but not as posh as PF Im sure Interpid will be down with his Wankel kart or maybe his biland - am I correct to remember you hate rotax, or have I drempt that up?

Matty
I would love to fly out there from the states and have a go at karting but i'd definately need to get a job first :P
Quote :Can't we do PFI Next year?

If someone in our neck of the woods organises it... Don't look at me though - my front door is open for partying. However PF is a really dull track to race, lots of corners with the same radius and no imagination in the layout, it's like a Tilke track but even more mundane.

Though the facilities at PFI are absolutely superb, yes "posh" sums it up hehe. If we're doing this region i'd rather go somewhere like Milton Keynes (also good facilities), Red Lodge or Rye House, or there's one just round the corner from Red Lodge (Wild Tracks) where the track is pretty good though i've not raced it on the single engine rentals I think that might suck a bit as a single engine outdoors is a bit too mundane.
oooo Red Lodge / Wild Tracks please
Bungay or Ipswich Indoor?

(Yeah keep it local )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG