The online racing simulator
LOL,

Race results in

234th out of 277 finishers, not too shabby
Just a little bump, incase anyone is still interested

Training continuing, have now lost nearly 2 stone in weight since Jan (22 lbs), BMI is now 25.5 and my body fat % is now 20%.

Have now found that the weight is almost dropping off me, lost close to 4lb last week, think it's since I upped my mileage to over 20 miles a week.

Family and friends are now saying I am skinny!!!! LMAO, being told I should stop losing weight now as I look gaunt!!! LMAO, even though I am not even trying to lose weight now!.

Next race is 20th Aug, when I am going to try and get a 29min PB in a 5k race, then next race is the Norwich half marathon in Novemember, then the biggie..........

Paris marathon in April 2009
Quote from danowat :Just a little bump, incase anyone is still interested

Training continuing, have now lost nearly 2 stone in weight since Jan (22 lbs), BMI is now 25.5 and my body fat % is now 20%.

Have now found that the weight is almost dropping off me, lost close to 4lb last week, think it's since I upped my mileage to over 20 miles a week.

Family and friends are now saying I am skinny!!!! LMAO, being told I should stop losing weight now as I look gaunt!!! LMAO, even though I am not even trying to lose weight now!.

Next race is 20th Aug, when I am going to try and get a 29min PB in a 5k race, then next race is the Norwich half marathon in Novemember, then the biggie..........

Paris marathon in April 2009

Good to hear man!

About training, it's not you going to see the results, first the weight stands still, and then it falls down, like it does now. Remember to eat enough to not lose muscle mass.
Yeah, I have a pretty good balanced diet.

I think it's hard to balance muscle vs weight for running, obviously muscle = weight, and weight = less speed.
As long as you run much, I don't think you will have problem getting the "wrong" muscles If you run much you'll get muscles every place in your body, since it's a total body work out to run longer distance. But just doing weights will not be good, since your training your muscles to do quick "tights (pull togheter and release), rather than doing it slow and over time.

Sorry, I am horrible and english, can't describe it better
Quote from danowat :Just a quick bump.

Training is going well, feeling strong about this next 10k race.

Loving my new Garmin forerunner 405, its bloody awesome and a great motivational tool

Plus, I have lost another stone (14lb's) in weight since Jan

ahhhhh, i am heavily thinking of investing 200 € into a Garmin Forerunner 305. But as always i dont know if i really should do this big investment.
...and what was the reason why you decided for the 405 and not the 305?
Its a lot more expensive over here. Cheapest i have seen was sth above 300 €.
Would you actually be able to use it as a speedometer for cycling? (refresh rate, precision)?
The main reason I choose the 405 over the 305 was the size of the unit, that, and nothing else.

Yes, you can use it as a cycle speed, refresh rate and precision is way good enough.
First 5K race this evening, I completed it in 27:16, very happy with the result!!!
Congratulation! What type of run was it? On the track?
Show me your garmin data!

Gote my garmin on tuesday. Tuesday is always intervall training on the track for me, was a bit hard to use it first time with all this starting and stopping. But its definatley very handy to pace myself in training and as i am a statistic geek i'll definately have more fun as longer as i use it.
It was a road race, not an overly flat one either!!, STATS HERE
Did a 10k multi terrain race yesterday, in the grounds of a local statley home, was a very nice run, quite tough, a fair bit of mud, hills, rutted grass tracks, bit of everything thrown in.

Course wasn't quite up to distance, it was about 0.5mile short of 10k, and it was a charity event, so there was no timing, or official results.

It was a very nice run though, managed to do it in a shade over an hour including a pee stop!!!, according to my Garmin, time would have been 59:50 without the pee stop

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/810272

Next stop, Norwich half marathon in just over two months.
You really putting a effort in this project Dan, nice to see
I guess you are in super shape now?
Dunno about super shape, years and years of bodily abuse have taken their toll on my poor frame!!!!.

But, I am a heck of a lot fitter than I have ever been, and a heck of a lot lighter than I have ever been .

The "project" has evolved a little from when I started at the beginning of the year, my ultimate goal is now to finish the Paris marathon in under 5 hours, time will tell
So how long is it to this marraton, and how long is it?

By just looking on the huge progress you have done over the month I have no problems beliving you can reach that personal goal.

How many kg's have you lost since the start of training?
Sorry, I don't quite get these pounds values, damn vikings you know..
It's on 5th April 2009, so about 7 months, lots of time to train, it's standard marathon length, 26.2 miles.

When I started training I was about 236lbs, (107.2kgs), I am now about 206lbs (93.6kgs) so have lost a total of 30lbs (or 13.6kgs).

I had a bit of a training blip a couple of weeks ago, and had to take a week off because I was exhausted, but I feel much better after the break.
13 kg is much, so you have done some great work!
The marraton is still some months away, so I'm sure you'll be in shape when that comes.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
I have a weekly scheduled long run, which is currently 10 mile, pb for that is 1:45 mins (Stats HERE), which was at an easy pace, these long runs will increase to 16 miles over the coming months for the HM.

I am training towards the half marathon, and ultimately the marathon, the 10k times come down just down to the training, but I am not training specifically to reduce the 10k times, but I seem to prefer the distance, I am not really fast enough to make a decent impact on the 5k races, although my current pb, 27mins, isnt too shabby.

Ironman?, probably never , although I am planning on doing a couple of triathlons next year after the marathon .
Sounds like you're getting fit, Dan.

Cigarette?
Fitter
Wow 10 miles is impressive. You improved quite a lot it seems. I never went above 14kms.

I stopped running 11.6 km a week cause my knee started to be painful. Now I reduced to 5.8 km.

My track has a lot of elevation changes and U turns so it's hard to do comparison but my pb is 26.15s which is 7 min 16 s a mile. It's not fast but compared to my physical condition one year ago it's not bad .

Cheers for the marathon if you get there it will be an impressive achievement!
Yes, knees can be a problem, I used to get stiff knees, but have been taking Glucosamine for a couple of months, and that really seems to help.
Just nip picking from the posts and that but this started as a weight lost thing? If it did, well done. I did the same last year. Back in October 2007 i weighed 17.7stone, by Christmas 2007 i was down to 15stone.
By May 2008 i was 13stone. Now it's past summer or just over... I'm 12.2stone (as of now) I do like my jogging tho and weight training which i've started
Quote from orange_boy_uk :Just nip picking from the posts and that but this started as a weight lost thing?

Pretty much, yeah, I have had a life long battle with weight, at my "peak", I was pushing 24 stone, have now lost close to 10 stone
Registered for the Paris marathon today, so it's too late to back out now

Keep your eyes peeled in April 09 on the TV, I am in the pink group (don't ask), bib number 44227

Would it be sad to wear some sort of LFS shirt?
Good one mate, i mean losing weight was best thing i've done

Congrats on your weight lost. I've lost total now about 6stone, happy now. Just toning up now

The road to 26.2 miles (was 10km training)
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG