The online racing simulator
Holy shit! I need one of those. Would boost my motivation for running. I love technology today.

Edit : Then I saw price and wanted to cry
Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but a bloody nice piece of kit IMO, and a great motivational tool, love uploading my runs to my PC and comparing pace, HR, elevation etc etc
Quote from danowat :Yeah, it's a bit pricey, but a bloody nice piece of kit IMO, and a great motivational tool, love uploading my runs to my PC and comparing pace, HR, elevation etc etc

Yeah, I sure as hell need one of those when me economy allows me
How detailed is the statestics you get on your computer? Is it reallt THAT good, I mean is it like graphs or something that shows you for example how much increase of stimania you have produced in the training, the reduction of overall time on each km?
I am a statistic and analysing freak as well, unfortunately i cant afford such a thing at the moment

When i got an altimeter for my bicycle 8 years ago, that really motivated me in cycle training

Here a picture of my best run this year. Einbecker-Beer-Run (5,1 k) which i finished 14th out of ~250

My main goal for this year is the historic city run (5,25k) of my city which i want to finish Top30 and well below 20 mins. ...and next year beat my PB again at the Berlin Marathon ..anyone has a good setup?
Quote from The Very End :Yeah, I sure as hell need one of those when me economy allows me
How detailed is the statestics you get on your computer? Is it reallt THAT good, I mean is it like graphs or something that shows you for example how much increase of stimania you have produced in the training, the reduction of overall time on each km?

I use this software to view my GPS data, it's got stats outta the wazzoo mate, graphs, averages, you can plot HR against elevations, pace etc, and you can get loadsa plugins to show performance preditctions, high scores, overlays.

Basically, think of a stat or graph, and you can get it , it REALLY is THAT good

Quote from Nobo :
Here a picture of my best run this year. Einbecker-Beer-Run (5,1 k) which i finished 14th out of ~250

Looking good fella
Damn you Dano, you have persuaded me to buy one now!
My wallet is commiting suicide..
just over a week to go now till my 2nd 10k!!!!, not as nervous as before my first 10k, but still a bit nervous about it, this is the running route for the race, looks quite interesting, doesn't look too hilly, so I should improve my time.

I am planning to set my forerunners "virtual partner" (pacer) to 1:06 mins, a 2 min reduction in my PB, and aim for this.

Also, have signed up for a half marathon in November, only trouble is, I will have to train for it while I am in Australia!!, hopefully it won't be too hot
So how is the preparation going for your run? Are you confident to beat the goal you set yourself?

Last weekend i came close to my biggest success in running almost winning a 5 km city run in a town a nearby (finished 2nd). That result also meant i took the lead in my age class (20-30) in a running cup, where you get points for every run, organized by a local running store, here in south lower saxony, which consists of 19 runs, already missed 4 though ...but everyone else did, too. I also brought my PB down to 18:11, i think i can bring it down to 17:30-18:00 in the next weeks.
2 weeks to go to the big historical city run of my town, my big big highlight. Now i am very motivated and confident that i can get a good finish, maybe Top 20 (out of ~1200) which would be a great success for me.

Well...i think i need a blog
Quote from Nobo :So how is the preparation going for your run? Are you confident to beat the goal you set yourself?

TBH? no, I drove the course last weekend, and it's tough, there are hills, and it's very open, and the wind whips through there even when it's not windy, think I'll just be happy with getting round.

Training is going ok, but I am getting more nervous and anxoius about the race as every minute passes!!!.

And, as something that seemed like a good idea at the time, I have signed up to run a 5 mile cross country run........
I am atually REALLY stewing about pacing, because last time I started out too slowly, but I am VERY mindfull of going out too fast, below is a screenshot of my last 7.5 mile run, and my mile splits, does a 10:30 pace for the 10K race look good from that?, seems about an average of my lap splits........

Brilliant race, REALLY enjoyed every minute of it, stuck to my pacing, didnt worry about those people passing me, soon caught up with them when they all slowed down!!!.

Busted my pb by 5mins!!!, did it in 63mins, really happy about the result

Race info from my garmin

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/266354
Yeah man! Big congratulations from me!! 5 minutes is a word

Really nice pacing, you got faster and faster towards the end!
You have burned a little more then 1000 calories, so you can eat a big fat pizza tonight
Congratulations!

Vain
Thanks guys, well happy with the time, but even more happy with the amount of enjoyment I got from the race, enjoyed every second of it.

I am a picky, I reckon I could have gone a bit faster, but theres always next time!!!
Who Da Man!!!
Thanks mate, sub-60mins is starting to look like a reality!
2 1/2 - 3 Month training is coming to an end for me on wednesday! Finally there is the event i have been training for. the last 1 1/2 week of preparation havent been very good. 8 days ago i did a very small cross-run here, which i won, but unfortunately i got a distension in my right thighs and if that wouldnt be bad enough... i have been in bed with a flu for the last couple of days...the good thing is its getting better since yesterday. So i am positive to be able to start wednesday. I dont think i can reach the goal i first had with finishing top20. Now my goal is finishing top30.
I will do a last easy tempo training this evening and then hope that everything goes well on wednesday evening. Its always a quite good atmosphere at that city-run, the 5k run is doing 3 laps in the city. They actually count with more then 3000 active runners this year. So i think there will be a couple of spectators more this year.
Attached images
altstadtlauf_20070718_195757.jpg
Good luck for the race mate, sorry to hear you haven't been well
To try and get your time down, do some training with weighted footwear (TracPac patrol boots for example are nice, they weigh around 1.5kg but are like wearing trainers) and a weighted back pack (I use 7KG as it is all I have floating around). I've starting training for the Army and already my 1.5mile (2.4k) time is down to 11 minutes (14 minutes minimum, my goal is 9).

It is hard work at first, but it strengthens up your legs rather quickly so running in trainers is like running barefoot.
Yeah! Its done
Big run tonight with huge croud on and off the track. They had to split the 5,4 km run in a business-cup and a solo-racer-cup. I managed to get a 19:16 for 5,4 km, thats a 17:50 time for 5 km (new pb). In the end it was place 19 in my run and place 26 out of 1600 finishers. The result is ok, at least the first woman was behind me ...there was also a lot of traffic on track, i started to get stuck while lapping at the end of my 2nd lap (out of 3 laps)...and the bratwurst after the run tasted soooo good
Now will have a week running break and then see what the next goals are
Wow, I can only aspire to ever be as quick as you!!!, well done on the race .

Did some speedwork yesterday, and managed to maintain 9.00 min/miles which I was happy about
Quick bump........

Had my first ever x-country run tonight, 5 mile (ish) off road run in Thetford (well Brandon to be truthfull), managed to complete it in 50mins dead, which I was happy about

Garmin race stats
Your in good shape now Dano, and time is proving this aswell.
Good work and good luck further with your running, it got to be fun seeing these big improvements?
These updates make me feel lazy and slow. Damn you, you dirty ape.

Well done on the time too.

The road to 26.2 miles (was 10km training)
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG