The online racing simulator
Crysis
(219 posts, started )
the demo should come today,ill check out when i get home
In 16 hours time.

16:55:30.127 at the time of copy-pasting (very quickly).
#53 - Jakg
Demo came out today for those who pre-ordered, but it's not working well on nVidia cards (you need the latest drivers for any performance, and then it doesn't work on 64-bit or SLi :X)

Tommorow should be the day us "normals" get it, although from the farcical way the Demo and Beta's have been released, i'd wait a few days.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I said this in the UT3 thread and I'll say it again.

Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm now waiting for all the posts saying 'the graphics are great so I'm never, ever going to play it because that automatically means its a terrible game'.

Thing is...

Game studio has a budget consisting of both intellectual and financial resources. If 90% of the budget goes into making graphics that leaves 10% to actual game design.

EDIT: I did enjoy Far Cry.
Quote from spankmeyer :Thing is...

Game studio has a budget consisting of both intellectual and financial resources. If 90% of the budget goes into making graphics that leaves 10% to actual game design.

EDIT: I did enjoy Far Cry.

That depends entirely on how talented and dedicated the team is. If the budget is 50/50 and you have incredibly gifted artists, or 90/10 as you say and you have incredibly gifted gameplay designers then you still get an incredibly beautifully realised game, but also a very fun one.

People seem to think and assume they are mutually exclusive, but they aren't in the slightest.
They aren't in principal. But generally the nicer the graphics the weaker the game/storyline.
#59 - troy
http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

try that link, found it on a different forum

edit: dang started with 400kb/s now down on 40
edit2: okok im stupid, its the same link just be sure to copy paste it in a new window and it will work
otherwise just google for "Crysis_SP_Demo.exe" and you will find tons of results

another mirror: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11333/Crysis+SP+Demo
the ai are as retarded as far cry
i can asure you its real
demo complete! runs smooth as silk on medium and a bit stuttery on high 8800GTS 320mb, athlon 64 X2 4200+
does anybody know how to resolve the problem when i cant see nothing on my screen? I mean its real wierd,u can see thru everything,the whole thing is black.The game runs smooth tho(as much i can see).I installed the new driver before installed the demo.
I had this same problem few months back with Splinter Cell double agent.
my rig is: pentium d 3.4 ghz dual core,2 gb ram ddr2 667mhz,nvidia 7950 gt ko superclocked(factory) 512 mb gddr3 running at 1650 mhz
I would say its software problem,but i dont know
please help,thanks
#65 - J.B.
Holy stuttering Batman! I guess 1 GB RAM + 256 MB GPU isn't enough to even play this game?
installed the latest beta drivers from nvidia and i could run the game smooth on high ^^
Guess I'll skip it until a proper upgrade. I won't delude myself into thinking I'll get any kind of decent performance with this. Game looks nice though, and properly next gen.
Downloading ..........
Played it today, very pretty. I had fun shooting crabs under the water and watching them float to the surface. But on a serious note, I always play games on the hardest level, and these buggers are hard to kill. I was point blank range with a semi-auto and it took 2 or 3 direct shots to the head to kill him, they must all be wearing body armour because the suckers won't stay down. Maybe it's the demo but also had some graphic glitiches while playing, and what's with the 2 dudes in the single toilet that jumped out at me, I was scared I was gunna be bitch slapped. So I empited a mag into them to keep them at bay. It was a lot of fun but I think my money will go to COD 4.
Downloading. Do you think it will run fine with Opteron 180 @ 3.0ghz, 2x1024mb Ballistix DDR500 and 7900GTX? :schwitzX9 obviously
#71 - Jakg
Nitro - it played on Medium for me with a 7950GT (a little slower than yours), wasn't a huge RAM hog, and is multi-threaded, so you should be able to get Medium (if not better - i was on Medium...)
Played it on high. Loved it. Will be buying it.
Ditto, but swap 'high' for 'medium' I get a fairly consistent 20-25 FPS on medium which is jerkier than I'd like, but perfectly playable. With everything on 'high' the FPS drops to around 7-8. I also managed at one point to get everything except the background map and bizarrely, people's eyeballs ( ) to go transparent whilst playing with the detail settings.

My kit is an AMD X2 4400+, 2GB Corsair TwinX DDR1 and 512MB X1950XTX.

The gameplay is pretty much identical to Far Cry which is A Good Thing, with the added twist of the suit modes and weapon attachments which should mix things up a fair bit.

It seems to have a few nice scripted moments too like the guy in the tree who *really* made me jump.

I'm definitely getting this, although I may wait until I build my DX10 machine after Christmas.

pb32000, does your 8800 run it in DX10 mode or haven't you swapped to Vista yet? Your rig is pretty much identical to my brother's so I may go round there later today and play it
#74 - Jakg
For those who want to play this on an nVidia card, if it runs badly update to the new 169.01 drivers - the problem is that then it doesn't work on 64-bit.... :X
Just getting over the earache from Mrs B...who came home from shopping and found me with a big sh1t-eating grin on my face...took ages to convince her I had been at the Crysis demo, and not watching pr0n!

Runs smooth on 'high'....and I only got a 8800GTS/320, with the 'older' drivers still. (Having said that..it IS running on a Core 2 Quad with 2Gb RAM )
Love the suit modes...just a shame you exit 'stealth' mode as soon as you shoot somebody!

Crysis
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG