The online racing simulator
What he said should be the end of this topic. He points out all the difference in the different games, and there really isn`t much left to discuss. Great post!
To KartRacer: Amen brother, Amen.

I would just like to add that those who complain that its taking SOOOO LOOONNGG to get updates and "its easy to do most of these things", why dont YOU go out and do it yourself if its so easy.

Also, to those who prophesise the "death of LFS", this has been prophesised now for many years, and as we just recently set a new record for the most people online at once ever, LFS must certainly be dying. Oh dear. What will you do if it died? you will have to go over to Rfactor forums and prophesise the death of that or something.
Great post
Quote from KartRacer :Netkar Pro is a great example of a sim that is and was underhyped and has amazing potential.

Though I find it quite ironic that you call nkPro "underhyped", considering that at least in my opinion the ridiculous amounts of overhyping prior to the initial release were the main reason nkPro became the disaster that it now is.
Quote from Damo74 :To KartRacer: Amen brother, Amen.

I would just like to add that those who complain that its taking SOOOO LOOONNGG to get updates and "its easy to do most of these things", why dont YOU go out and do it yourself if its so easy.

Also, to those who prophesise the "death of LFS", this has been prophesised now for many years, and as we just recently set a new record for the most people online at once ever, LFS must certainly be dying. Oh dear. What will you do if it died? you will have to go over to Rfactor forums and prophesise the death of that or something.

Even if development on LFS were to stop today, it's so good even now that it would continue to live on the same way that GPL and Nascar 2003 have.
Quote from dungbeetle :Even if development on LFS were to stop today, it's so good even now that it would continue to live on the same way that GPL and Nascar 2003 have.

Perhaps, but it's hard to believe that attention would be kept so high without the steady stream of decent mods which has fed those two sims over the years.

A lot of what keeps me interested in LFS is the promise of things to come, just as much as the actual sim I have on my computer at the moment. I believe this is the case for a lot of us.
Quote from Damo74 :I would just like to add that those who complain that its taking SOOOO LOOONNGG to get updates and "its easy to do most of these things", why dont YOU go out and do it yourself if its so easy.

Oh yeah? My dad could beat up your dad! :rolleyes:
Im bored.
First, sorry about my English :-)

I have been playing LFS last 3 years, from Alpha S1 to S2X, from Blanckwood to KYRing, from UF1000 to F1BMW... im in love with LFS, but today im bored.

There is no game like this, but for me 3 years is too much for actual LFS.

The problem is that I dont need more cars, I dont need new Physics, even I dont need DX9 graphics or real cars, just what I need is more circuits. Im boring BL, SO, FE, KY... I have played LFS too much that i can drive with closed eyes in all circuits, for sure! I think LFS needs to push hard and offer more diversity for his gamers, maybe some help for modders.

Im playing now other racing game, great game but not has good has LFS, but diversity makes me feel happy. Pls Scavier, give me diversity in LFS, i need it, cos im bored, thanks.

-----

Edited: Sorry, i have read the other post that talk about boring lfs AFTHER i write my post. This makes me think about im not the only one in this boring situation. Sorry to developers cos is not my intention to degrade the best game and simulator in PC story. I think we can continue this discussion in the others threads, thanks.
I was thinking the same thing, they're very sexy.

Hmm, hopefully I don't have oedipus issues.
Quote from bluejudas :I totally agree with you that the tracks in LFS are not boring, but other maybe think so ??. But I think that not having RL tracks keeps some people away from LFS. We all know that track modding is not coming anytime soon, but as long as its not possible to mod people will complain

They can't be boring. All tracks are completely different. If you drive WR's on every track you can say you're bored, if you don't you don't get everything out of the track. I'm far from bored
Ahhh Army Boots
Now I know what to get my wife for Christmas. Big black army boots to wear to bed!!
Dear Santa,

I have been a very good racer. For Christmas I would like some patience from the forum members.

Regards

z3r0c00l
Quote from Intrepid :what do u want though? some half baked cars, and tracks.... and apparently karts???

Anything but karts, we'd never hear the end from the two of you.
Why don´t the developers open LFS for new tracks created by users? Lately, I played GTR 2 racing on the user created track "Nordschleife" and it was amazing! What´s the point not to permit this? There are new tracks for almost every racing game available. Old discussion, I guess.
Nobody answer that! Make him search!
Quote from Hallen :Well said!
Man, you don't post often, but I may have to go back and read all your posts if they are as good as this.

Spot on +1
if users could make their own tracks, the current system of keeping track of stats would fall apart.
If we could do that, it is not a simulator any more. Rfactor is mod game and look what it is !
Quote from marzman :They can't be boring. All tracks are completely different. If you drive WR's on every track you can say you're bored, if you don't you don't get everything out of the track. I'm far from bored

Your kidding right, I honestly don't know how anyone can presume that they can tell other people whether they can be bored or not. This is not just directed at you but everyone who's mentioned such nonsense in this thread.
Personally I agree with those saying that there is a lot of variety in the LFS tracks and their various layouts but after more than two years and what, 4 or 5 now with the S1 tracks I'd like something new. If people have a problem with me stating that then it really is their hangup and has little to do with me.
Quote from sinbad :A lot of what keeps me interested in LFS is the promise of things to come, just as much as the actual sim I have on my computer at the moment. I believe this is the case for a lot of us.

+ a million.

Exactly the way I feel. Fortunately we are patient people so don't mind the wait. If I was a bit younger, I probably would have bored by now and moved on.

In my old age, I appreciate the devotion that the Devs have poured on to this sim. Just as I hate the way mainstream games are rushed out unfinished, for profit.

I might be a wrinkle ridden Yoda-like hermit living in a swamp by the time S3 arrives, but I will still be happy that I waited.
Quote from NikLaw :Why don´t the developers open LFS for new tracks created by users? Lately, I played GTR 2 racing on the user created track "Nordschleife" and it was amazing! What´s the point not to permit this? There are new tracks for almost every racing game available. Old discussion, I guess.

Because it would be rubbish, unrealistic, hamper development, not be what the devs want at the moment, be hard to maintain, shatter the community, ruin the racing. Need I go on.

One day there might be official modding. At which point I'll find another sim, because I don't want to be FORCED to drive 5 minute conversions of GPL tracks, buggy piles of shit, and tracks that are claimed to be realistic, but are in fact only slightly acceptable if you squint a lot.
Quote from tristancliffe :
One day there might be official modding. At which point I'll find another sim, because I don't want to be FORCED to drive 5 minute conversions of GPL tracks, buggy piles of shit, and tracks that are claimed to be realistic, but are in fact only slightly acceptable if you squint a lot.

five minute conversions...buggy piles of shit...ok' forget about fans designing tracks, converting them from other data to suit LFS, won't happen...and I know this was discussed to death in that other thread but I was lead to believe the only reason we don't have such (non slap up conversions/piles of squinty shit. Topographic data allready exists for ALL real tracks iirc) content is problems of copyright costs...

Personally I feel when the time comes for the man to begin work on tracks(not that he needs too) the communit should be called apon to help out with even the smallest parts of the project, textures for example. It would make everyone feel more involved etc.etc.

Quote from marzman :They can't be boring. All tracks are completely different. If you drive WR's on every track you can say you're bored, if you don't you don't get everything out of the track. I'm far from bored

These are two completely different things. I'm not even close to doing a WR on AS National in any car, but I don't ever ever race it unless it's in a league event, which then I just have to. It's THAT boring

On a sidenote - funny, how Aston got me bored a lot faster than South City, which we've had for a lot longer and which I could still drive every day. Says something about track attractiveness

LFS nothing new for long time!
(419 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG