The online racing simulator
Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
Its like he is pretending to be a director so that girls like him, oh no wait thats Quentin Tarantino not JJ!
#77 - JJ72
Who I am on the Internet and real life are the same.

I didn't use those stories as baggage as only one really applied to my life, the rest I found out about years after the fact. I've just polled 3 people (because they were there) and the result of my poll shows that 100% of the people I talk to in real life agree with me.

Let us go back to when I was 12 for a little bit of baggage, a dog I've grown up with dies, yeah it sucked, but I'd never of dreamed about comparing it to the death of someone's child, why? Well the only way to put it is this: I was not an idiot.

Anyone who even tries to make a link between the death of a human and the death of an animal should work for PeTA in making their next deeply offensive campaign, like the "Holocaust On Your Plate".
#79 - wark
RM's thread is (not was) an artistic statement. It is satirical, pointing out how silly it is to post personal stuff as news here. I've always understood the "my --- died" threads. They are just attention-whoring pity parties to make people feel obligated to post their regards.

Would you stand up in the middle of a wedding ceremony and declare to all that your dog just died? Sure, it sucks, but that's no place for it and neither is this: an international setting.

If a man die, instead post a biography. That will give those interested something to read.
#80 - JJ72
err sorry what you are saying is just you agree with yourself because you was not an idiot by your own definition.
#81 - JJ72
Quote from wark :Would you stand up in the middle of a wedding ceremony and declare to all that your dog just died? Sure, it sucks, but that's no place for it and neither is this: an international setting.

I don't see the relevence.

it's just a forum.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
For an example, Sam when you had your bike accident, i bet none of your close family really take the piss out of you but me and most members couldn't really give a shit what you did, hence why we take the piss, its like walking past someone on the street and them drop dead 5 days later, would anyone give a toss? I don't think so, same goes for here in most cases.

I think Sam's horrific life threatening accident is somewhat different though because in fairness to Jordan he was only making a thread to get a bit of attention rather than stealing our money with some frivolous claim and then trying to do the whole sympathy routine.
I'm not altogether convinced that Psychoman is understanding either the various stages of grief, or the actual point I made - which if he hadnt personalised it so much, very specifically stated I wasnt drawing a direct comparison between the two events.

In short if I meet him i'll be forced to punch first, just to protect myself... How stupid is that? It's a silly state of affairs when someone reads what they want into an argument just so that they can have an argument because they cant deal with their own baggage.

Meh. Silly debate. I'm off to run over some cats.
Quote from lerts :1 in 4 are said to be psychos, dont give a dam about others feelings

I don't think those callous reactions came from people with no feelings. If they had no feelings they would simply ignore the RIP threads, and you wouldn't see any of these posts.

To the contrary. I get the impression that these guys feel uneasy when someone else displays their grief. Really uneasy. So much that their knee-jerk response is to deny that the grief exists. So they ridicule it, or try to put it into perspective ("it could be worse").

Or, as tristan put it so eloquently:
Quote from tristancliffe :Don't try and make me care

Id just like to poiont out that, judging by jordans birthday on LFSW hes 15 nearly 16. If hes 13 then fine i can understand he hasn't gone through something like this before and lacks the control you get of your emotions as you get older but if hes 15 going on 16 surely he would be able to deal with the situation himself? (not a dig at Jordan or anyone, just asking a question).
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Id just like to poiont out that, judging by jordans birthday on LFSW hes 15 nearly 16. If hes 13 then fine i can understand he hasn't gone through something like this before and lacks the control you get of your emotions as you get older but if hes 15 going on 16 surely he would be able to deal with the situation himself? (not a dig at Jordan or anyone, just asking a question).

Really depends on what a certain individual has come accross in his/her life. Think about it, it's just three years difference in your example.

Basically you are right tho. It's just not something that you really could apply to all people... especially in this matter (losing somebody), a thirteen year old could be more "mature" than a 20 year old, depending on what they have experienced in their lives so far.
Quote from Equinox :I've had to sit & wait with a friend who was stabbed multiple times a few months back, waiting for an ambulance. Unfortuneatly before the ambulance could arrive, my friend passed away. God bless him.

Woah, man... I know exactly how it feels like, sorry for your loss. R.I.P your friend

On topic : I believe death (doesn't matter if it's a human or a dog or another pet) is a matter to be treated respectfully, because every death brings pain. I don't like people making fun of other people's pain, and basically RM's thread could be translated as [squeaky voice]oooh look at meeee, I lost a pet and now I'm in grief[/squeaky voice] which was actually making fun of other people's grief. I find it low.
Quote from Becky Rose :In short if I meet him i'll be forced to punch first, just to protect myself... How stupid is that?

sadly it probably makes perfect sense to him considering his line of work
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :if hes 15 going on 16 surely he would be able to deal with the situation himself?

Most boys of 16 will have been told many times to not be a sissy, take it like a man, etc. Yes, they will have learnt to either shut up and swallow their grief, or face ridicule from their peers. Boy, isn't growing up fun?
Quote from Shotglass :sadly it probably makes perfect sense to him considering his line of work

Well...unless he hasn't updated his fit-o-meter recently, Becky probably hasn't got too much to worry about yet...1.5k in over 10 minutes...laughable! I can still manage that today, and I'm over 50, over-weight, and over the hill!
I had to do it in under nine IN FULL COMBAT GEAR (DPM's, boots, 22kg pack, helmet and rifle) to pass my basic training...followed by 8k (still in combat gear) in under 60 minutes with just a ten minute rest in between...in July on a sunny day with 32 degrees of heat.
Quote from wsinda :Most boys of 16 will have been told many times to not be a sissy, take it like a man, etc. Yes, they will have learnt to either shut up and swallow their grief, or face ridicule from their peers. Boy, isn't growing up fun?

Well im 16 and yes growing up is heaps of fun (not) But my point is, he is the same age as me and i know that if my dog died id be able to deal with it, thats just the sort of person i am, my mates would be the same, sure id tell my mates and they'd tell me but only because i know they would be generally sad for my loss, where as people on the forum wouldn't. I was just a bit confused as i thought people of my age would be able to deal with something like that by themselves and not need to start a thread for people to give sympathy.
Quote from Bladerunner :Well...unless he hasn't updated his fit-o-meter recently, Becky probably hasn't got too much to worry about yet...1.5k in over 10 minutes...laughable! I can still manage that today, and I'm over 50, over-weight, and over the hill!
I had to do it in under nine IN FULL COMBAT GEAR (DPM's, boots, 22kg pack, helmet and rifle) to pass my basic training...followed by 8k (still in combat gear) in under 60 minutes with just a ten minute rest in between...in July on a sunny day with 32 degrees of heat.

1.5 miles, not kilometres (2.4k fyi). But it isn't really up to date as I only do timed runs once every two weeks, next is due this week, should see me dip into 9 minutes, which is nice.
Quote from wark :RM's thread is (not was) an artistic statement.

Finally someone who understand my artistic mind!

Edit: anyway I'm out of it now. I'll let everyone here try to find what's write and what's not. See you later!
Quote from wsinda :Most boys of 16 will have been told many times to not be a sissy, take it like a man, etc.

Well it's true.
Well at 16 you sorta should take it like a man...Unless you've had severe emotional trauma, in which case you're excused...
The bottom line is, don't post your personal traumas or problems on a internet forum. Especially one as public as this.

Or conversely, use these rules when on the internet:
  • nobody gives two sh*ts about your problems.
  • you have no real friends on the internet.
  • there will always be a jerk who will go out of their way to ruin your emotional grief.
Have that attitude, and disasters that spawned this thread will not happen.
Quote from jayhawk :you have no real friends on the internet.

Well, not on this forum at least. But I have friends that I talk to over facebook, but they were my friends before I added them on facebook.
At least we're not this bad:

I can't help but laugh....
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :At least we're not this bad: (insert picture)

That's the best example of how everybody can't give a damn about someone's problems, no matter how big or small.

On the internet, you can be as disgustingly repulsive as far as the limits of your mind go and no one can really track you down (with the exception of hackers and the special agencies).

Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG