The online racing simulator
Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
Tristan we love you, don't leave us! :lovies3d:
Quote from tristancliffe : If you don't want to listen to an aspect of humanity that doesn't think in the same way as you (or, as it's called, putting the blinkers on) then just automatically hide my posts. It really is that simple.

Your thoughts are your thoughts. You opinions are your opinions.

At the end of the day though the post felt like a provocative attempt, like you seem to do a lot, to start an argument where it is not needed.

I bet the people that shared your opinion on Jordan's thread, thought it but didn't want to share the thought out of respect for someone's feelings.
I do believe this forum has lost some of it's friendly community, not what the forum used to be about a year ago.
People should just show a general intrest in people opinions, intrests, deaths of an animal/human or such like, this would stop flame wars etc...
Oh yea and ban TristanCliffe for life as he's a prick. Sorry I speak my mind, best way to be.
You are clearly an expert on how to stop flaming sam.
Tell me guys - how did a thread about the death of my worm went from a joke to a giant fight between persons that has nothing to do with it? If I knew it was going to make such a bomb, I'd have posted this on a bigger forum!
I love how everyone is attacking Tristan when it was me who was attacking people who make RIP threads. He was, like a few others, just agreeing (sort of) with that I said. And I bet if the rest of you got off your high horses you would too.
@sam93
Maybe you're right about the loss, but imo the basic ammount of friendliness didn't get lost, it just got overwhelmed by the massive "noobness" (couldn't find a better word right now) of the newcomers. Nowadays the trend seems to be less thinking but more typing, + somehow people find it easier to express their negative feelings (bitch'n'whine) than the positive ones, even when the situation requires saying something nice, or not saying anything at all.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I love how everyone is attacking Tristan when it was me who was attacking people who make RIP threads. He was, like a few others, just agreeing (sort of) with that I said.

Awe, are you sad that you're not getting attention in this thread and Tristan is? Must be tough... Come on everyone, lets complain about P5YcHoM4N so he can feel more valued by people he doesn't even know
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You are clearly an expert on how to stop flaming sam.

Lol, I understand everyone has their opinions altough if people kept their opinions to theirselves it would stop arguements and such like.
In Jordans thread about when his dog had to be put down, why did people have to show know heart for him, they could of a said sorry for to hear that etc... But people were saying it's a part of life get used to it and why do we care, if one of those lost their dog what soon does become your best friend of only having them from a couple of days, people attach to animals very quickly IMO and their dog had to be put down they would be upset, who wouldn't if they had a HEART, Jordan might of found it a little easier to talk about it to others instead of talking to friends etc... People have different ways of dealing with things and that might of been Jordans way of dealing with his dogs death.
Quote from Michael Denham :Come on everyone, lets complain about P5YcHoM4N so he can feel more valued by people he doesn't even know

Hey P5YcHoM4N your feet really stink, go take a bath or something dude.

Can someone open a window or something, it's getting really stuffy in here.

Not a bad start! But I still feel he's not getting any recognition for posting negative comments in that RIP thread... Which has got to suck cos he did go to the trouble of posting several very negative comments in that thread! And Tristan is apparently unfairly getting all the heat for simply agreeing with the instigator
Quote from Michael Denham :Awe, are you sad that you're not getting attention in this thread and Tristan is? Must be tough... Come on everyone, lets complain about P5YcHoM4N so he can feel more valued by people he doesn't even know

No, the way I see it if you're going to attack someone for having a less than friendly opinion you might as well attack everyone who shares it, which is easily 5 other people who replied in that thread. However there seems to be a bandwagon of attacking Tristan and everyone is jumping on it.

I also love how you left out the high horse part, which tells me you agree with the opinion but don't like the stigma that comes with publicly admitting it.
@ Michael, But that means i'll have to go search the other threads and read em, and quite frankly i'm too much of a lazy git to do so.

Much better to question his personal hygiene. Much greater comedic mileage in that one.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I also love how you left out the high horse part, which tells me you agree with the opinion but don't like the stigma that comes with publicly admitting it.

No, I just left it out because it wasn't that part of the post that I was replying to, and I like to trim down the quotes to take up less space on the page. As I've done with this one...

For what it's worth, I wouldn't start an RIP thread myself, but when someone does, I respect the fact that they felt the need to share this with the people on the forum. Even if I felt that nobody should post RIP threads, I wouldn't mention that in an RIP thread, because I don't see what it achieves. I'd just not look at the thread and not post in it. But that's just me
Quote from Riders Motion :Tell me guys - how did a thread about the death of my worm went from a joke to a giant fight between persons that has nothing to do with it? If I knew it was going to make such a bomb, I'd have posted this on a bigger forum!

But why would you want to take the piss out of someone lossing their dog, if you had a dog(Dont know if you do) and it died your would be very upset, a dog becomes a member of the family very quickly, one of my dogs is 10 now and he may only have 2-3 more years left in him as shar-pei's dont live very long and I will most likely be upset about it when he dies although I wont post on the forum because I wont find the need to, Jordan might of found it better to cheer him up by posting about it on the forum. I will proberly be even more upset when my black lab dies but that wont be for years yet as he's only a year and a half old, but as he goes everywhere with me (not litterally, like to school etc... before anyone says) I will find it harder then the shar-pei to deal with, basically because the lab is like my shadow, man's best friend.

I found your post about the worm taking the piss out of Jordan's thread very disrespectful.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : solved
I'm sorry but when I see those types of threads about people or pets that nobody on the forum has a connection with or any knowledge of, I have to question why the thread has been made. The poster is either very naive and expecting a lot of sympathy, or they are showing off their grief as if its something that should be paraded about.

I've come across the type of person that does that many times, and they will cry and complain about how hard their life is almost every bloody day. Eventually someone will get sick of it and throw it back in their face. Considering Jordans age I think he was just naive, and it was a little bit out of order to take the piss with the worm thing, although it was only a joke and not directly aimed at Jordan, it seemed to be aimed at the RIP threads in general.

Life = :Handshake
Internet = :chairs:
#42 - th84
Quote from 510N3D :While youre spot on there im sorry to say that i cant exclude you from that sort of group.

Please show me where Ive acted in that way....
Not many people that posted in that thread were disrespectful, more speaking their minds on what they would do in a similar situation which lead to the thread getting locked which was disrespectful.

On forum with this many people on it (also being that we don't go to meets or anything like a car club would doesn't help) you will get people that have different views on different things, i actually thought Tristans post was quite fair, i thought alot of peoples comments on that thread were worse but people see him as a "hater" so they go after him as an example.

For an example, Sam when you had your bike accident, i bet none of your close family really take the piss out of you but me and most members couldn't really give a shit what you did, hence why we take the piss, its like walking past someone on the street and them drop dead 5 days later, would anyone give a toss? I don't think so, same goes for here in most cases.
It's an online forum, what do you people expect?
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : solved
#45 - th84
Fair enough.
#46 - JJ72
People are responsilble for themselves when they post stuff like this on a forum, they don't need defending imo.

it's just the same in real life, sometimes you expect too much from "friends" that don't actually care much about you, I guess we are all old enough to see this? Sometimes you just want to share something, just to let it out of yourself, instead of looking for sympathy which could be a portion of the motive yes but not that important.

just let it get over with, you can't demand people to act in your standard, but at least some people do genuinely care.
Quote from tristancliffe :Aha, the old 'attack someone in a thread they haven't even posted in' trick. I thought I was the only one that did that!

I have plenty of humanity. I just don't feel the need to share it with 99.99% of people on forums because I'll never meet them, I don't care about them, and if they dropped off the face of the planet it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. And I would expect all of them to feel (or rather, not feel) the same way about me, as I'm just a username and an avatar (although I try not to hide behind an immature monikor like a rebellious teenager). I could not care less if you want to commit suicide, or if your granny dies, or if you get a tapeworm, or if your boss come on at you at work.

In real life I'm nice, polite, thoughtful, considerate etc. On top of arrogant, selfish, egotistical, shy, outgoing, loud, quiet, lazy, workaholic of course. I'm me.

There is an ignore feature on this forum. Funnily enough, despite my frequent(ish) reminders, very few people seem to bother it seems. If you don't want to listen to an aspect of humanity that doesn't think in the same way as you (or, as it's called, putting the blinkers on) then just automatically hide my posts. It really is that simple.

Thing is, even if you don't care one bit about others, you don't have to express that way. Call it a mather of tabu if you want, tho you don't care about people you don't directly tell it to them - in first place you rather should have ignored the topic instead of posting a comment just to provoke or to fire up the mood.

I don't say we are going to be the carepolice and make love to eachothers over the forum, but I just points out that if there is a topic you highly disagree with, and you know the comment will provoke - why even post it?
Quote from tristancliffe :I have plenty of humanity. I just don't feel the need to share it with 99.99% of people on forums because I'll never meet them, I don't care about them, and if they dropped off the face of the planet it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. And I would expect all of them to feel (or rather, not feel) the same way about me, as I'm just a username and an avatar (although I try not to hide behind an immature monikor like a rebellious teenager). I could not care less if you want to commit suicide, or if your granny dies, or if you get a tapeworm, or if your boss come on at you at work.

Then why did you feel the need to make a post in Jordan's thread or even read it further than the first post if you absolutely don't care?
Quote from zeugnimod :Then why did you feel the need to make a post in Jordan's thread or even read it further than the first post if you absolutely don't care?

Because he's an attention-whore and knew making a comment like that would stir things up.
Quote :
Now, we all have different views. I see pets, whislt becoming part of the family, can be replaced, whether earthworm, fish or cat/dog, theres always another one to be had. Unfortuneatly, we cant replace humans. Obviously some of you guys may see this differently, which I understand.

No pets aren't replaceable. As someone who has only become a pet owner over the last few years ( uh oh, spinster syndrome, no children yet eh... ) i've found i've bonded to my cats in a very unique way - when my first cat was run over I lost someone who I cared for and interacted with daily as if it was my own blood laying in the side of the road.

The owner/pet relationship is like that, sometimes the only reminder that they're not little humans running around is the field mouse I got presented with last night...

I guess you could argue I don't understand death from the above statement, but I assure you i've had my share of it.

Having said that i've never spoken about a death relating to me on a forum before, I dont think i'd like that. One thing i've found is that I do empathically pick up on the emotions of others and when I read a tale of death or something I can get very upset - so generally speaking I avoid the threads that talk about death, it's too raw a subject for me I dont want to read about it.

I've read the ones being discussed here, and I think it's pretty damn sick to mock somebody elses misfortune, and the bashing he got for "it could be worse" has no smegging place. Oh I could tell you stories about how it could be worse, you think its bad to hold a friend whilst he dies? I could give you a comparison and tell you to shut up. I'm not going too, because I know how hard it is to deal with death and the last thing anybody needs is a "my death is worse than your death" willy waving contest.

Let people find their own way of dealing with grief and leave it at that.

Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG