The online racing simulator
looks completely professional don

I found out last night @ 00:30 that there was a rally going on about 80 miles from my house.. so I got up at 07:00 and went! Mostly to test my new camera, which I now love!

Rest of the gallery is here: Neath Valley Stages
Quote from ATHome :What's the better choice in your opinion:

Nikon D5100 or Canon D600?

Price Tag is about the same on both.

D5100 has a better sensor, Canon can mount more third-party/legacy lenses (with adaptors). I find Nikon has better ergonomics, but that's personal preference.

If you can hold both in-hand that's the best way to decide.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :D5100 has a better sensor, Canon can mount more third-party/legacy lenses (with adaptors). I find Nikon has better ergonomics, but that's personal preference.

If you can hold both in-hand that's the best way to decide.

As it will be my first DSLR, I can't really tell yet what I'm exactly looking for, ergonomics wise.

Legacy lenses would be nice at some point, but I'll have to stick to the kit lenses first. And even if I'll buy an old lens, I could live with manual focus, as I will mostly shoot static objects.

They both have their pros and cons, but I think I'll take the Nikon.
Today I've had both around at a store to play with. And I'm going to buy the Nikon, because I've found something what I didn't like about the Canon at all.

It felt very cheap and unprecise when using manual focus with the kit lens, there also was some kind of play, where nothing happens at all when focusing. And as I'm going to use manual focus a lot, I will be better of with the Nikon.

Thanks for the opinion DWB anyway
Took one picture while i was in thailand (too busy with other stuff, which is normal for thailand ) and completely ****ed it up in Lightroom...

Quote from jibber :Took one picture while i was in thailand (too busy with other stuff, which is normal for thailand )

Damn ladyboys!
Quote from jibber :Took one picture while i was in thailand (too busy with other stuff, which is normal for thailand ) and completely ****ed it up in Lightroom...

Don't do what I did.. and get hit by a wave the size of a tsunami with your camera in hand.. (or iphone in pocket). My 1000D is like a woman now, it decides whether it wants to be turned on or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i11vPJPiN_0
Quote from Seb66 :Don't do what I did.. and get hit by a wave the size of a tsunami with your camera in hand.. (or iphone in pocket). My 1000D is like a woman now, it decides whether it wants to be turned on or not.

Ouch and lol'd.

Some Nikon repair stories from today. Noticed a strange thing with my lovely Nikkor 14-24/f2.8 last Thursday when I was packing my stuff after a shoot. Somehow I was able to twist the lens over the point where it should stop and release from the body. (Kinda like the 'neck' scene in the Exorcist.)

Fortunately I purchase all my expensive stuff locally so I was able to go visit the store and show the staff the problem and compare it to a regular 14-24 they had in store.

Off it went to the repairs on Friday and got it back today - fixed under warranty despite being nearly 2-years-old work horse. Nikon support gets a nothing but positive feedback from me.
Yeah, the warranties on Nikon's pro-quality lenses are superb. Had a 70-200/2.8 I purchased used (but with the original receipt) and got it serviced for free under warranty despite it being nearly five years old and me not being the original owner.
Quote from Don :some notes about Canon EOS 7D after few weeks of usage:
http://don.vn.cz/blog/index.ph ... -camera-really-that-good/

I used the 7D for a month or so while writing a review and I agree with you that it doesn't quite live up to the hype. The base ISO performance seemed underwhelming and the high-ISO lagged far behind other same-gen sensors. I found the AF to be quite good overall, but I haven't really used other Canon dSLRs extensively, so I can't comment there.
Some nice shots in this thread!

I'm looking to upgrade my current gear, since I've had it for about 3½ years now. Not sure what to go with yet though, waiting to see what Nikon will announce at their press conference here on August 24th.

I hope they will announce the D400 and the D800. I'm really digging the D7000, so I hope the D400 will be a serious step up from that. D800 is the dream, as I would love to go fullframe, though it will probably be quite expensive.

But whenever the D800 is announced, the prices on the used D700's will probably drop quite a bit, then I might get one of those - still an awesome body!
Oh teh sweet horror!
Creepy shit, Mikko!

Some more backyard sheet:

Shot at Richmond Park, London.
Attached images
4.1.jpg
5.1.jpg
3.1.jpg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Creepy shit, Mikko!

Some more backyard sheet:

THE SHRUBBERY IN FINLAND NEVER LOOKS THAT GOOD.

That off my chest, excellent work and processing again. The one with the cyan wall has nice colours. Adobe RAW converter? Wat lenses were those?

(Ha, in your face non-lens-fanatics!)

Here's some more horror from her.

Quote from spankmeyer :THE SHRUBBERY IN FINLAND NEVER LOOKS THAT GOOD.

That off my chest, excellent work and processing again. The one with the cyan wall has nice colours. Adobe RAW converter? Wat lenses were those?

(Ha, in your face non-lens-fanatics!)

The fence shot and the one before it were the 180/2.8 Ai-s, and the remaining were either the 28/2.0 or 28/2.8 Ai-s.

Lightroom + Silver Effex or Exposure 3.
Got my first DSLR since yesterday!
Nikon D90 together with Nikkor 35mm/f.18 and Tamron 17-50mm/f2.8.
I'm slowly getting the hang of it and enjoying it ALOT so far.
Tomorrow I'll take it to a trip to the Ardennes maybe.

Criticism very welcome!

My Flickr account: http://flic.kr/ps/21QYDz
Looks like you're off to a great start!
Quote from Fastwalker :Got my first DSLR since yesterday!
Nikon D90 together with Nikkor 35mm/f.18 and Tamron 17-50mm/f2.8.
I'm slowly getting the hang of it and enjoying it ALOT so far.
Tomorrow I'll take it to a trip to the Ardennes maybe.

Criticism very welcome!

My Flickr account: http://flic.kr/ps/21QYDz

Congrats on the new gear, good stuff!

And nice shots, especially the first one.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG