The online racing simulator
Crysis
(219 posts, started )
ummm well i TRIED to play it "tried" being the key word lol...

Everything was on low and i still couldnt play it without bad lag....

I think i need to upgrade my laptop or get a desktop Pc
Quote from spankmeyer :I have to agree. After the first 5 mins inside the alien ship, Crysis just turns into shit and does not recover.

It's like Far Cry all over again!

Quote from spankmeyer : And did someone else start to have dead ends as scripts didn't trigger in some scenes near the end?

It's like Far Cry all over again!
Quote from spankmeyer :And did someone else start to have dead ends as scripts didn't trigger in some scenes near the end?

no but i read about it so i was prepaired and did a lot of quicksaves ... usually right before a freeze beam hit me

Quote from thisnameistaken :It's like Far Cry all over again!

almost except this time the aliens are less ugly and i suppose the freaky bits are enjoable if youre on meth
on the net there was some info about crysis 2.they said its gonna have improved graphics engine,upgraded textures,better 3d animations,and photorealistic videos.I have no source,was reading on gamestar.
(we know crysis is a trylogy,thats why the end was all mixed up)
Quote from e2mustang :did u know crysis is a trilogy? so it will have 3 episodes.Lets hope they do it

So is it Far Cry -> Crysis -> Sister !@$!%@^% ???
well its almost the same,but it has different stories,there is a far cry2 coming next year i think,thats in the african desert i guess,crysis is in jungles only,and ye it will have 3 episodes.at least lets hope!
Quote from yoyoML :So is it Far Cry -> Crysis -> Sister !@$!%@^% ???

nope, ts:
Far Cry -> Crysis -> Crying Shame they cant get it right.
i have crysis demo,
i must say i'm suprised,
graphics like call of duty 4, nice,
car handle is unrealistic,its nice to play, does remember me of far cry tho
Quote from yoyoML :So is it Far Cry -> Crysis -> Sister !@$!%@^% ???

I'm under impression it's like:

Far Cry -> Far Cry 2

Crysis Part 1 -> Crysis Part 2 -> Crysis Part 3
Quote from JTbo :I still prefer Operation Flashpoint if I need to shoot something...

Yeah, same here.
Quote from AK-Chester :Yeah, same here.

Like I mentioned before, Armed Assault Evolution multiplayer coop is where it's at.
Quote from spankmeyer :Like I mentioned before, Armed Assault Evolution multiplayer coop is where it's at.

Like I mentioned before, I still prefer Operation Flashpoint.

Multiplayer coop, indeed.
Wow! If that was done without an Ageia physics card (?), then there's absolutely no way anybody will ever be able to justify having one of those things. Ever. Again.

Great sandbox demo
That's amazing

On a side note, does anyone know what the music is on that video?
Well that makes more sense. I'd be very surprised if that was actually done in realtime.

I wonder how many AI's the average modern system could handle on screen at any one time? My guess, billions....
Give it a few years. Once they get DX10 sorted out properly and cards get proper unified drivers and architecture, they'll be able to do physics calgulations in the GPU itself, one thing that's stopped dedicated physics cards really taking off.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Give it a few years. Once they get DX10 sorted out properly and cards get proper unified drivers and architecture, they'll be able to do physics calgulations in the GPU itself, one thing that's stopped dedicated physics cards really taking off.

You don't need DX10 etc to do calculations on the GPU - I've done a small amount of work simulating fluid dynamics on the GPU (in C++), and you don't need anything massively quick to produce so pretty impressive results.
BUMP-O-RAMA

*Finally* got round to playing this properly - I'd only played the demo up until now.

Fantastic game, I loved every minute of it, even the zero-g bit and flying the VTOL, bits that people said they hated. I was expecting it to carry on and for us to go off back to the island to finish things after the fight on the carrier, but I suppose that's what Warhead is for.
I play Warhead

Warhead is on higher fps too, tested thingy (check youtube if dont belive). Warhead has nice story, the beginning is very nice!
Quote from brt900 :ultimate W0W anyone know of a release date

its a game engine not a game.

Crysis
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG