The online racing simulator
Crysis
(219 posts, started )
Crysis
Hmm I wonder why Crysis thread haven't been made yet

Anyways there is a MP beta for fileplanet subscribers, which has one level and it is in DX9.
You can't destroy trees and mess with general physics in this MP BETA.

Before Crysis DEMO had to be released 25th September, but it got delayed, because developers wanted to bring maximum demo enjoyment. Now they release demo October 26th and full is coming November 16. This gives them one month from now on to optimize more this game, so enjoyment would be best, because this beta is cleary unoptimized. In one other forum there were guys with 8800GTS SLI, GTX and difference between low, medium was minimal.

So now we have to wait one month to download Crysis DEMO.

Demo comes with full physics (tree destruction, building destruction etc.) and DX10 too.
#2 - Jakg
I think i'll contain my enthusiasm.

Screenshots i've seen so far make it look like BF2.
Well Crysis in DX10 definately looks amazing, finally when in jungle, plants and trees make you actually feel like you ARE in jungle, just amazing, leaves are really leaves not some fake green paper lol.
#4 - Jakg
This is from the videos and screenshots you've seen

I'm going on the screenshots from 3rd Parties, admitly from an "incomplete" Beta, but it's the best i rely on.
Oh yes, as I said before, that beta needs optimizing and you can't get very good performance even with GTX. They have disabled ULTRA option is this beta too, but that can manually activated when modifying one file.

That's why I am waiting for demo or full and see how graphics and performance is when compared to beta.
For example indoor in beta there is very good fps (GTS and GTX) but going outside with mostly high settings, average fps is about 26-35 or so.
The thing that I'm thinking is that without the Dx10 features it'll be pretty much the same as most other FPS games out there. And Crysis isn't enough of a reason for me to upgrade from XP to Vista and get a new gfx card while I'm at it. And then probably a new CPU since it'll probably run like crap on my single core 3800+. That's a hell of a cashsink.

If the new demo does actually include all of the destructible stuff (which I'm sure it read we wouldn't get in Dx9) then it might be worth a look. Otherwise I'll pass.
I'm going to reserve judgement on this one for two reasons.

1. I've fallen for hype before and bought a turkey. Any of you here old enough to remember Rise of the Robots?

2. My machine will probably keel over and die when I try to play it. At least this way I don't get TOO disappointed.

However, I've heard good things about the new RTS 'World in Conflict'. May give that a go. Any of you people played it?
I was in the WiC beta.

It's not bad, the fully destructible scenery is great fun to mess around with. There's a good choice of units for each force and the abilities you can earn are pretty good.

The downside is that (at the time anyway) some of the units were totally pointless. Almost all infantry units were useless. They got wiped almost instantly against anything, even when inside buildings. Likewise, the repair unit (I forget the name now) was a waste of resources because it was so slow it ended up far quicker to kill the damaged unit and reinforce.

The beta was restricted to just 2 or 3 maps which could've used being a bit bigger, but overall it wasn't too bad. I found it too frustrating as a pick-up player, but organised clan matches could kick ass.

As RTS goes I still prefer the Dawn of War games. And as a quick pick-up game, maybe even Shattered Galaxy

But this is a thread about Crysis, so let's get back on topic. Errr, Crysis... Nice suits, but a little tight around the upper thighs.
There we go.
I think the people who are excusing the current beta as "un-optimised" are perhaps a little over-optimistic about what can be done to improve the situation in a month's time.

And even if they do improve the performance for most people, it looks like Far Cry to me and I've already played that game. The first half was good.
Graphics 10, game 0. Just my bet (without playing the beta).
Quote : 1. I've fallen for hype before and bought a turkey. Any of you here old enough to remember Rise of the Robots?

Oh man, now thats a blast from the past! I had that for my Amiga 600HD (HD on account of it having a whopping 20mb hard drive )
In fact, i think i still have it, i have a box with all of my Amiga stuff in the loft
Quote from GFresh :Oh man, now thats a blast from the past! I had that for my Amiga 600HD (HD on account of it having a whopping 20mb hard drive )
In fact, i think i still have it, i have a box with all of my Amiga stuff in the loft

Me too! I splashed out and bought the limited edition.

It was supposed to have the soundtrack by Brian May with it. However he dropped out, leaving just a few bars of guitar in the game intro and no soundtrack for the rest of the game.

Hilarious in retrospect, not so much at the time..

I still have my Amiga 500. IMHO Super Skidmarks is still one of the best MP games of all time, and its still amazingly reliable for music production.
Quote :Rise of the Robots?

Damnit, I didn't even play the game as a kid but the box art gave me nightmares of huge robots coming into my room!
Far Cry was a brilliant game, and I have no reason to believe this won't be at least as good.

Fair enough, reserve judgement until you've seen more, but there are an awful lot of people on pretty much every forum I've ever been on who say 'It looks good, so that automatically means its a terrible game.'

Plus, you get to punch jeeps, and that must count for something..
Quote : Plus, you get to punch jeeps, and that must count for something..

Hell, if you can punch Jeeps, i'm there
FarCry was great for the first bit. But then the silly alien creatures things started leaping about, and all sense of believability went out of the window.

Normally, I wouldn't mind alien things in games. but FarCry started off with normal people, and great settings. But the aliens just seemed to be there because they ran out of ideas on how to make the game last - "I know, lets add jumping aliens in dark corridors, then we can all go home early".

I hope Crysis isn't like that. But the videos, whilst they look impressive, ESPECIALLY in the jungle, suggest they've done a similar thing with the big roboty things. I have a funny feeling that the robot bits will be dire (albeit with great graphics if you have just spent £3k on a shit hot computer).

It's not going to be enough to tempt me to spend lots of money upgrading my already pretty good PC to run DX10, or install Vista.
Yeah I already have a few DX10 capable games, but I haven't installed Vista yet... I just don't feel inclined to do so. The games can play fine in DX9 though, and I am sure Crysis will too.

Crysis looks good I think, and I'll definitely give it a try. But I really would like to know how the campaign storyline will unfold... otherwise it just might lack in that area, especially for a jungle warfare game (not much you can do other than be sneaky, but I like teH sneAky!!!!).

Videos of developer interviews say that the multiplayer will be very robust, I sure hope so...
Will defintely try crysis.

i'm loving bioshock now though.

There are a few other DX10 games, world in conflict (mentioned), hellgate: london, crysis (mentioned), i think there is one more that was emailed to me from nvidia today.

but no way am I upgrading to vista until it is actually required and is worth it.
Quote from tristancliffe :FarCry was great for the first bit. But then the silly alien creatures things started leaping about, and all sense of believability went out of the window.

It was originally planned to be dinosaurs, but Dreamworks made a 'dinosaurs in a (fairly) free-roaming environment' game called Trespasser a few years ago (using the Jurassic Park licence), and called copyright on Crytek fairly early on.

It would have been so much cooler a game with dinosaurs.
Anyone who hasn't done so, play FarCry .. in 'realistic' difficulty level..

It still sucks once you get to the monsters, but until then you'll have plenty of scary hours
I am in the crysis mutiplayer beta and it is a very good game for what a beta is and there is not many bugs from what i have seen so far but i have only seen 1 person wall glitch.

This game brings the fastest system around to it's knees when you enable very high setting.
Quote from rc10racer :I am in the crysis mutiplayer beta and it is a very good game for what a beta is and there is not many bugs from what i have seen so far but i have only seen 1 person wall glitch.

This game brings the fastest system around to it's knees when you enable very high setting.

Hey mate,
whats your rig and what sort of framerates are you getting on the highest settings (if you have tried them)?
#23 - Jakg
Your PC will max it, or at least will run the full game on "High", but probably not Maximum.
Low>Medium>High>Ultra
Quote from Mr_Rotary :Hey mate,
whats your rig and what sort of framerates are you getting on the highest settings (if you have tried them)?

Well on my rig i get about 20-30fps on high setting but there's not much difference in high-low setting in my opinon.

Here a little spoiler for you all (watch in full screen mode)

http://www.speedyshare.com/630206242.html

Crysis
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG