The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :I can't help having the gear, regulations of my previous racing required it. Given the choice of my undies rubbing against a suit worn by some bloke swetting his nadgers off, and my own clothes, i'll take my own clothes any day

That gives me unwelcome thoughts on the suit I had........thanks
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Quote from Becky Rose :I can't help having the gear, regulations of my previous racing required It. Given the choice of my undies rubbing against a suit worn by some bloke swetting his nadgers off, and my own clothes, I'll take my own clothes any day

That gives me unwelcome thoughts on the suit I had........thanks

...and those suits were mandatory???
this event sounds like fun. if only one could be coordinated for us canucks.
It WAS fun!

And I just found this, a (rather crappy) helmet-cam video showing a few laps around the track. Brings out great memories doesn't it?
It WAS fun. And I just found this, a (rather crappy) helmet-cam video showing a few laps around the track. Brings back great memories doesn't it?
Ah that's pants driving, I got far more sideways on my laps. Still, nice find though!
This one is a bit better (think you might just want to turn the sound down though....)
Quote from nihil :This one is a bit better (think you might just want to turn the sound down though....)

Or off completely, only nasty dance music instead of two stroke jingle. Reasonable footage though.
thats a very long lap, you guys must of been nackered afterwards
Quote :only nasty dance music instead of two stroke jingle.

Well a 2 two jingle would not have fitted either, given that the karts shown in the vid where 4 stroke . I thought it was quite amusing to see standing water in pretty much the same places on that vid too though, I guess it's a permanent feature of Warden Law, although the exit of T3 looked a bit dryer for those guys.

Quote : thats a very long lap, you guys must of been nackered afterwards

Not really, the bigger the circuit the less it twists and beds and it was only a half hour race.
Quote from Becky Rose :Well a 2 two jingle would not have fitted either, given that the karts shown in the vid where 4 stroke

Really? And there was me thinking karting was invented just to recycle old lawnmower engines.
Quote from Bob Smith :Really? And there was me thinking karting was invented just to recycle old lawnmower engines.

How dare you???

In fact as far as I know, and I should really, Art Ingles is the godfather of the kart world. He 'assembled the first go kart out of scrap metal and a surplus West Bend Company Two Stroke engine' (which I don't think came from a lawnmower.... I think!!!).

Corporate karts (aka lawnmower karts) came after 2 stroke had settled in as the staple engine. Some young bright sparks saw the potential of the kart as a corporate tool.

On a side note Elvis Presley was one of the first owners of a kart

Art was a fanous builder of Indy cars and was part Kurtis Kraft race car build company. So thats how the kart was born, and lets just say from then it has been a reasonable success.

Thread overkill!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG