The online racing simulator
Crysis
(219 posts, started )
#26 - wark
Ah... prepare to get owned by people smart enough to turn the gfx all the way down.

They don't call it an FPS for nothin'...
I'm still keen on playing through Bioshock with a proper compatible GFX card (no hacks), but if we're talking fancy next gen retro remakes then I'm rather looking forward to the new UT3. Call me oldschool, but that game was never broken- imo they can just slop on the graphics enhancments and add those minor gameplay tweaks until the cows come home for all I care... Should be good fraggin' fun.

The next Half Life (Orange Box) would make me a nice pressy as well. I'm sorta wondering what Gordon Freeman will be getting up to next in this newest installment- probably will have a lot to do with killing stuff (all in the name of good science of course).

And that about leaves Spore. Weird old Spore. Will it simply be Pacman meets Civilization meets Evolutionary Theory inside a gigantic galactic sandbox? I'm not sure... but I'm mad keen on finding out.
#28 - Woz
I would like to see if DX10 does bring anything to the table but there is just no way I am jumping to Windows MEII just to play.

Sounds like many feel the same as MS have been forced to extend the life of XP
#29 - Jakg
Just got my Beta Key, time to download it *evil eyes*
Just make sure you get the beta 3 (new one), It has said to have better fps now too.
Quote from Jakg :Just got my Beta Key, time to download it *evil eyes*

Could you be kind enough to tell me how does it run on your machine?
i love it! got the MP beta key!
I've been playing it the past few days, it's quite good for a beta and the general gameplay is good.

However, on the lowest of low settings it still runs like dog poop, although there is somethings you can change in order to make it run better and smoother which I must try.

Athlon 3800 2.00ghz dual core
2gb ram 800mhz
ATi X1300 512mb poop

When I say poop I just mean in extream situations your really disadvantaged, but it doesn't spoil the game that much.

(Btw for those of you wondering if you can play it or not, the Beta doesn't support dual yet so my guess is most normal machines should play it ok)
Quote from Bawbag :I've been playing it the past few days, it's quite good for a beta and the general gameplay is good.

However, on the lowest of low settings it still runs like dog poop, although there is somethings you can change in order to make it run better and smoother which I must try.

Athlon 3800 2.00ghz dual core
2gb ram 800mhz
ATi X1300 512mb poop

When I say poop I just mean in extream situations your really disadvantaged, but it doesn't spoil the game that much.

(Btw for those of you wondering if you can play it or not, the Beta doesn't support dual yet so my guess is most normal machines should play it ok)

Hmmm. Same system as mine except I have an X1950 Pro 256mb. I'm expecting it to run ok-ish on low-medium settings, but I am a bit hesitant to get it as I know it'll only make me want to upgrade. My system isn't really that old and I'd like to get a bit more life out of it yet...
#35 - Jakg
It's not that it doesn't support Dual, merely that it opens 2 threads, which means it can only use 2 cores. They claim the final version will have support for 4 cores (ie 4 threads or more) and have 64-bit support (which they claim, when on a 64-bit OS, should improve performance by 15-17% per thread)
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 2,2 Ghz (clocked to 2,4Ghz) ordered athlon 64 X2 4200+ (dual core)
XFX 8000 GTS 320mb
2GB ram
Runs about 20-30fps on medium, i dont notice eny diffrence from medium to low
Quote from Origamiboy :Hmmm. Same system as mine except I have an X1950 Pro 256mb. I'm expecting it to run ok-ish on low-medium settings, but I am a bit hesitant to get it as I know it'll only make me want to upgrade. My system isn't really that old and I'd like to get a bit more life out of it yet...

To be honest I don't think you'd have any problems with running it because the 512 card is absolutely useless, I wouldn't trade a pair of socks for it.

Even on low settings the game still looks cool as to me and the actual gameplay is good, this will be one of the games I think i'll actually buy as I think the last one was BF2, none of the betas i've tried in the past really appeal to me.

Was playing it last night and having a little experiment with some new guns and tanks...well.... The nuklear grenade launcher is just immense, the sound and explosion of it is just cool as hell, especcially if you kill about 10 people. This is me running it on poop mode, i'm hopefully trying for a new Gfx card soon and maybe another processor, but if games start supporting the dual core then I don't think i'd really need to.
anyone got the demo already?
everthing's still quiet - no news, no dl links...
Had a look just now, nothing. I guess the demo will be released when the Americans wake up :P
#40 - Jakg
AFAIK the Demo's been knocked back AGAIN.

As usaul, Fileplanet subscribers can "Pre-order" the Demo, but tbh from the Beta i played it's certainly not a game i'll loose sleep over.

Although i was playing an "unoptimized beta" on medium.
Tbh, I'm looking forward to FarCry 2 more (if it doesn't go down that genetic/generic monster route again, that is)...
So how does this revolutionize the ever vibrant FPS genre again?
#44 - Jakg
Think of BF2 crossed with FarCry and Multi-threading.

At least thats the impression the Beta gave me.
seems like the demo was delayed by 24 hours again (they clain it was planned like that though)
So the release date is October 27th at 1:00PM now...
It's utter BS tbh, I swear the only reason is to make money through fileplanet.

Furthermore WHICH major major game's website has google ads on? I'm not, and never will, pay for a demo.
My five bucks says 'candy graphics but shit gameplay'.

Call me a cynic but Bioshock and HL2 already showed that it's very easy to go from from the top of the world to trash bin.
Quote from spankmeyer :My five bucks says 'candy graphics but shit gameplay'.

Amen my brother!

Thing is, it will still sell like shit because there's nothing like candy for people with penis extensions!
Well you haven't played it yet. Neither do I.
I said this in the UT3 thread and I'll say it again.

Quote from Crashgate3 :
I'm now waiting for all the posts saying 'the graphics are great so I'm never, ever going to play it because that automatically means its a terrible game'.

Crysis
(219 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG