The online racing simulator

Poll : How are things?

All is good
I like unicorns
All is bad
I just really like unicorns
#77 - JTbo
It was tough choice, there I was wanting to vote yes, all is fine, but then I read unicorn option, how cruel someone can be to not put multiple choices when there is unicorn to choose from? :eek:

So I voted that I like from unicorns, but I think all is quite well also, I don't think people are too bored as there is some racing discussions going on and such.

I fail to see fun in waiting new patches, however I have no trouble enjoying from racing with current version.
I'll get to try something new anyway (check my sig).
So from my POW everything is really fine!
I don't play much cause i'm short on time! So I'm not really bored with the game yet.
I fell like a kid waiting for his chrismas gift with LFS patches.
all is good, could be even better though

ps: if there was an election for The Father of LFSForum, I would vote for monsieur spankmeyer
only reason why i dont go on lfs much is because i broke my wheel
im o 0.5Q tweak all the time
not much to say really...
whenewer i come online i just sit and watch, not really into driving anymore. maybe a race or two per week... everything is old... im eaven abit surprised im still here... well not that i dont like it anymore... just bored of it abit...
I voted 'All is Good'.

Mainly because I am so busy with other stuff [Life (tm)] at the moment that I don't have time for LFS. All I do is lurk on this forum these days.

I also don't have access to a LFS capable PC, just my work laptop. Therefore I am actually quite happy that there have been no major updates! I am quite happy to wait longer to see a bigger and better update, so that when I finally get back to my gaming PC I won't be so far behind the rest of in terms of practising with the latest version!

Otherwise I am too busy riding my bikes! Had a mountain bike race last weekend, an 80mile MTB ride this weekend and another race the following weekend! After that I will be doing a century ride (100+ miles!) on my road bike! So I have plenty to keep my occupied! Jeez...there is actually life beyond LFS forums

So take your time Scavier! You have the support of all the forum faithful lurkers who are just biding their time like me!

p.s. If possible please time any future releases around Xmas! That way I will at least be home for a while to try it out!
Not so much bored as some but some things that I think would improve the product which increases users/community...

- Better Sound. Much Better Sound. Plz. Better Sound.
- Jazz up the textures some.
- Menu needs to be sexier.
- Godlike Sets seem to create a have and have not environement. New drivers feel overwelmed.

Outside of those improvements, my next biggest complaint is no ones fault. Lack of drivers later in the evening in my part of the world. I find there are not many people on in Western North America (Canada and the US) very often after about 10:00 PM Mountain Time. I might be forced to go back to single player racing against AI. Race2 looks kinda cool I guess. The sound rocks the roof off.

But the last year or so I log in at 10:00 PM MST. There's maybe 10 public servers with very few people in them. Race a few races with 2 or 3 others (usually the server is Redline, CRTC Single Seater or Darkside) and log off and play Bioshock, Counter Strike or Richard Burns Rally and the like.

I love LFS but something is missing. Overall Cohesiveness of the experience in terms of online? Eyecandy? Not sure. Is it because I do not belong to a large TEAM/CLAN and cannot get into private servers and as a result have to make due with downloaded HOTLAP sets? who knows.

C.
Most crashes in LFS oval racing come from newer players thinking it's so easy that they can drive as close to other cars as possible, plus they usually don't know how to keep a line in 2 or 3 wide racing, which results in unnecessary and extremely annoying wrecks. I am guilty of this too, in the last LFSCAR race I participated in, I ended up crashing out two other people and myself because I had never tested my car in traffic on a full load of fuel.
Quote from zeugnimod :Remember: All is good.

Funny to see, though, how you only quote that part of my post and not the other much more significant parts. Your "logic" is flawed btw.

Other part of your post is just bs. It depends not on the power of the car how close they are it depends on the racing skill the whole grid have.
personaly I'd like to see another patch. If hte world revolved around me I'd like to havea patch released everyday. but the devs don't work like that.
so while I'm waiting I went and build a Simcity in Simcity 4. I have 90 000 citizinds in 3 hours. beat that
im usually in bed when most people are online, but when i do play, a majority of the people seem to be in those stupid street cruise servers rather than racing. Im not so much sick of the content, but more sick of doing the same combos all the time. A lot of the servers i see with people in them are on the same combos theyve had for ages. I havent seen people racing TBO much for a while and i dont think ive ever seen some proper racing with LRF cars, which is what im mainly hanging out for because they are the cars ive used the least.
Quote from wildwilly :im usually in bed when most people are online

Mr Willy gotta put away his willy and play LFS instead.
#90 - halo
Well, LFS content is good enough for me. As for now, i may only ask
one or two famous track; nürburgring nordschleife, leMans etc.

I think that LFS will be richer in terms of content diversity
when the changing atmospheric conditions are introduced.

In my spare time, I am interesting in ancient civilisations, such as
Sumerians (they are oldest and most comprehensive imo)

I'm an amateur photographer (had a K100D+18-55 optics recently)
and musician. I record my own songs at home since 1994.

The Forum is quite informative.
I noticed that the responds are very quick;
Sometimes so short that i thought the responded guy sleeping right
front of the monitor, even "living" front of the monitor .
That’s a sign of things going quite good.
Sometimes bored but that’s life.
Dark makes light's difference.

Have a good day to you all.
no fair, I like unicorns and all is good.
Unicorn's a bitch, mate.
Quote from spankmeyer :

People are moaning, trolls and drifters are crawling from the depths of
murky swamps to harass the happy villagers with silly requests

OMFG YOU ARSE DRIFTERS TOTALLY PWN RACERS LOL!.
Bored

I hate to put the Dev team down but i honestly cant see LFS ever getting alot better or different that what it is now,the rate of development is just too slow.

I think what the devs have done for a three man team is amazing but you have to be honest that things like, engine temps, brake temps, head lights and real time weather etc etc are not going to happen when its been so long to update the interiors of the GTR cars?

I hope i,m proven wrong and everyone can call me names.
Quote from richo :Bored

I hate to put the Dev team down but i honestly cant see LFS ever getting alot better or different that what it is now,the rate of development is just too slow.

I think what the devs have done for a three man team is amazing but you have to be honest that things like, engine temps, brake temps, head lights and real time weather etc etc are not going to happen when its been so long to update the interiors of the GTR cars?

I hope i,m proven wrong and everyone can call me names.

Eric has probably been long done with the interiors, it's the AI coding that Scawen is taking this amount of time for. He is trying to do it right, and release it as bug-free as possible on the first try.
"a rolling stone gathers no moss..." lfs has its own ecosystem now
That in turn been fossilised
I bought rfactor. LFS is that boring to me

I guess the glass is half empty for me in LFS. I used to race pretty often online but nowadays I just visit this forum and do league races for the team or myself which is not much.

Kinda like what happened with GPL. One day it just wasn't that much fun anymore...

Unicorns... I prefer minotaurs. And the gargoyles are nice too
Quote from Hyperactive :I bought rfactor. LFS is that boring to me

I guess the glass is half empty for me in LFS. I used to race pretty often online but nowadays I just visit this forum and do league races for the team or myself which is not much.

Kinda like what happened with GPL. One day it just wasn't that much fun anymore...

Unicorns... I prefer minotaurs. And the gargoyles are nice too

But if there was added a track I bet ya would come back right?
And that is what LFs needs, it need something new, to keep players, and attract players to LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG