The online racing simulator
LFS nothing new for long time!
About 3 months without no new updates and features. I really don't want to say that but: Live For Speed is dying a slow death?
Any explains?
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2.5 months?? Outrageous!

To answer your question, no, LFS is not dying. In LFS terms, two and a half months of no updates is a really laughable time. Don't worry. Be happy.
How fast do you want 3 people to work?

There's been subtle hints of things coming out for christmas everywhere - just sit tight, LFS isn't dying.
what? Where does it say something may be coming around Christmas?
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
#5 - axus
It's good that there haven't been updates for a while as far as I'm concerned. Firstly, this is the first major physics incompatible patch since the beginning of last year. Physics takes time and it should be done properly. And not only that, the AI are getting updated in this patch so it really is a biggie. The longer this patch takes, the more updates it will have where it matters. I for one am hoping for a Christmas release, which would be really awesome. Furthermore, in recent weeks, I've often seen the online users hit more than 1400, so LFS is far from dead. And personally, I'm meant to be studying for my final secondary education exams right now so it's better that LFS isn't here to distract me. Relax, if you're bored of LFS, take a break. The next patch promises to be quite awesome, I think.
actually no new stuff like new cars made me buy PS2 and play GT4 with my friends on evenings (DONT KILL ME, PLEASE, I BRUISE EASILY)
Physics is crap, but the graphics are nice, and car + track choice is nice...
#8 - Don
what is lfs?
Actually i am scared about: Are devs working on LFS right now?
Quote from axus :It's good that there haven't been updates for a while as far as I'm concerned. Firstly, this is the first major physics incompatible patch since the beginning of last year. Physics takes time and it should be done properly. And not only that, the AI are getting updated in this patch so it really is a biggie. The longer this patch takes, the more updates it will have where it matters. I for one am hoping for a Christmas release, which would be really awesome. Furthermore, in recent weeks, I've often seen the online users hit more than 1400, so LFS is far from dead. ... Relax, if you're bored of LFS, take a break. The next patch promises to be quite awesome, I think.

Quote from axus :It's good that there haven't been updates for a while as far as I'm concerned. Firstly, this is the first major physics incompatible patch since the beginning of last year. Physics takes time and it should be done properly. And not only that, the AI are getting updated in this patch so it really is a biggie. The longer this patch takes, the more updates it will have where it matters.

If LFS had got more updates recently you would say that it is a good thing that LFS has a constant flow of updates. Now you say that the long preiod is good because it "promises more". I'm sorry, but that is just fanboyism, finding any reasons to make LFS look better.

The last physics update took a year and didn't really have much stuff in it, except the tire physics update that made the road cars fun to drive. In the world of LFS time does not equal quantity. I hate to be the negative guy again but better ai means less people online and more offline racing with the same content.

Quote from axus :I for one am hoping for a Christmas release, which would be really awesome. Furthermore, in recent weeks, I've often seen the online users hit more than 1400, so LFS is far from dead. And personally, I'm meant to be studying for my final secondary education exams right now so it's better that LFS isn't here to distract me. Relax, if you're bored of LFS, take a break. The next patch promises to be quite awesome, I think.

Well, first of all, setting a release date to christmas is the worst kind of release date if you want to spend christmas with your family. It will also decrease the quality of the patch (the sound "update", anyone?) for obvious reasons - you want it finished and released on time. And unlike you I'd have lots of time to spend racing LFS...
Quote from Hyperactive :If LFS had got more updates recently you would say that it is a good thing that LFS has a constant flow of updates. Now you say that the long preiod is good because it "promises more". I'm sorry, but that is just fanboyism, finding any reasons to make LFS look better.

The last physics update took a year and didn't really have much stuff in it, except the tire physics update that made the road cars fun to drive. In the world of LFS time does not equal quantity. I hate to be the negative guy again but better ai means less people online and more offline racing with the same content.

Well, first of all, setting a release date to christmas is the worst kind of release date if you want to spend christmas with your family. It will also decrease the quality of the patch (the sound "update", anyone?) for obvious reasons - you want it finished and released on time. And unlike you I'd have lots of time to spend racing LFS...

Right you are.

You still suck on track though.
We can still race AI's online and bet who will be the winner
Quote from Rooble :Right you are.

You still suck on track though.

Chewbacca bad, bad!
+1 Flamebait
what do u want though? some half baked cars, and tracks.... and apparently karts???

I would agree the tracks are a bit thin on the ground... BUT... it does mean you spend time perfecting them... download the data software and it opens a whole new world to LFS.
Quote from Intrepid :what do u want though? some half baked cars, and tracks.... and apparently karts???

As if two years isn't enough time to make one decent new track?
I don't really care about better AI, i only race online. I hope the devs don't spend too much of their time on that IMO
#19 - axus
Quote from Hyperactive :If LFS had got more updates recently you would say that it is a good thing that LFS has a constant flow of updates. Now you say that the long preiod is good because it "promises more". I'm sorry, but that is just fanboyism, finding any reasons to make LFS look better.

I have high hopes resting on the next patch. LFS is really close to moving sims forward from 1999. If the physics updates are a rush-job, I'll be very disappointed.

Quote :The last physics update took a year and didn't really have much stuff in it, except the tire physics update that made the road cars fun to drive. In the world of LFS time does not equal quantity. I hate to be the negative guy again but better ai means less people online and more offline racing with the same content.

The last physics update took 4 months (January -> April). It made a HUGE difference in tyre physics. There's another such leap to be made on the longitudinal forces side and then LFS will have some top notch tyre physics. That's all I'd like to see. It's about time someone got the tyres right.

As for the AI, I don't think anyone who has the option of either going online or racing against AI will choose the AI. AI will be handy if you'd like to race at such a time of the day that there'd be no-one online or you don't have a great connection or you'd like to do some offline league practice. It's what I'd use it for and I don't think many people will stop racing online because of good AI. On the other hand, if the next patch is good on the physics side, I suspect we'll often get closer to 2000 people online.

Quote :Well, first of all, setting a release date to christmas is the worst kind of release date if you want to spend christmas with your family. It will also decrease the quality of the patch (the sound "update", anyone?) for obvious reasons - you want it finished and released on time. And unlike you I'd have lots of time to spend racing LFS...

A Chrismas patch made well in advance and polished for Christmas will be just fine. I don't think Scawen will make that mistake again.
Quote from PioneerLv :I am a bit scared about LFS progress.
About 2,5 months without no new updates and features. LFS devolpment can't be stopped!

I really don't want to say thet but: Live For Speed is dying a slow death?

^
That sentence really scares me!

Any explains?

Two months is nothing for these guys to be honest. I'd be surprised if we see another update before the end of the year. Anyway, the LFS devs do things at their own pace. You get used to it. Just be thankful that the updates are generally worth the wait.
According to all sources devs are developing AI drivers. Looks like that is very hard task to do so it takes time.
I must say that those AI's might be useful if they turn out as they should be

cheers
Heh.. maybe nothing new from developers, but I find new stuff on the forums almost every week.

- new engine sounds
- good setups
- graphic upgrades
- mods
etc.

My 'new' xrt engine gives me the heebiejeebies with its raw roaring
Patch Q and U took each more than 150 days to devellop!
For this one I guess we can expect something around that

It has been already 98 days since the last update!
You can check the LFS Patchs log and you will see that a new patch NEVER has been released in only 2.5 months, so the development is as usual
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Quote from pine-fin :Heh.. maybe nothing new from developers, but I find new stuff on the forums almost every week.

- new engine sounds
- good setups
- graphic upgrades
- mods
etc.

My 'new' xrt engine gives me the heebiejeebies with its raw roaring

Good post! Community contributions are an important part of the LFS experience.

Yes, I would like to see updates faster, but at the same time I love the fact that these blokes do things properly.

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG