The online racing simulator

Poll : How are things?

All is good
I like unicorns
All is bad
Quote from Raybrig :hell yes!! loads

its the name of the book "do androids dream of electric sheep"
i think

Daft question anyway, as you think of the sheep while still awake, in order to get to sleep

New version of Bladerunner coming soon too
Quote from der butz :Oh another thing: If you guys feel bored, why not join a league? I don't want to force to anything special, but I think it would be a great waste of time seeing the "old" forum sluts actually race against each other! Might be quality!!!

Yap, i actually do hope so too
Quote from zeugnimod :
(OK, not if you are driving Oval where its almost impossible to make a mistake :razz

Funny thing is: YOU can´t drive the oval fast so you must be really crap if it´s almost impossible tomake a mistake there. Fool!
Quote from Raybrig :its the name of the book "do androids dream of electric sheep"
i think

Yep by Philip K Dick (his name always makes my chuckle. maybe i need to grow up )

Quote from dontsimon :New version of Bladerunner coming soon too

Really ? Wow, never knew. You got a linky ?
LFS is a bit of a working paradox because it's both the best and the worst in different respects. The tire model, even with the shortcomings, is the best on the consumer market today and so I just can't pry myself from the fact that I drive LFS, whereas I play other sims.

There needs to be other things on the car modelled to make it interesting, apart from the very good handling. Rad damage. Brake heat/wear/fade (where applicable). Engine / drivetrain / tweaked suspension damage. Racing line grip. Finished Aero... There's too many things that don't have to be considered by the driver right now. Content would be nice, but "gameplay" & functionality things like that really need to be addressed first IMO, otherwise it's just more content with the same shortcomings.

A friend recently got me into WoW, so that's taking the pain of waiting away for the most part.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Really ? Wow, never knew. You got a linky ?

From Wikipaedia
Final Cut (2007) Partly as the result of previous complaints, Scott was invited in mid-2000 to help put together a final and definitive version of the film, which was completed in mid-2001. During the process, a new digital print of the film was created from the original negatives, special effects were updated and cleaned, and the sound was remastered in 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound. Unlike the rushed 1992 Director's Cut, Scott personally oversaw the new cut as it was being made. The Special Edition DVD was slated for a Christmastime 2001 release, and was originally rumored to be a three-disc set, including the full international theatrical cut, an early workprint with additional scenes, and the newly-enhanced version, in addition to deleted scenes, extensive cast and crew interviews, and the documentary On the Edge of Blade Runner. But Warner Bros. delayed the "Special Edition" release after legal disputes began with the film's original completion bond guarantors (specifically Jerry Perenchio), who were ceded the copyright to the film when the shooting ran over budget from $21.5 to $28 million.
After years of legal disputes, Warner Bros. announced in 2006 that it had finally secured full distribution rights to the film, and that there would be a three-stage release of the film. First, a digitally remastered single-disc re-release of the 1992 Director's Cut was released on September 5, 2006 in the United States, on October 9, 2006 in Ireland and the UK, and in the following months in continental Europe. Second, Ridley Scott's "Final Cut" of the film is scheduled for a limited theatrical release in 2007.[4] The third and final phase — a multi-disc box set — will be released on the DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray disc formats.[43][44] The set will include the workprint, the two 1982 original theatrical versions (U.S. domestic and uncensored International cuts), the 2006-remastered Director's Cut, the 2007 Final Cut, and bonus features; all are scheduled for release December 18, 2007. Four-disc and two-disc sets will also be released, containing some of the features of the five-disc set.[45][46]
Scott has confirmed that the Special Edition DVD is complete, and will come as a five-disc set, in a "Deckard briefcase" with state-of-the-art digital print, and is scheduled for a midnight screening at the Venice Film Festival on September 1st, 2007.[13]. On June 20, 2007, a trailer for The Final Cut aired during CBS's AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movies, 10th Anniversary Edition—during which Blade Runner was ranked #97. The trailer included a scene in which scantily-clad women danced on a platform outside of "The Snake Pit." This scene was included in the original workprint version, but it was deleted from the International, Domestic, and 1992 Director's Cuts. Joanna Cassidy has stated on her website that she has reshot some footage for the upcoming release.[47] The HD-DVD set of "The Ultimate Matrix Collection" included a flyer promoting the release as "Blade Runner: The Essential 25th Anniversary Collection," and gave a release timeframe of Fall 2007. Ridley Scott, along with members of the film's cast and crew, appeared at the 2007 San Diego Comic-Con, in which they held a panel promoting the release, and showed clips from the new cut of the film.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4- ... ctor-Edition/Product.html

EDIT - sorry for the OT. Then again, there is a Unicorn link
Kinda bored, im sure ill be back playing it when im bored of GTR2, but i cant see that happening anytime soon

Plus ive started collage so my time goes to that now (yeah, right)
re Bladerunner: Wow, how to blead an old franchise dry...
#60 - th84
Quote from Crazy Harry :Funny thing is: YOU can´t drive the oval fast so you must be really crap if it´s almost impossible tomake a mistake there. Fool!

Typical Harry!

Im quite bored with it also, I dont play nearly as much as before. I think it is a combination of a busy real life and tired of doing the same old combos (my timezone is pretty limited as to which servers are populated).
Quote from Becky Rose :re Bladerunner: Wow, how to blead an old franchise dry...

Actually that isn't it. Did you read the above text? If you read the history of the film, Ridley Scott was locked out of the editing process of the original due to legal wranglings. The studio released their version which was not Scott's vision at all.

In 1992 the 'Directors Cut' wasn't actually Ridley Scott's version either, just a version closer to his original idea, put together via notes.

This Final Cut version is the film he would have released if he could have done so 25 years ago. It's not like he needs the money, and BR fans will certainly appreciate this release. At £19.99 for the five disc version it's amazing value.
Anyone seen my green cheese? I Left it next to the unicorn and now it's gone. Although the unicorn now has a funny little smile.

Anyone? Anyone seen my green cheese?
Quote from dontsimon :From Wikipaedia....."so it must be true".....

Ok now, i'm getting old, and maybe my eyes are going a bit wonky, but... i dont see/or missed the bit about a New Film ?. Yeah, the directors cut has been know about for years, but wrapping yet another cut up in a new cardboard suit and flogging it to the DVD generation doesn't necessarily make it a new film. Always thought Ridley had more integrity that that, and i'm sure he's not short of a bob or two.

you got all my hopes up there, but dashed them all to pieces

Bit of trivia for you. The "Hollywood Cut", the very last scene, was actually nicked from the opening sequence from "Psycho" yunno, the one with the VW Beetle driving up the mountain road ?

[Edit] faaaarrrrr tooooo slooooowwwww, just seen your above post Si
Good grief, do you lot listen? Just cos it's from Wiki, doesn't mean it's not true. I just used that for a quick info.

There's a new version of the film, digitally remastered, re-edited, with new scenes, cleaned up effects, deleted scenes, altered score yadder yadder- all put together by Ridley Scott to give the version he always wanted to release but couldn't because of legal problems. It isn't just a repackage. It's called the 'Final Cut' and will no doubt be the definitive (and final) version of the film.

The cynicism round here sometimes . . .
Lol I'm old...leave me alone....i can remember the first time the film was released.....saw it at the local picture house, cost 75p....
Quote from dontsimon :It's called the 'Final Cut' and will no doubt be the definitive (and final) version of the film.

Until "Final Cut (Directors Cut)"

Quote from dontsimon :The cynicism round here sometimes . . .

Nonsense... :P
Hey, this isn't the film club!

Now focus and find that cheese ffs.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Bit of trivia for you. The "Hollywood Cut", the very last scene, was actually nicked from the opening sequence from "Psycho" yunno, the one with the VW Beetle driving up the mountain road ?

Actually, I believe this footage was give to RS by Stanley Kubrik, and was from The Shining.
I'm old....leave me alone.....my memory's going.....yeah you're right.....darn it !
#70 - SamH
I'm finding myself driving LFS more recently than I have for probably a year or so. The CTRA has got me more into coding than I've been for a long time, too. I did recently make the mistake of saying publicly that I needed money and that's landed me with work until about Christmas reviewing/QA'ing safety cases for the MOD, but I guess that means that everyone else will get a crimbo pressy, if nothing else

By and large, things in the real world ain't so bad, all considered. As for LFS, sure.. I'd love to see new content, but I'm still enjoying the stuff we have. More so now than a few months ago. I plan to pollute other peoples' servers with my presence a bit in the coming months, and also to improve on my single-seater and CTRA licences (which are a bit shameful, really)
Quote from Crazy Harry :Funny thing is: YOU can´t drive the oval fast so you must be really crap if it´s almost impossible tomake a mistake there. Fool!

Remember: All is good.

Funny to see, though, how you only quote that part of my post and not the other much more significant parts. Your "logic" is flawed btw.
Im struggling to see how people are suddenly getting bored, lets be honest Patch X was not a million years ago. Im quite happy because I just enjoy racing, simple as that.
No, you're right, but a patch doesn't inherantly come with enhancements that actually affect gameplay much. False starts was the most noteworthy thing.

It's all fine, I'm just saying... Patch X had some good things, but only one or two really great things.

It's also hard to desire to master the sim and put time into fine tuning the skillset when the tire physics are just going to change again anyway.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :A friend recently got me into WoW, so that's taking the pain of waiting away for the most part.

no no NO NO NOOOOOOOO!!!! Please say you are joking aroooouuuunnnnndddd!!!! :eek:
Issues?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG