The online racing simulator
I am gonna sign up to do a 3 mile run for sport relief in March, should be a good "middle" point to aim for on my road to 10km
Keep it up fellow runner i also participate in 10km runs im doing one gaian this winter

Its called the BAV Wintercup
I curently able to run the 10 in under 56 minutes and that vfor a 16 year old

Curently working on makling more speed my aim is to go under 50 minutes i know sounds crazy
Just a little bump.

Still going strong, putting in nearly 3 miles a run now, working with a HRM to get the most out of each session, looking good for the run in March.

My blog is updated with a few posts here > http://vdfitness.21publish.com/danowat
Keep at it..I remember once, just to pass a "test" I had to run 8km (5 miles)....

In UNDER an hour....

In FULL BATTLE KIT WITH A 22kg BACKPACK, HELMET AND RIFLE!!!!

In F**king JULY!!!

You got it easy!

PS..You running 10k? ...train for 13/14, then on the day 10 will be easy.
Yes mate, I am under no illusion that what I am doing isn't as good/bad as something like that sort of training, but ya gotta start somewhere
Quote from Bladerunner :Keep at it..I remember once, just to pass a "test" I had to run 8km (5 miles)....

In UNDER an hour....

In FULL BATTLE KIT WITH A 22kg BACKPACK, HELMET AND RIFLE!!!!

In F**king JULY!!!

Pfffft... Nothing like having to do it with two backpacks and your gf's other random luggage to catch a boat. Quite the stereotype. Even had one of those ****ing annoying bags with wheels on them that I ended up holding in my arms and sprinting. Now add to that a nagging, pessimistic female that could put a drill sergeant to shame without even a single cuss word.

And to get back on topic: keep it up Dan!
Quote from danowat :Yes mate, I am under no illusion that what I am doing isn't as good/bad as something like that sort of training, but ya gotta start somewhere

True
And good luck with the training / preparation.

Also, I started to train seriously a month ago, 5 times each week, and I usually runs 30-40 mins 4-5 times a week. The hardest thing I have done on the "mill" is 5.5km/h on 30 mins. Jesus, I belived I should die lol, even it`s not a thing to brag about I like to think that I`m one o.k canonball lol. 94kg and running that distance seriously hurts my legs and the knees, but as long as I keep improve, I don`t mind the pain

Edit jesus christ, 10km on less that one hour oO
Allright, I`ll test it if I can beat that, but my legs tells something different
And btw, the aim for training is to lose weight before the summer lol, aiming for 70-75kg, it`s a looong way to go, but it motivates me to know that if you train and eats ok food, you will reach that number sooner or later, you just need disciplin.
So off I go to the gym, aiming for that 10km/h
Quote from The Very End :True
And good luck with the training / preparation.

Also, I started to train seriously a month ago, 5 times each week, and I usually runs 30-40 mins 4-5 times a week. The hardest thing I have done on the "mill" is 5.5km/h on 30 mins. Jesus, I belived I should die lol, even it`s not a thing to brag about I like to think that I`m one o.k canonball lol. 94kg and running that distance seriously hurts my legs and the knees, but as long as I keep improve, I don`t mind the pain

Realy i trained alot to i now run 2 times a week sunday end wensday only free time i realy have

I can do 10 Km in 56 minutes
Quote from The Very End :Edit jesus christ, 10km on less that one hour

A good walking pace is 4-5km/h depending on terrain - you'd surely run double that speed and add some no?
#35 - Nobo
Nice bump Dan, was visiting your site some days and was wondering why there are no updates. Thought you'd given up, but to see you still going on is a good sign.
Dont let yourself blend by some people, dont do to much in to short time!
keep on running!
Nope, not given up just yet , I have a goal, and I intend to reach that goal
Nice to see you keeping it up, Dan. So far my new years resolution has extended to buying half size bags of sweets at the cinema... and then ending up with the gf's bag too when she can't eat hers. I've excercised twice. I think I've gotten fatter. So, a slow start.
Quote from The Very End :
jesus christ, 10km on less that one hour oO

Just don't forget the 22kg backpack, combat clothing, helmet, boots and rifle....and make sure the temperature doesn't fall below 32 deg C.

(admittedly, we trained VERY hard for this for four months...but prior to that I had done ZERO exercise for years!)
Quote from xaotik :A good walking pace is 4-5km/h depending on terrain - you'd surely run double that speed and add some no?

I`m not sure, I don`t run much out. When running on the mill it`s really fast running 10 km/h. Don`t know if it`s accurate tho, but for me I would probally need 1 hour and 10 mins +- to manage 10km.

Quote from Bladerunner :Just don't forget the 22kg backpack, combat clothing, helmet, boots and rifle....and make sure the temperature doesn't fall below 32 deg C.

(admittedly, we trained VERY hard for this for four months...but prior to that I had done ZERO exercise for years!)

I`ll bet your only like 75kg or something, so therfor it`s just fair that you get those 20kg extra Think of me, 94kg :O
Quote from danowat :Nope, not given up just yet , I have a goal, and I intend to reach that goal

belive me with hat spirit you wil
Quote from The Very End :
I`ll bet your only like 75kg or something, so therfor it`s just fair that you get those 20kg extra Think of me, 94kg :O

When I did it, I was just on 63 kg...so as a percentage of my bodyweight, it added over 30% EXTRA weight to carry....(not fair!)
Equivalent for you would be a pack weighing 31 Kg...not 22!! (and that isn't counting the extra weight for the boots/rifle/etc)

PS..I was 63 at the start...by the finish I was more like 53!! (my legs had disintegrated!)
Quote from Bladerunner :When I did it, I was just on 63 kg...so as a percentage of my bodyweight, it added over 30% EXTRA weight to carry....(not fair!)
Equivalent for you would be a pack weighing 31 Kg...not 22!! (and that isn't counting the extra weight for the boots/rifle/etc)

PS..I was 63 at the start...by the finish I was more like 53!! (my legs had disintegrated!)

Think of my poor legs then, lol they have to survive the fatty above running on them
I`ll bet your legs only was gaining positive effect of that extra weight.
Quote from Bladerunner :When I did it, I was just on 63 kg...so as a percentage of my bodyweight, it added over 30% EXTRA weight to carry....(not fair!)

When I had gone through similar crap in the military here because of being put in some ridiculous 'immediate action platoon' and going out on consecutive maneuvers every month or two I was eating about 2.5x the amount I'd normally pack and still it was lacking, we had arranged with the cook for extra rations otherwise we'd melt away - no matter how much I yelled that "we're infantry, people! infantry! supposed to be lazy idiots! not some special forces unit" they wouldn't listen - "run to the hills!" they'd say as if it was some stupid Iron Maiden song.
Quote from xaotik :When I had gone through similar crap in the military here because of being put in some ridiculous 'immediate action platoon' and going out on consecutive maneuvers every month or two I was eating about 2.5x the amount I'd normally pack and still it was lacking, we had arranged with the cook for extra rations otherwise we'd melt away - no matter how much I yelled that "we're infantry, people! infantry! supposed to be lazy idiots! not some special forces unit" they wouldn't listen - "run to the hills!" they'd say as if it was some stupid Iron Maiden song.

hehe...we woz teh PARAS!! We had EVERYTHING laid on a plate for us, cos we woz teh L337! Airborne FTW!
(/me sits back and gives in to the urge to play "Ride of the Valkyries".....AGAIN!)
Quote from Bladerunner :woz teh L337! Airborne FTW!

If I ever saw my father (you're about his age incidentally - minus three years) type that up I'd be in shock for a week and chuckle for one more. But that's probably been said before.
Quote from xaotik :If I ever saw my father (you're about his age incidentally - minus three years) type that up I'd be in shock for a week and chuckle for one more. But that's probably been said before.

Just putting my feelings into 'words' that will be easily understood by just about everybody that reads these pages....with no risk of mis-interpretation.

(Translation for the wrinklies: The Parachute Regiment are the Greatest... Airborne troops rule!)
I started to run at the end of september and this sunday I did 59 min 24 s for 11.6 km.

At the beginning I couldn't run for more than 5 min and felt like I was dying

I'm still very slow with my small legs

actually during the first weeks my progress was very slow (like 500 m more per week), but after the 5th km i jump to 7km and 2 weeks after that I got pretty close to 10km!
Broke the 5km barrier tonight, wasn't easy, but I never expected it to be

Onwards and upwards
Quote from Bladerunner :(Translation for the wrinklies: The Parachute Regiment are the Greatest... Airborne troops rule!)

Rule over whom?

/wrinkly
Quote from danowat :Broke the 5km barrier tonight, wasn't easy, but I never expected it to be

Onwards and upwards

Congratulation

The road to 26.2 miles (was 10km training)
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG