The online racing simulator
Crysis
(219 posts, started )
Quote from Bladerunner :
Love the suit modes...just a shame you exit 'stealth' mode as soon as you shoot somebody!

You can use the keys to switch it back on straight away though, or switch to 'speed', run away, hit 'armour', recharge the suit, hit 'stealth' again.... god I love this game

I just spent about an hour replaying the first big set-peice with the huts on the beach looking down from the hilltop.

Its amazing the number of different ways you can go about the same attack, and I'm also impressed with the non-predicatbility of the bad-guys. And doing the Predator thing where you mow down the trees with the mounted machine gun on the jeep is brilliant.
Its great fun to set yourself challenges too. I was using the stealth to steal the explsove barrels and put them in the hut. Then lure all the bad guys in there, stealth your way out, then shoot the barrels
I seem to have some problems running Crysis. My pc is far from modern with an Athlon 64 3400 3GB ram and Nvidia 6800 but the graphical issues i get are very weird. I have some graphic settings on medium and some i have left on low but when I play i get partially see through textures, the sea level height also varies a lot so when i am standing on the beach suddenly the sea level jumps up and i find myself floating in water and then it goes down again. I am also suffering with a double display glitch, basically the picture you see is shown in another smaller window top left but all the meshes are not textured?

Probably A PC issue but i dont see why i have see through textures and why the sea is fooked.
Quote from Madman_CZ :I seem to have some problems running Crysis. My pc is far from modern with an Athlon 64 3400 3GB ram and Nvidia 6800 but the graphical issues i get are very weird. I have some graphic settings on medium and some i have left on low but when I play i get partially see through textures, the sea level height also varies a lot so when i am standing on the beach suddenly the sea level jumps up and i find myself floating in water and then it goes down again. I am also suffering with a double display glitch, basically the picture you see is shown in another smaller window top left but all the meshes are not textured?

Probably A PC issue but i dont see why i have see through textures and why the sea is fooked.

i have the same problem,couple post before,and i have a pretty good machine(i think) i istalled the new drivers too,idk
#80 - Jakg
It's advised if you get issues (performance and graphical) on an nVidia card, try the new 169.01 drivers.
Quote from Jakg :It's advised if you get issues (performance and graphical) on an nVidia card, try the new 169.01 drivers.

i did,before installing crysis,coz i saw it needs it.I'll put a pic up.
Ok here are a few screenies of what it looks like on my pooter.

The weird spot lights are meant to be people lol.

Notice in pic1 i get no detail in the world, can't even see that dude running ahead of me except his flash light but in that little window on the left i get the detailed environment but no textures. In pic2 notice the sea level which has just covered the beach, pic2 is from the same position as pic4. Pic3 is me getting fired upon by flashlights with bits everywhere.
Attached images
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
I tested it with an ATI X1800XT 512mb (7900GTX arrives next week) and the first 5 minutes of the game runs smoothly at medium/high level of quality. Not bad, but others games shows better quality with higher frames per second, so I think the engine is really bad optimised
#84 - DeKo
Quote from NitroNitrous :I tested it with an ATI X1800XT 512mb (7900GTX arrives next week) and the first 5 minutes of the game runs smoothly at medium/high level of quality. Not bad, but others games shows better quality with higher frames per second, so I think the engine is really bad optimised

extremely off topic, but an x1800XT to a 7900GTX is about the worst upgrade ive seen in a while.

and well, before i waste a few hours of my life downloading what i assume is a huge demo, does it work on vista x64?
Quote from Madman_CZ :Ok here are a few screenies of what it looks like on my pooter.

The weird spot lights are meant to be people lol.

Notice in pic1 i get no detail in the world, can't even see that dude running ahead of me except his flash light but in that little window on the left i get the detailed environment but no textures. In pic2 notice the sea level which has just covered the beach, pic2 is from the same position as pic4. Pic3 is me getting fired upon by flashlights with bits everywhere.

Hey i had the same thing,i got it now!!! u have to play around with the graphics,turn on the aa and play it with 1024x768 medium.mine is good now!!! awesome game
#86 - Jakg
Quote from DeKo :extremely off topic, but an x1800XT to a 7900GTX is about the worst upgrade ive seen in a while.

and well, before i waste a few hours of my life downloading what i assume is a huge demo, does it work on vista x64?

ATi with... flaky drivers to a graphics cards that's a little faster (if a fair bit more expensive) with better drivers (albeit poorer AA) and more compatibility with Crysis.

It works on Vista x64 (so i've heard - haven't yet got around to playing it, but it installed fine, and the Beta worked fine - in fact according to Crytek you get a 15-18% boost per core from 64-bit).
Quote from DeKo :extremely off topic, but an x1800XT to a 7900GTX is about the worst upgrade ive seen in a while

No when you only pay 15€ for the 7900GTX and you hate ATI
It is not exactly an upgrade, it is an exchange.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/ ... ;model2=709&chart=318

BTW, the game sucks, it is the typical arcade shooter
Quote from e2mustang :Hey i had the same thing,i got it now!!! u have to play around with the graphics,turn on the aa and play it with 1024x768 medium.mine is good now!!! awesome game

I have tried everything, all settings and still the same stuff happens. Using the latest drivers.

bah
#89 - Smax
I'll give it a go when the full game comes along, although I expect I'll be running it on low details since my pc is geting a little old now.

Hopefully the multiplayer element will be as strong as Far Cry's assault gamemode which was some of the best multiplayer FPS I've played.

In other news S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Clear Skies is scheduled for Q1 2008 and has a site up with a downloadable video. That should be worth the wait if Crysis does turn out to be all eye candy and no gameplay.
Quote from Madman_CZ :I have tried everything, all settings and still the same stuff happens. Using the latest drivers.

bah

but did u apply the settings at each settings fields?
#91 - DeKo
i feel sorry for my computer when it comes to play this. Single core athlon 64 4000+ and a radeon x1900XTX. I thought it would be at least a year further away that my graphics card starts to struggle, although to be fair i need a new CPU.
Quote from Crashgate3 :pb32000, does your 8800 run it in DX10 mode or haven't you swapped to Vista yet? Your rig is pretty much identical to my brother's so I may go round there later today and play it

I can only assume it's running in dx10 as yer I have Vista. As with all dx10 games though I guess there's not a massive difference. Either way it looks SO nice
I read in a Spaniard forum that a guy with Q6600 and 8800GTX can´t run the game at highest settings in DX9, so don´t talk about DX10...
Yes i am running Vista too , I tried to put all settings on "Very High" , the picture was AMAZING, only bad thing was my 8800GTS ran it like 4-6 fps.

All settings on Very high is just too much for GTX, we must wait for new more powerful cards... Also we can hope that when game is released, the performance should be more better.
NOW I am officially peeved!
Finally got through to the next level after getting pwned loads of times by the AI (yeah..sad, innit?)...saw the nice frozen ship...watched the cutscene..and then...B*!!*CKS!!!..Got to wait until official release to find out what happens next

THEN...to add insult to injury, I checked the direct download site, and lo and behold, the price is $49.99 on the other side of the big pond...quick calculation = about £25.00....so WHY THE F*** are they charging US £34.99 for it? Profiteering B@st@rds!!! No wonder people resort to torrents!!!

Just a note to previous comments...I was running fine on the old drivers (163's) and thought I would give the 'recommended' beta drivers a whirl...result..the cutscenes end up as a slideshow!
Now going to put the 'proper' drivers back
Quote from Bladerunner :WHY THE F*** are they charging US £34.99 for it? Profiteering B@st@rds!!! No wonder people resort to torrents!!!

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail ... ode=2337822&subcat=pc

Job Done

Just played the demo through again and loved it even more. I managed to find some logs stacked up, attract some guards close and then, while cloaked, punch out the logs' supports to crush them below. Hurrah!
Arch I have a 8800GTX and a dualcore OC@3.2Mhz, still only get 15 to 20 with high settings, Guess the only way is to go SLI then?

Also had to resort back to the 163 drivers (thnx for the tip bladerunner), the beta drivers gave nothing but trouble. I do love the game, ran trough the demo 3 times, detail is just amazing even if it it is only DX9!
Quote from lococost :Arch I have a 8800GTX and a dualcore OC@3.2Mhz, still only get 15 to 20 with high settings, Guess the only way is to go SLI then?

Also had to resort back to the 163 drivers (thnx for the tip bladerunner), the beta drivers gave nothing but trouble. I do love the game, ran trough the demo 3 times, detail is just amazing even if it it is only DX9!

You should be getting higher fps than that, I was getting better fps than that with my rig on Vista using the beta drivers.
Quote from lococost :Arch I have a 8800GTX and a dualcore OC@3.2Mhz, still only get 15 to 20 with high settings, Guess the only way is to go SLI then?

There's really something wrong with that. I run a stock e6600 and 8800gts at 1280x1024 and get 25-35 fps on high.

This will be a great game btw. It's the first demo this year that got me wanting for more actually...
I love this game, about the only new game i've played, then played again.

New RAM coming tuesday so I should get some better performance out of it. Getting around 30FPS on medium/low at the moment.

Crysis
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG