The online racing simulator
Regarding current matters ...
(116 posts, started )
Right, first of all, I'm not wrinting this to induce a flame war, or to offend or insult ANYONE.

But after seeing the cold reception of RM's (not exactly amusing, but not that harmful) thread, I'm kind of "appauled and disgusted" how you guys treated it.

Unfortuneatly, Jordans dog had to be put down. Yes, its not the greatest thing in the world, no death is, even if its your own earth worm. I've had to sit & wait with a friend who was stabbed multiple times a few months back, waiting for an ambulance. Unfortuneatly before the ambulance could arrive, my friend passed away. God bless him.

I didnt post it here. I didnt blog it, or tell friends. He always was a quiet guy, and it was in his best intrests i decided not to.

Now, we all have different views. I see pets, whislt becoming part of the family, can be replaced, whether earthworm, fish or cat/dog, theres always another one to be had. Unfortuneatly, we cant replace humans. Obviously some of you guys may see this differently, which I understand.

Please feel free to add your own thoughs here. All I ask is you dont flame, whore or spam etc. etc.

Jordan, I wish you all the best. It is never easy to overcome the loss of any life.

Sarge.
R.I.P., Equinox' friend
Quote from Equinox :Now, we all have different views. I see pets, whislt becoming part of the family, can be replaced, whether earthworm, fish or cat/dog, theres always another one to be had. Unfortuneatly, we cant replace humans. Obviously some of you guys may see this differently, which I understand.

This is true but what gives you the right to make fun of it just because you can't understand it? Because that's all RM's thread was. And just look at the last posts in Jordan's thread. Just disgusting.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Equinox :Right, first of all, I'm not wrinting this to induce a flame war, or to offend or insult ANYONE.

But after seeing the cold reception of RM's (not exactly amusing, but not that harmful) thread, I'm kind of "appauled and disgusted" how you guys treated it.

Unfortuneatly, Jordans dog had to be put down. Yes, its not the greatest thing in the world, no death is, even if its your own earth worm. I've had to sit & wait with a friend who was stabbed multiple times a few months back, waiting for an ambulance. Unfortuneatly before the ambulance could arrive, my friend passed away. God bless him.

I didnt post it here. I didnt blog it, or tell friends. He always was a quiet guy, and it was in his best intrests i decided not to.

Now, we all have different views. I see pets, whislt becoming part of the family, can be replaced, whether earthworm, fish or cat/dog, theres always another one to be had. Unfortuneatly, we cant replace humans. Obviously some of you guys may see this differently, which I understand.

Please feel free to add your own thoughs here. All I ask is you dont flame, whore or spam etc. etc.

Jordan, I wish you all the best. It is never easy to overcome the loss of any life.

Sarge.

Amen to that.

I agree

Whilst it is sad that something/one passes away, a public forum really isnt the place to say it - you are bound to get some people that take the piss e.t.c.
I didnt really want to offend anyone. I knew it would make some waves but it turned into a storm. Oh well, too bad if peoples dont like my 'humour' but it's the internet anyway and as Quicksilver said somewhere else, if I had a death in my familly I wouldnt advertise it on the net.

Quote :Unfortuneatly, Jordans dog had to be put down. Yes, its not the greatest thing in the world, no death is, even if its your own earth worm.

I see worms everywhere today.
Quote from Riders Motion :I didnt really want to offend anyone. I knew it would make some waves but it turned into a storm. Oh well, too bad if peoples dont like my 'humour' but it's the internet anyway and as Quicksilver said somewhere else, if I had a death in my familly I wouldnt advertise it on the net.

amen brother man
#7 - th84
Why even make this thread. It was a tasteless attempt at humor by RM that failed. Let it die off. There is no reason to start another thread.

Who would and who wouldn't make a thread about a dead loved one is not the point. The point is children who feel like they need to come on here and make themselves look cool by pointing and laughing at others.
And it escalates!!!
Excuse for me being a bit frank, but i will not be surprised if all this turns out to be a prank.

You just had to make another thread to be filled with nothingness, over nothingness. Pets, worms, pigglets, or friggin kangaroos are all just as irreplacable...on the dinnner table that is of course.

I do however share your view on humans equinox, seen some horrid crap as well. Not going to even hint anything.
That was a nice comment, Equinox. I must say that I maximally agree with you.
Quote from Equinox :pets, whislt becoming part of the family, can be replaced, whether earthworm, fish or cat/dog, theres always another one to be had.

That's absolute rubbish, and whether you think that, a lot of people don't.
#11 - 5haz
I understand that loosing a pet or loved one is very saddening, but I have to agree with Equinox, I'ts generally not a good idea to share personal matters with the whole of the internet!

However I also do not agree with how Riders Motion went on about it, you shouldn't make fun of someones loss like that, thats not the sensible way to critisise something I think.

If RM had just said "I think it's not a good idea to go and tell everyone" that would have been fine, but the fact that he had to make a joke out of it is rather poor IMO.
Quote from 5haz :I understand that loosing a pet or loved one is very saddening, but I have to agree with Equinox, I'ts generally not a good idea to share personal matters with the whole of the internet!
However I also do not agree with how Riders Motion went on about it, you shouldn't make fun of someones loss like that, thats not the sensible way to critisise something I think.
If RM had just said "I think it's not a good idea to go and tell everyone" that would have been fine, but the fact that he had to make a joke out of it is rather poor IMO.

I on the other hand can't understand what's wrong with that, it's just a joke.

Put it this way, if spankmeyer would have made the joke, would this thread exist or would the joke post be even closed yet?
#13 - 5haz
Quote from Taavi(EST) :I on the other hand can't understand what's wrong with that, it's just a joke.

Put it this way, if spankmeyer would have made the joke, would this thread exist or would the joke post be even closed yet?

Yes but people like Spankmeyer have a good taste in humour and know where the line is and not to cross it, Spankmeyer wouldn't have made a joke like that.

Even though I don't agree that you should tell the whole electronic world about your personal matters, I still sympathise with Jordan and I think that no matter what, you shouldn't laugh at other peoples personal loss.

I certainly wouldn't wan't someone to laugh at me if I lost someone or something close to me.
In all fairness, lets all just cut the crap, shut up, and go racing! Thats why we're here after all...
What a bizarre little thread.

I expect this will be closed for exactly the same reason as the other two threads, just as soon as Sam gets back from the pub.

Oh and +1 to GFresh
Do we really need a third thread over this topic? I feel that posting threads like these are pretty pointless and a bit annoying and I think Tristan's post pretty much sums up how I feel about these kind of threads. I don't think that some of the other cheap shots at the OP are appropriate.
I didn't have chance to post in any of the other 2 threads, my view is that this forum isn't personal, people on here aren't really your friends, just people you might chat to and get along with, if something happens to me personal i like to keep it that way, not broadcast it to 10,000+ people. Like Tristan said no-one really gives a shit about you, sure they can feel some sympathy for you but not really as much as real friends and family.

Sure if your dog has just died and you want to tell people why not tell them on MSN? People that you actually know and care about you (some of them anyway).

Sure i sympathise as i have a dog myself and yes it would be upsetting if anything happened to him but I persoanlly wouldn't feel the need to say so on a forum as i don't like sympathy i like to deal with things like that my own way which is feeling how you want to feel about the situation, not listening to people telling you how to cope with it or feeling sorry for you when in reality then don't give a shit and forget what you've just said in 5mins.

RM's thread was totally out of place and just generally a load of BS, GROW UP!

Ahhh got it off my chest.

Just my personal opinion.
hell i love forums is like being back on playground
Worse than that lerts. Maybe even nursery. Kindergarden if you ask.
Yeah I'm thinking of starting a thread explaining that I think there are too many pointless threads started these days.
This topic proves that this forum is filled with careless idiots who couldn't understand a other person even if they tried.

Regardless if it's a animal or human, it's a living beeing that you make a bond with. You do things togheter, you maybe walk trips togheter, play togheter - it get's like an extra family. Saying you don't understand how people can be sad when losing their loved pets it both harsh, stupid and utterly naive.

And I points specially at you Tristan, the day I find some humanity in you I belive in Jesus. Or maybe it's just something you "turn" on? You love to provoke, I don't know if this is a scream for attention or just pure meanness.
Quote from Luke.S :Worse than that lerts. Maybe even nursery. Kindergarden if you ask.

Nope, I'm afraid this is very much the real world , thats why I day dream a lot
If he wants to post his grief publicly on the forum, then so be it. It was his choice, and this forum grants that choice.

Some people decided rather than being respectful and either posting condolences, or just not posting at all; to post and derail the thread at their choice leading to it being locked.

He was upset, but some people decided to kick him while he was down and give him an attempted reason to why he should not have posted it.

Shameful.
Quote from The Very End :This topic proves that this forum is filled with careless idiots who couldn't understand a other person even if they tried.

Regardless if it's a animal or human, it's a living beeing that you make a bond with. You do things togheter, you maybe walk trips togheter, play togheter - it get's like an extra family. Saying you don't understand how people can be sad when losing their loved pets it both harsh, stupid and utterly naive.

And I points specially at you Tristan, the day I find some humanity in you I belive in Jesus. Or maybe it's just something you "turn" on? You love to provoke, I don't know if this is a scream for attention or just pure meanness.

Aha, the old 'attack someone in a thread they haven't even posted in' trick. I thought I was the only one that did that!

I have plenty of humanity. I just don't feel the need to share it with 99.99% of people on forums because I'll never meet them, I don't care about them, and if they dropped off the face of the planet it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me. And I would expect all of them to feel (or rather, not feel) the same way about me, as I'm just a username and an avatar (although I try not to hide behind an immature monikor like a rebellious teenager). I could not care less if you want to commit suicide, or if your granny dies, or if you get a tapeworm, or if your boss come on at you at work.

In real life I'm nice, polite, thoughtful, considerate etc. On top of arrogant, selfish, egotistical, shy, outgoing, loud, quiet, lazy, workaholic of course. I'm me.

There is an ignore feature on this forum. Funnily enough, despite my frequent(ish) reminders, very few people seem to bother it seems. If you don't want to listen to an aspect of humanity that doesn't think in the same way as you (or, as it's called, putting the blinkers on) then just automatically hide my posts. It really is that simple.

(116 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG