The online racing simulator
DONT PUSH THE DEVS FOR NEW TRACKS AND CARS.

sry for caps
those threads are really boring....
PLEASE close this mods *yawn*
Who push you to read those threads?
Quote from Hyperactive :The only difference between LFS and rf versions is the price between the steps. S3 prices haven't actually been published yet and rf2 will be probably the same as rf did. And rf2 will replace rf just like LFS S3 will replace S2.

Rf2 will be similar like rf was, S3 will be similar like S2 was, Nascar03 was similar like 02 was. The version number is a moot point anyway. You want the best sim and you will pay the price anyway

I don't think he meant true backwards compatibility, but you can look at it like backwards license compatibility. If you have rFactor when rFactor2 comes out, you won't be able to do anything. Where as if you have an S1 license, you only are limited to the content of S1. You still have all the features of S2. That's not saying that S1/2 to S3 is going to be that way or not though.
Quote from Hyperactive :And this means what exactly? Since when have games been backwards compatible? LFS isn't, rf probably isn't and... netkar was't. Being not backwards compatible can only do good for rf2. With better understanding of the tires the mods can only get better.

The point was that someone was saying that rFactor will not die. It will, and with it so will all the current mods, even the good ones. How well will they convert to rF2 is unknown, but I bet it won't be a copy-paste job.

In LFS, our content is unaffected by patches/versions, since it's all standard.

So whilst both programs will go onto newer versions (be it S2, S3, LFS2, rF2 etc), one will continue where it left off but be better, the other will start from scratch with a (hopefully) improved base.

That's what I meant.
The other point is that rFactor development havent stopped either, it`s just the new development will turn into rFactor 2. It`s the same developers. Ok, you must pay for the new functionality, but the same do u with LFS s1 to s2 and eventually s3.

rFactor have come with patches from version 1.00 to 1.255. And the content from rFactor will most likely be converted to rFactor 2 if not the developers include it.
good update need time...
we trust in lfs and his devs, wait and see!
I dont understand why they are going to update the AI at all.

LFS - ONLINE racing simulator

why dont they just remove the AI completly from LFS.
...problem solved.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :I dont understand why they are going to update the AI at all.

...problem solved.

agreed, then they could start focusing on other things
Something I have been saying for a loooooonnngg time
i think he actually enjoys coding the ai plus there ARE people who need it for whatever reason. it's definitely something that has to be there imo.
Hey, I have an even better idea:

LFS - online racing SIMULATOR

Lets take out any controller support apart from FF wheels, I mean, it's supposed to be a simulator, right? Oh and also disable all that auto-clutch crap, and not allow paddles on cars that don't have them ingame. Basically, let's remove anyone from the target audience that doesn't have a G25 or better wheel. But actually, these guys still have too much of an advantage, considering that they don't suffer from forces - so let's make a motion simulator a requirement, too.

Removing everything that is slightly out of scope or causes slight problems is not the way to go. Just because YOU don't use the AI doesn't mean nobody else appreciates it.
Quote from AndroidXP :Removing everything that is slightly out of scope or causes slight problems is not the way to go. Just because YOU don't use the AI doesn't mean nobody else appreciates it.

Fair point made, maybe I should have put an IMO in my post
Ok, so some people want AI but surely it's a question of whether the majority of users want AI?

For me, AI is pointless. Like playing BF2 with AI, it would be no fun after playing the real thing....
But AI is something what a complete game should have, be its main focus online play or not. Good AI needs to be in the game.
Sort of a unwriten gaming rule or something
I used to could care less for AI development too. But now I think a halfway smart AI could be a good thing. Actually the AI isn't all that dumb - uh well yeah it is, but Just how smart is the AI projected to be? Is it going to be as smart as possible like a Richard Petty/ Michael Schumacer hybrid? Or like a Weekend Warrior type? I know the AI cars will have to be run on the track to "get smarter", but I'm asking how much smarter will it get.

And I really don't care if it's done or not, but I do think the page should be updated somehow - with something.
#67 - axus
Err, Scawen has been working on AI since July or so. I'm pretty sure he's done with them and working on physics or something else now. So you lot might as well stop bickering.
Quote from southamptonfc :Ok, so some people want AI but surely it's a question of whether the majority of users want AI?

What the majority wants is irrelevant. LFS is not a democracy.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
-
(pom456) DELETED by pom456
Quote from AndroidXP :What the majority wants is irrelevant. LFS is not a democracy.

hehe sometime i race with AI, because i'm not in he same time zone than the majority here and if i ant to ply i want to play NOW, so if there is no interresting server i race with my very well trained AI !!!

to all ai haters
if you don't agree with Dev's decision, why don't you create your own game, and maybe it will be better than LFS hehehehe i don't think that someone here have a word to say about the developpement of any other game ...... why LFS ... ok some suggestion to improve the game are no bad, but negative comment about something that they already plan to do is not usefull !!!!! and could be disturbing for them !!!

Just think " How can i feel if peoples around me are always negative about my work !!!! """ they are not bots !!! they are human like everybody else here.
Quote from tristancliffe :

[ snip ]

In LFS, our content is unaffected by patches/versions, since it's all standard.

[ snip ]

And our survey says [insert stupid sound here].

So the phrase "incompatible patch" doesn't affect the content.. now, I wonder, what would be the meaning of 'incompatible'.

Seriously, LFS isn't some creation of god that has some kind of magical powers or whatever you want to believe it has.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from southamptonfc :Ok, so some people want AI but surely it's a question of whether the majority of users want AI?

For me, AI is pointless. Like playing BF2 with AI, it would be no fun after playing the real thing....

Yeah, cos you = majority, we should ditch AI. Especially, as Scawen has spent so much time on it now.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :I dont understand why they are going to update the AI at all.

...problem solved.

Fine.. just don't you _dare_ give my 10 year old abuse when he takes you out of a race because he didn't judge a distance correctly due to having no previous experience with other cars in the field.

The other side of the coin, even in the current state the AI are in, they still have far more intelligence than many people in the community (just look at the "drifters" for obvious comparison).

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Fine.. just don't you _dare_ give my 10 year old abuse when he takes you out of a race because he didn't judge a distance correctly due to having no previous experience with other cars in the field.

The other side of the coin, even in the current state the AI are in, they still have far more intelligence than many people in the community (just look at the "me" for obvious comparison).

Regards,

Ian

just thought i would correct that for you. why do you have to insult drifters at every opportunity?
Quote from dadge :just thought i would correct that for you. why do you have to insult drifters at every opertunity?

Want a Blue Peter badge now? (even though you corrected nothing).

It's not an insult.. just look around the forum, the proof is already here.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Racer Y :I used to could care less for AI development too. But now I think a halfway smart AI could be a good thing.

Indeed it could, and i dont think its benefiting to just a certain grade or catagory or player, as suggested , if the AI has progressed to a level where it can challange WR times almost and still have the element of "inteligence" to simulate basic character, then OMG
I could even live without the internet, i just hope scawen doesnt make it too good or the best races could end up being offline and OMG the end of LFS ........

Just a possibility, but i am actually looking forward to another aspect that i have rarely used in S2 due to the lack of developement in that area. I can only really see this as a very positive move for LFS, one things for sure it gives* the game alot more scope.

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG