The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Kyoto 500 Sign Ups and Entry Requirements
Please sign up in here for the inaugural Kyoto 500.

Qualifying will be held on the 21 and 22 June 2008. Check the official Qualifying Thread for information

The Race will be held on the 28 June 2008, at around 6pm BST.

Entry Requirements:
  • At least 300 online laps (of FO8/KY1(r)).
  • An LFSW uploaded hotlap of less than 38 seconds (if you can't do that after 300 laps then you shouldn't be competing!).
  • Attendance for at least 2 of the Kyoto 500 practice evenings/days held in May and June.
  • A friendly attitude.
  • Respect for other racers, admins and the rules.
All of the above must be attained by 21st June.

Please post your entry in the below format - all on one line please.

Your number / Your real name (will be your in-game name) / Nationality / *in brackets*LFSUsername*close brackets*

e.g. 21 / Joe Bloggs / England / (Bloggsie)

Any number between 1 and 999 is permitted. A number such as 005 is also permitted.

Your skin must have your number on the nose, sidepods and sides of rear wing.

N.B If you have already entered the LFSCART series, then you will be entered for this automatically, however, your place is not guaranteed. You will join in with everyone else in the qualifying sessions. Just like everybody else, you will only have a place in the race if you qualify in the top 30 drivers.

I have removed the list from here to prevent conflicts. The PDF file is the OFFICIAL list. If your name is still on it and you have withdrawn, please contact me (dekojester) via PM.

Entries that need to be added to the List:

7 / T. Wetmore / USA / TomShanK [LFSCART]
Attached files
Signups.pdf - 61.5 KB - 346 views
24 /Kenneth O'Keefe / Canadian CAN / [Racer hero]

YES IM FIRST
6 / Brandon Hall / USA / [NtrlBrnRacer]
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
61 / J.J. Wang / China / [lizardfolk]
27 / Brendon Singh / USA / [bluenavy]
87 / Kristjan Järve / Estonia / [Kristjan.J]
07/ Üllar Mikk / Estonia / [-nightfly-]
10 / Taha El Alaoui / Canada / (evilpimp)
500 laps seems like alot for a race that is only 270 laps. its pretty easy to set a sub 40 second lap aswell. (just did a 37 sec, and its only my 30th time around the oval in F08)
I set a low 37 in my first 5 laps -_-.

40 is wayyyy too far I'd suggest a 38 seeing as you don't even need to lift in this car.

Other then that, the laps do seem like a lot but look at all the time we have... O_O!
Quote from evilpimp :I set a low 37 in my first 5 laps -_-.

40 is wayyyy too far I'd suggest a 38 seeing as you don't even need to lift in this car.

Other then that, the laps do seem like a lot but look at all the time we have... O_O!

I agree we cant have guys that are 3 secs slower then people, then lapped traffic is an issue.
During testing in the next month, I will determine the slowest allowable speed. This will be the speed that you will have to be maintain or be sacked from the race. I'll give you one shot to pick it up, after that, done.
Take my name off the list. I just belive its just to eairly to race for me.
76 / Haruna Say / USA / Haruna Say OR Konata-san

Crossed fingers for a finish!
To all potential sign ups:

Please don't think that this race is going to be just for those aliens who set near WR times every lap. It's open to everyone. Provided that you have the right mentality and are a clean racer, then you can still enter. The entry requirement of 500 laps can be attained by merely doing 6-7 laps every day until quali day. So, even if you're new to oval racing - come and join us - you'll learn alot from the pros.

If you want to start practicing from scratch, then i recommend this:

Take the attached setup, and add a couple of degrees of wing. Drive some laps to get used to the car, and then slowly lower the wing 1 deg at a time until you reach its present state again. Once you have mastered this, then start adjusting the other settings to gain a faster time.

Good luck
Attached files
FO8_OVAL.set - 132 B - 988 views

17 / Mark Bos / England / Mazar

Best, Maz
So
55 / Thilo Falkenberg / Germany / (TFalke55)

As I wanne take part at least in one other race of my own LFSCART I will beat the 500 laps mark as soon as possible.
16 / Nolan Scott / United States of America (USA) / (BigTime)

Considering the race is in June there is no 100% I'm going to be able to make the race. I'll let you know ASAP if I can.
11 / paul johnson [SR] Mutt / USA / mutt107
Ah what the heck, I'll put my name down. I may have to pull out though.

14 / Zach Nicholson / Canada! / ([TC]>Zoomy<)
2/ Tom Hands/ English / (MexicanHatBoy)

Should be OK exams permitting!
Cheers for organising
Thanks for your entries guys.

FRO / formularacing.org server is now set to this combo, and will be all the time until the race. If you fancy popping in, Mazar will be happy to see you
1 / Justin Kay / American USA / TeamPlayersBlue
29 / Jocelyn Gingras / Canada / [Elderado]
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG