The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :Did I hear correctly, that a bunch of largely non-karting sim racers turned up at some NE karting track and collectively got within spitting distance of the circuit regulars' best laptimes within something like their first ever 50 laps? Surely that's not right, is it?

No, track surface temperature was way off there's noway we where near the record - but we where all consistently faster than the best lap from the group before.
#52 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :No, track surface temperature was way off there's noway we where near the record - but we where all consistently faster than the best lap from the group before.

Gah! Shame! Would have been nice, though
ack I hate that pic, show the qualifying one !
looked like fun. . a shame i could not make this one.

Man victor has changed alot since the first karting meet!... bobs still ugly as hell though. so all balances out
Do I need to RTM that image or are there enough mods active in this thread ?
Quote from Bean0 :Do I need to RTM that image or are there enough mods active in this thread ?

My bad!!

Someone beat you to it anyway
Quote from Becky Rose :For me it was [...]

Exactly the same as me except T6 where I very seldom dared to go flat out because that'd push me too far to the left. I mostly lifted off a bit.

On the other hand I went flat out through the T9 sequence, not lifting off nor braking until the T10 braking point.
Quote from felplacerad :Heidfeld, eh? Why thank you, I suppose we both fancy our beards.

Regarding the difference in karts: Something obviously must've been going on. I've heard reports on drivers going flat out through corners where it would've been impossible for me to do the same. It really is a shame, it would've been so much more fun winning if I knew we were all in equal karts.

Other than that I had a splendid time. Thanks to Ben and everyone else for taking such good care of me. 'Twas very nice meeting all of you!

Excellent use of the word splendid!
I used a lot of track on entry to go flat in T6, it seems unnatural but - although without the assistance of an onboard computer - I figured that would give a higher exit speed. Where I was losing most time seemed to be T4 where I was too cautious (I reckon I was loosing about a second there and on the straight following).

I spent the whole race battling other karts so I dont think there's a lap with everything all hooked up on the aces in my final best lap time, but tbh i'm still unsure where you have the last few tenths on me. Hopefully i'll find out next time!
Glad to see you had fun !

An 2009 event in Belgium / Netherlands would be nice to get some Dutch, French, German, Austrian, Spanish and such like people gathered.
this is the lines and braking points i use ( abit rough )
Attached images
warden_law_circuit.jpg
Very different to me, I think I brake earlier
yes quite different, had to dodge the water at t4 and chicance.

i found that the rear over the kart didn't like to slide, i would 'hop' instead causing rather uncomfortable bruises , and i kept loosing exit speed in t4 and final turn
If you are bouncing then you are shaking speed off in the mid-late corner, that's too late to be losing the speed. You want to get the speed off on the way in... Sounds obvious put like that doesn't it .

But hell, you beat me so who am I to say anything !
that make it sound so easy lol, it was wierd could it never happened in the tight left before chicance, could slide the rear a little to help the kart turn but in the slow right could to get the thing loose at all
I think that's something to do with fhysikz.
Quote from JasonL220 :that make it sound so easy lol, it was wierd could it never happened in the tight left before chicance, could slide the rear a little to help the kart turn but in the slow right could to get the thing loose at all

sounds like a bent kart
Wish I'd gone now. Sounds great having the win earnt, rather than pretty much 'bought' as at the last couple of events.

I really am very very jealous...
Quote from tristancliffe :Wish I'd gone now. Sounds great having the win earnt, rather than pretty much 'bought' as at the last couple of events.

I really am very very jealous...

How were the wins "bought"?
By having the event arranged by a karter, at his local track, and allowing him to have fellow karters (that weren't really players of LFS until he gave him his second account) in his team, and then giving them the chance to 'arrange' to have the best kart.

It wasn't entirely fair because everyone else were relative karting newbies on an unfamiliar track...

And it's not me being bitter, because I wouldn't have won (or come close to a podium) anyway.
aaaaagh fair enough that must have passed me by
Quote from [SR] Keith :We're all wearing our team shirts, so from left to right:

Ken O (KayJay), Jason L (JasonL220), Jason M (Turkey - in the red shirt and shades), Mark M, Andrew L (at the back) and Keith M (the baldy at the back)

Cheers. Can't find Andrew L's LFS name though.

Here's most of the others done. Hope it's correct, let me know any changes.

If you have information on who these 3 are, call crime stoppers now !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG