The online racing simulator

Poll : How are things?

All is good
I like unicorns
All is bad
LFS was a great game for me a few years before. Right now it´s no fun at all. As most of you know I like oval racing and I´ve done about ... lets check ... 55697 laps imo 90% oval. I´m sure I would switch back (from rf) to lfs if I get more content. I don´t talk about mods, mods sux most of the time. All I can see the last 2 years is scawen working on programming stuff I don´t understand. Can´t see sonething from that guy called Eric. As far as I know it´s his deal to bring new content. 5 more tracks and 3 more classes of race cars would be enough for me. IMO most of the cars are too slow to have intense racing in lfs I would like to have 3 fast raceclasses.

- RB4 GTR or - even better - RB4 WRC Evo
- NASCAR
- (something like) ALMS

- small banked oval
- big 4 corner oval
- a long fast track like LeMans
- a real rallye stage or hillclimb (to give RB4 a chance)
- a bigger better skidpad like the Nardo testtrack (to work like hell with the editor)
Quote from Crazy Harry :Can´t see sonething from that guy called Eric. As far as I know it´s his deal to bring new content.

It's his deal, afaik, to make the graphics that goes with the content. But content in itself needs programming done to it as well. For example, you can't just throw in a model of a NASCAR car and expect it to work like it should, apart from setting the geometry right there is quite alot missing to do a proper simulation, mostly in the aero department (and some setup options actually).

As for long and fast tracks, we already have some of those. One major thing I'm looking forward to is the face-lift of the Fern Bay setting, either officially or unofficially.

Quote from Vykos69 :"official" ??? wtf, come on you're kidding

It actually says "offical" - which is something between official and offal.
Plus you pay for the content, so it wouldn't make sense giving away stuff that had been planned or made for S3 already. Don't know how someone can say we should get more tracks when they admit doing 90% of their laps on one single track. There are other tracks than oval too.

To lighten the mood, have some pulla.
Attached images
have some pulla.jpg
Quote from Blackout :Don't know how someone can say we should get more tracks when they admit doing 90% of their laps on one single track.

Simple to explain. As I sayed I like oval most. There is only 1 oval in lfs thats the reason why I spend 90% on it.
I'm still happy with LFS, the only thing that could be better in LFS is the behavier of the AI-drivers, but I think they are working at that point now
I'm testing the free BMW M3 challenge and it's a nice change. Just waiting for new content before starting lfs.exe again.
It's two o' clock and awwwws waeeell.

New patch would be nice, my expectation is that it'll be more interesting content and features wise than recent patches, so I'm happy to wait. The dev silence is a hopeful one as I can just imagine them working away slavishly behind the perennial dead-end dramas of the forum, to deliver the goods.

Coping with LFS Developement:

Letting the guys get on with it, casual bouts of LFS and more recently GTR2. Also, lots of Photoshop tutorials keeping me busy. Looky, I made a door from scratch and a bearskin rug as well.

edit: and a fantasy stained glass window
Attached images
door.jpg
fantasy bearskinjpg.jpg
fantasy_window_UVj.jpg
Quote from spankmeyer :trolls and drifters are crawling from the depths of murky swamps to harass the happy villagers with silly requests requested-a-thousand-times-before,

Not to mention grumpy racers who complain about drifters
Bored of LFS' tracks atm to the point i'm driving less and developing more. It's been this way for a while, to the point where i'm almost bored of developing for LFS (it doesnt pay terribly well! lol).

I've got some LFS projects in the pipeline, but by next year I wouldn't be suprised if I have my own working tyre model just because I cant help but fiddle with things.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I'm still loving it after 2 years.

Pretty much sums it up for me.
Yes, the development is slow, but I appreciate things so much more when they are done properly, and when I know the devs actually care about what they're doing.
It's such a rare trait in games development nowadays.

Keep going the way you're going Scavier.
I don't love :lfs: for what it may become one day, but for what it already is. I'm not bored at all. All is good.
Yeah, I love it too. I drive in 3 leagues, all 75min plus races (OWRL F1, OWRL Div A and GFC) so I've always got something to practice for. I always have a purpose to fire up LFS, not just to wobble round in 5 lap pickup races at BLGP or AS Club. I think that is probably the difference between the "bored" and "not bored".
Only androids dream of Unicorns
i thought they dream of electric sheep.

i only got s2 a few months ago so im deff not fed up, only scratched the surface!
Quote from Crazy Harry :IMO most of the cars are too slow to have intense racing in lfs

IMO the most intense racing IS in the slower cars. With faster cars, the field is spread out after some laps and the intense racing is over.

With slower cars, the cars stay closer together and you actually lose some time and positions when you make a small mistake.

(OK, not if you are driving Oval where its almost impossible to make a mistake :razz

Oh, and all is good.
Quote from Raybrig :i thought they dream of electric sheep.

i only got s2 a few months ago so im deff not fed up, only scratched the surface!

As far as i remember that question was never answered, but, Deckard was a replicant yunno ! and he dreamt of unicorns.

Welcome to LFS btw, having fun ?
#42 - Jakg
How does faster cars = better racing?!

I don't get why "top leagues" use the Slick cars exclusively...
First of, I don`t know what a unicorn is so I voted "no"
I love how the DEV`s usually comes up with some sort of a patch to fix things, but what I really need now is some new contest.
It`s been borring for a long time, and why I race now is because..well I just have no other games that my computer mangages to drive without going 100C+...
Well, not completely true, I still have some nice races here and there, but I miss the full fields racing, I never seems to find those now days. And I think that is because of the lack of new contest in LFS :/
im also still happy with lfs (altough i dont play it every day lately (bit boring)) AND I respect scaviers way of releasing content

BUT

personally I prefer the testpatch-way...

every lil thing he creates could be tested in patch test forum wich would be a cool thing to do for lfs- and lfsforumselite, altough i am 100% sure peopz will start moaning if content tested will not be used in final next patch... but i really prefer lil updates (also if they are incompatible, racing test servers then)

whatever, scavier everytime suprised me when i was bored and waited for new content, hes just doin an other way than i would do and i dont say my way is best way lol ^^
Quote from MoonForce :personally I prefer the testpatch-way...

No one said there won't be any test patches for things that require tests done to them. I'm rather sure we'll see a revival of that when Scawen has a stable AI update he'll want us to test. If you think of it though, content is not really up to being "tested". And as far as we know the next "content" update will just be the cockpits and South City.

But even if we had a non-content related update it would likely be a new game all around. If there was even a minor addition to the damage modelling it would give an extra twist to races.
Quote from xaotik : And as far as we know the next "content" update will just be the cockpits and South City.

And "a lot more scenery to Westhill", whatever that is suppose to mean.
Quote from Blackout :And "a lot more scenery to Westhill", whatever that is suppose to mean.

Where do you have that information from?
Quote from xaotik :No one said there won't be any test patches for things that require tests done to them. I'm rather sure we'll see a revival of that when Scawen has a stable AI update he'll want us to test. If you think of it though, content is not really up to being "tested". And as far as we know the next "content" update will just be the cockpits and South City.

But even if we had a non-content related update it would likely be a new game all around. If there was even a minor addition to the damage modelling it would give an extra twist to races.

agreeeee
Quote from Mazz4200 :As far as i remember that question was never answered, but, Deckard was a replicant yunno ! and he dreamt of unicorns.

Welcome to LFS btw, having fun ?

hell yes!! loads

its the name of the book "do androids dream of electric sheep"
i think

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG