The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you be pleased if LFS remained with fantasy material?

Yes
No
Quote from danowat :LFS doesn't NEED real content to make it "good", it's good already, has been good long before any "real" content was added.

Would adding (more) "real" content to LFS make it "better"?, IMO no, but I DO agree that we need more content, if that content is real, then so be it, but it won't be a bad thing if any added content is fictional.

TBH, there is only thing I would like added to LFS that is "real", and that would be the Nordschleife, I have massive respect for that "track"

I agree, 100% The Nordschleife is the only real world track I'd care about seeing, simply because it's like nothing else out there. Everything else just seems like any other track to me, nothing to get that jazzed about.

A few other tracks that I would like to see, Bathurst and Pike's Peak, again, they're not really like anything else out there.
I'm all for keeping fictional cars, the only thing i would really want is some real tracks.
Quote from Vain :@ajp71: 'bullshit' is a pretty strong word for a free interpretation of a post. I wouldn't agree with your idea of 'achievable'.

I'm still a bit puzzled at the result. If I imagined that tomorrow Scawen posted "We were approached by several track owners and car brands to include cars and tracks for free in LFS, but we decided we won't ever again add real content to LFS" I surely wouldn't be pleased. I can't believe 80% of the forum members would go "Yay! Good decision! "

Vain

Personally I would choose RL tracks and cars if given a straight choice with no other factors. On the condition that they were modelled accurately and that whatever the result is is the result you get even if it's slightly different from the real thing and they aren't reverse engineered to falsely behave like they do in reality like I suspect a lot of ISI based mods are.
I voted no
I voted no, but, the question is formulated weirdly. Obviously I'm pleased with the game since I bought it and race almost daily, BUT, I'd really love to have real cars and tracks to drive them on.

For me, part of the fun of these racing sims is driving the layouts and cars I'm gonna watch the following week-end on tv, learning the cars and the tracks to appreciate them more once you see the pros doing it!

For now, I'm going back and forth from rFactor for the content and LFS for the sheer fun of driving!
I'd welcome any real cars and tracks to LfS, but that said, I'd welcome any (reasonable) fictional content as well...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :No one else has mentioned weather so far in this thread...

English tracks where it NEVER rains is fantasy
bah,FZ5 with Ferrari skin is good enough for me.
TBH ever since I drove a Ferrari in the GTR2 demo I've been glad that LFS doesn't have one. Ferraris are really horrible to drive.
I think having real cars and real tracks is irrelevant. In high-budget games you can have these but I find no comfort in knowing this track and this car exists in the real world if the driving itself feels so detached from the real world.

In Live for Speed you feel like you're driving in the same world we live in - who gives a rats ass about brand names? This is a racing simulator, not a screenshot generator.
#85 - Woz
Quote from 96 GTS :I agree, 100% The Nordschleife is the only real world track I'd care about seeing, simply because it's like nothing else out there. Everything else just seems like any other track to me, nothing to get that jazzed about.

A few other tracks that I would like to see, Bathurst and Pike's Peak, again, they're not really like anything else out there.

Yep, Bathurst or similar would be great. Its such a mental and demanding track
Hmmm. Me? Personally? I don't think LFS ever needed real cars or tracks at all. But that's just me.
Alot of people seem to want real cars & tracks. Do you realize how many cars & tracks there are? Even if the dev's did make "real" cars & tracks, I think more people would be dissatisfied than not having real cars & tracks.
Mainly because of things Like "I wanted an '84 testerosa, but they didn't model a Ferrari". Or "They shoulda made this track instead of that one".
Those would be topics on this forum that would have more locks on it than the name and shame ones do.

LOL how about "unrealistic" cars? Like something with five wheels and all of them square? Yeah. Model that instead.
#87 - Gunn
Quote : Would you be pleased if LFS remained with fantasy material?

Sure. I'm already pleased now, I don't see why that would that change if things continued as they have so far. Why would I suddenly dislike a sim that works very well and offers great racing?
Ofcourse I would like more real cars, but having only one doesn't disturb me at all. I think it's even fun when you can talk with your friend about XRT's and FZ5's not ferraris or porsches.
welll the fantasy cars I dont mind, I actually like them all a lot, But Real tacks is whats awsome about rfactor. Lfs owns rfactor everywhere but tracks. They have all the most famous tracks and I love to racing on them, and I think if lfs Had real tracks it would be a ton more popular.

PS. ANy new tracks fantasy or real would be very nice right now lol im soo sick of the current tracks i dont even play lfs anymore. I know them all by heart and they are all pretty boring to drive nowadays
Quote from Modoff :PS. ANy new tracks fantasy or real would be very nice right now lol im soo sick of the current tracks i dont even play lfs anymore. I know them all by heart and they are all pretty boring to drive nowadays

I second that! (except the not playing part )
When I look at the track selection screen, the ideal lines, braking points already pop out in my head... You may say that there are many combos that I have not driven yet, thats true, but the lines are 99% the same for all cars...
Quote from Jamexing :The ultimate test of how good a simulator is is to simulate a real car, with all the relevant specifications as closely matched to the real thing as possible. This is the only test that can truly make or break a sim. If the simulated real car handles very similarly to the real thing is the only absolute proof of realism in terms of physics simulation.

While I agree in essence, it would mean you would have to have the same stretch of track/road as the real car test, the same driver as well for all things to be considered pretty equal, real cars and tracks may someday be included but getting a professional driver to jet off to a real track in a real car etc may prove hard
#92 - aoun
Would i be pleased?

Bring it or dont.. i dont care, just get this game as real as possible and i think all will be happy!!!!
I would love to see real cars and tracks. But there is one problem about having real cars and tracks. Say for example, someone on this forum owns a C5 Corvette, then that same car is put into LFS. I can garuantee you that at least 1 person would complain about it e.g. "it does'nt handle the same" "it does'nt have the same top speed etc." which then gives people the wrong impression of this sim.
As long as I can trick myself into believing for a moment that I'm racing at a track somewhere, as opposed to knowing that I'm just sitting down at the computer wiggling the mouse and clicking buttons, then I'm not concerned whether the track/car is really real or not. Even existing real life tracks are something very different inside a computer, and I'm not enough of a car freak that I'll be impressed that I'm driving a Porsche or whatever. It's really not a problem.
Quote from Mike85 :There should be a question: would it bother you if there were real cars and tracks? Id like to see the answer to that

Yes, I would be bothered because I would have to never come to the forum again, or put everyone on my ignore list except for ScaViEr and some other "sensible" people. Only thing adding real content would do (that ppl having actually used) would cause repetitive arguing. What if the XRT was in fact a real car? Would that change anything, no. What if Fern Bay or Aston was a real track? Would that change anything, no. You say that LFS is ahead of all other sims because of the physics and etc. Do we know what a XRT really handles like? Do we know if the curbs at KY national are really like that? No we don't because the content is not real. What other sims have failed at is reproducing real content. Of course most ppl (if not all) don't know what the 3 real cars we have now handle like.

I don't know who said this atm, but someone said something about comparing (IIRC it was about comparing a real life car on LFS to the real life car (now I see it was Mike85). Well, we can compare the BF1 to the real thing, do we, not that I have seen. We can already compare everything on the game, does that make it better, once again, no.

I can see the point why people want real content but all we will see is complaining more than people that are satisfied. Then you know what we will see? Polls that will say: "Does the (real life car) handle the same as it does IRL" or "Are you satisfied with the real cars". Apparently the real cars we have now do not satisfy the people that want the real content because they are probably the most unused cars.

As you can see, I am satisfied as of now and I do NOT see a need in adding real content. Of course this is IMO, but go ahead, argue away.

PS: just because I say I am bothered by getting real content does not mean I would quit the game (people that want real content have not left either).

PSS: btw it is late here, and I am tired and cranky; so maybe it wasn't the best time to post.
I don't care!I like the game and it's getting better and better!

I'm waiting for Patch X and I'm very happy that Scawen takes his time to fix all the bugs. I'm also very happy that he let us know what's going on!!

Thumbs up!!!
maybe yes maybe no
Live for Speed is a racing simulator made by developers. I am perfectly happy with the cars and tracks that the developers have designed and built for us to race. The cars respond nicely to input ( especially with force feed back) and the tracks have more than enough variety for me.
It is evident that the developers really care about their project as evidenced by the constant updates and revisions.
Keep LFS as it is and appreciate the hard work that has already and still is being put into it
Hell no
Why some LFS Fans want to have fantasy material in what is supposed to be a serious Sim is totally incomprehensibly to me. Would they not like to have a Spa, a Suzuka or a Nürburgring? Would they not like to have cars like the F1 or the F2000 car.
Fantasy cars and tracks can be fun, but recreations of real Tracks and cars are even more fun.

The way LFS is developed it seems were going to see that only when Modding is supported after S3.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG