The online racing simulator
Dru! Edit, instead of multiposting!
Quote from Dru :I've looked at yours and Stables races..

Out of 3 of the 4 'first races' of the pairings your races ended 3 times through personal error and once becuase of another driver.

IN the second races you were all taken out by pack racing and people hitting each other in the mad dash around the first corners.

I would say as an observation that the first 3 corners are the worst, as you are getting people spread out then the racing is fine.

People at the back of the grid need to be more clever, they need to know that they can not make up 10 places in a corner and that patience will also see them get out of trouble.

The pack racing was very close in those first corners.

As i say it's unfortunate that you 2 were taken out both times but really, it was by your own errors in the first place you were down the back of the grid

Chin up there are 2 weeks left, ust work on the consistancy and find a race pace you can handle without making mistakes and you'll be fine (along with the same luck everybody esle is wanting )

Regards,

Dru

Dru i havent got a clou what your on about really. But never mind. What I meant really was that people need to start practising. They dont know what the UFR is doing at corners.

YEah back of the grid. Well at FE2r i entered at the moment you started the race. Sorry but i was working late. Second race no quali. So back on the grid again. Third race I was after quali in third spot. Aye that crash was hilarous with celt. Race incident no problems.
Fourth race i was back off grid due to accident with celtic, dru.

So your fault, not totaly but its fine dru.
#203 - Dru
Quote from niels1 :Dru i havent got a clou what your on about really. But never mind. What I meant really was that people need to start practising. They dont know what the UFR is doing at corners.

YEah back of the grid. Well at FE2r i entered at the moment you started the race. Sorry but i was working late. Second race no quali. So back on the grid again. Third race I was after quali in third spot. Aye that crash was hilarous with celt. Race incident no problems.
Fourth race i was back off grid due to accident with celtic, dru.

So your fault, not totaly but its fine dru.

hmmmm now i think you are confused Neils I led and won all 4 races

Back on topic, i think we have to stress the importance of the first halp lap in these races.

I don't think its anything different to any other similar class ie UF1 or XFG or XRG it just needs a few corners to work out the order and get from 3 wide to only 2 or one .
@Dru : I think you misunderstood mine post. I didnt say it was your fault. I meant it as in asking to myself .

Like is it your own fault, wich i think not totaly. Sure i made some mistakes. But lilke you said, your at the back of the grid. I was trying to explain how that happend. That why I said not totaly my own fault.

Anyway back on topic.

That first 3 corners are criticial in the race to get by. I never tried it that hard to get passed a couple off guys in the first corner. But with 3 or 4 width there no way of escaping a crash.

Yesterday I noticed that a lot off racers still want to win the race in first corner. It isnt possible. Once your taking out by a crash there is now way you can get back in race. The difference between lapetimes are between 2 and 3 second max. The lapetimes are pretty close. That why i like racing these babys. But like i said once in a crash at T1 your race is kinda over.

So please Gents, take it easy at T1. You just cant win a race at T1.
#205 - Dru
Completely agree there Niels

First part, survive turns 1,2,3 then get your head down and race. This league will definately be about survivors

Infact I think i need to practice....

last night i did not over take any one

I started race 1 in 2nd, stayed there til Chapman rolled it then led and won race 1. Pole for race 2 3 and 4 and won all too

Maybe i should try starting near the back and see what it's really like
Quote from Dru :Infact I think i need to practice....

last night i did not over take any one

I started race 1 in 2nd, stayed there til Chapman rolled it then led and won race 1. Pole for race 2 3 and 4 and won all too

Maybe i should try starting near the back and see what it's really like

Yes, and i have peckers jibberish on TS to thank for that roll, god only knows what he was talking about but it confused the heck out of me and i ran wide at T2 and couldnt come off the curbing cleanly for the middle section of that series of corners. My own fault for paying attention to anything he had to say

I hadnt driven since last week, and as i said to you (dru) last week, it was a pretty pointless exercise because after a couple of corners your driving on your own. After other people ahead messing about ruined my first qual lap i pitted and then considered starting at the back, but the problem is that you get lumbered with the folk at the back of the grid... obvious i know, but the driving back there is the stuff of nightmares at times

AS2R was better for me at least, i hadnt driven round there so it was all pretty new (im betting i've not done any laps there since the UF1 pre-season!) so actually racing amongst people rather than on my own was quite nice.

One thing that i did realise from being mid-pack in both those FE2R races was that most people are cheating! There didnt seem to be many laps that went by that the person infront just ploughed through the cones at T1 and just carried on regardless. Infact im pretty sure one person hit each set of cones on one lap and didnt give a hoot.
I think it was Hoiting i followed for a few laps waiting till i could make a pass (I was a lap or 2 down, as was he but it wasnt for position so i wasnt going to make an aggressive move for a non-place) and he took out the chicane cones 2 of the 3 times i followed him through there (at distance, no pressure from me being there) and it wasnt until he made a mistake at the last corner and forced me to make a stupid (clean) move just to pass him that i got by. But its disappointing that very few people seem to care about the fact that there are additional track markers in place so you know when you've taken the corner cleanly and when you've clearly cut it, and people dont seem to care that they've cut it they just carry on in ignorance or in complete disregard, one of the 2.
In past races when ive made a pass and clipped a cone i've given up the place, if its possible it was won by an advantage i shouldnt have used then its not a fair manouver, i'd never cut intentionally but 'intention' isnt the point, its the gaining for doing something wrongly (and outside the rules) and intentionally carrying on knowing that which is wrong. In qualifying if i've cut somewhere on the lap then it gets abandoned, even if its the last corner and going to ruin my next lap thats my fault.
How come very few others seems to get this? You can be sure if its done in an official round it'll be penalised, so get it out of your system now.

For those that actually want to learn how to take T1 correctly & legally, you'll actually find that its quicker than illegally ramping it over the curbing, and thats before the penalties start getting dished out for cutting.
The impression i get is that people think they should just take it flat out and eventually they'll find the correct line, but thats a pretty useless approach. First figure out how to take the corner, and do that, then go through a bit faster until you get to the point where your no longer going through cleanly, if you cant go through cleanly then going faster clearly isnt the answer.
Some of the driving is pretty poor, laptimes dont determine a good driver, just cos you can fluke a half-decent lap doesnt make you good, it makes you a hazard amongst good drivers putting in similar times, and if folk took 30min and practiced offline they'd figure out the correct way to get around the tracks much sooner, safer and produce faster times because you'd hopefully be there with the intention of improving your weaknesses rather than just driving round trying to win a meaningless race.
#207 - Dru
I'll have you know i won 4 meaningless races
1 Paul Chapman (V) 20 20 20 18 20 5 9 16 16 - - - - - - 144 pts
2 Justin Parker [ZWR] 0 14 18 7 0 20 20 20 20 - - - - - - 119 pts

Looks like you need to win more meaningless races to me
I'll have a pint of what he's drinking Please
Quote from PaulC2K :1 Paul Chapman (V) 20 20 20 18 20 5 9 16 16 - - - - - - 144 pts
2 Justin Parker [ZWR] 0 14 18 7 0 20 20 20 20 - - - - - - 119 pts

Point Paul!
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :
Quote from PaulC2K :1 Paul Chapman (V) 20 20 20 18 20 5 9 16 16 - - - - - - 1 145 pts
2 Justin Parker [ZWR] 0 14 18 7 0 20 20 20 20 - - - - - - 0 119 pts

Point Paul!

Yey, updated the totals
hehe
I see you two have started the championship already, nice but I'd call that a false start so you're both disqualified
:'(

Protest lodged!
#214 - Dru
Objection noted Tony,

But dismissed......

#215 - Dru
Sat Night Race Session
#216 - Dru
Had a great Sat night test session, we even had a few drivers ELR and FPR turn up, it was great.

Ok,

I have updated the testing front page, last test race evening Thursday 1st November, can not stress how important it is that you are ware of the format and I urge anyone who is signed up and not taken part so far to come along just to get your head around it.

If there are more than 32 people turn up, the ZWR drivers will step aside to let the league racers run
...Also we will have one more chance to get all the server binds and commands right. Since Dru might not be about the whole week and Owen and me are admining and supervising the league, we might have to go through one or two proper test races. These will consist of quali, 2 or 3 races in a row, the last one will be with reversed positions 1 to 8.
So this could be the chance for everyone to join and see how everything will be sorted in the race...

greetz

der butz
Hey Guys! This test on thursday is it public? Or just league participants can join!?
Its really for those already signed up to the series, which is now locked down.
If there is room on Thursday then i see no reason why you couldnt join in as long as your reasonably prepared and dont cause incidents because of lack or practice in this new class.

Theres 50 people signed up, so theres the possibility it'll be full, and the server is usually passworded once its begun, but to answer your question with zero authority, you should be fine to join in this last test race if theres room.
thx for the quick answer!
I dont wanna take away a spot from a league racer, i just enjoy driving this car, so i'll be their and if there is place they maybe let me in.
I won't be there on thursday, I have final round of an rfactor league to do.

But after practicing a bit tonight and modifying my suspension setup my time is down to a 1:19.25. (no cutting)
Quote from mr_x :I won't be there on thursday, I have final round of an rfactor league to do.

But after practicing a bit tonight and modifying my suspension setup my time is down to a 1:19.25. (no cutting)

**** COUGH **** setup please
I want the setup tooo!

Might not be able to be there on thursday - it appears i'm probably doing a maths thingy at a university :X
ohhhh 1.19.25 great lapetime. (me sitting on knees begging for that setup) .

Well if you dont mind i would love to have a go at that setup of yours.

And i will be there thursday. Last change of getting some official practise with you guys. As always i hope of some fun.
Did I mention I had 20% fuel on board aswell

unfortunately anyone who's tried my previous setups has hated them (Reintjan, Dru, Mike, Butz). And I can't see you lot being much different. - I think I have an odd driving style

It's top secret too

Plus I think it was pure luck I did that lap and probably couldn't do it again. Everything came together with that lap, hit all the kerbs perfectly, perfect lines, perfect braking points.

Now I just need to work on consistancy and not rolling over every 3 laps

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG