The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Tweaker :Surely by the looks of those graphics VTiRoj, 16 or 24 HVS settings should work just fine for you. Your card cannot be THAT old. If you run games and they have these effects, your card is probably pretty bad. But I'd put money on that being a driver issue. Experiment.

Both 16 and 24 produce the same results. I've tried updating the drivers before and that hasnt helped either.

I'll update the drivers again. See if the situation improves
Wheel turn bug??
Changing wheel turn has no effect ? It works fine in W but not in W32.
I have a DFP wheel...

~b
Hmm, odd. I downloaded the drivers from the NVidia site, which turned out to be older than the ones I have already. I installed them anyway, knowing I could system restore if anything went poop. And it did go poop. After the drivers installed, LFS refused to open. So, a system restore later, and I'm back to square one.

It seems I have pretty much the most up to date drivers, so I'm sure the GFX card itself is the problem. However, it has no warranty, and I dont have the standard item either. Guess I should really take this to a computer shop.
Quote from 510N3D :dont know if this has been mentioned before, theres a bug(?) in the chat where not the hole text will be displayed. In the picture you can see i have typed 3 times a-z and my mate Blaster showed what he can see.

Yes it has been mentioned before but I could not reproduce it, so could not fix it. I have a good idea for a "true" fix for this (without debugging the existing problem) but it requires an incompatible version - I will probably do one incompatible version early in the week - also to "fix" the 1 hour first lap of qualifying time.

Quote from bluejudas :Changing wheel turn has no effect ? It works fine in W but not in W32.
I have a DFP wheel...

It seems ok to me. What effect are you expecting, and not getting?

Quote from VTiRoj :Hmm, odd. I downloaded the drivers from the NVidia site, which turned out to be older than the ones I have already. I installed them anyway, knowing I could system restore if anything went poop. And it did go poop. After the drivers installed, LFS refused to open. So, a system restore later, and I'm back to square one.

It seems I have pretty much the most up to date drivers, so I'm sure the GFX card itself is the problem. However, it has no warranty, and I dont have the standard item either. Guess I should really take this to a computer shop.

If LFS doesn't start after installing new graphics drivers, I think the next step is to try reinstalling DirectX. Either DirectX or graphics drivers is usually the problem, and sometimes DirectX needs to be updated as well to deal with the new graphics drivers.
Problem with Auto Save and Hotlapping.

When I finished hotlapping, I used to press Esc and quit to the garage. It used to save my hotlap. Now it does not, it says Not Recording in the top right corner. This is bit frustrating as I'm used to doing this, I know I should press 1 to save, but as quitting to the garage always worked for me before this is bit getting used to.
Quote from Scawen :Yes it has been mentioned before but I could not reproduce it, so could not fix it. I have a good idea for a "true" fix for this (without debugging the existing problem) but it requires an incompatible version - I will probably do one incompatible version early in the week - also to "fix" the 1 hour first lap of qualifying time.

ok sorry for beeing too lazy to use the seach function and thanks for trying to fix it since this can be really annoying if you can imagine. You type something which might be important and just half of the text is actually beeing displayed on the other end

cheers
Great to see LFS progress slowly but sure. Thanks for all the hard work Scawen, highly appreciated from this site. Please allow me to ask for a small change. If possible make an option to select X minutes race. Steps are now 1,2,3 hours, while pratice can be X minutes. Hopefully it's a small change, if not please consider it for a future patch.
Got a crash when after being connected to W24 (I think) I was connecting to a W32 server (see picture for crash address).

Also got a crash when I was in garage and selecting one of the default colorschemes - the skin was missing so LFS froze totally.

EDIT: Now trying to open LFS W32 again, but getting an error message (picture2.jpg)

EDIT2: I think I found out the reason - my HDD was full.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
picture2.JPG
^ I'm just gonna say LOL and be done with it! :uglyhamme
Quote from russraine :Problem with Auto Save and Hotlapping.

When I finished hotlapping, I used to press Esc and quit to the garage. It used to save my hotlap. Now it does not, it says Not Recording in the top right corner. This is bit frustrating as I'm used to doing this, I know I should press 1 to save, but as quitting to the garage always worked for me before this is bit getting used to.

same, when you go to garage the lap is not saved...
Quote from russraine :Problem with Auto Save and Hotlapping.

Quote from alxf1 :same, when you go to garage the lap is not saved...

I don't think I ever knew that hotlaps were saved if you went into the garage. Maybe that was a bug. I guess it would be an ok option though, if replay saving is set to fully auto save - saved under the same conditions as when a replay is saved if you restart race? I guess that's what you mean?

I wonder if the auto saving condition is correct? Maybe it should only auto save replays if at least one lap is completed, or maybe if a race is completed (if it's a race) or one hot lap is completed (if it's a hotlap).

I'm just trying to think how to prevent every quick restart being saved as a replay. Though I say this without even looking at the existing conditions for auto save - it's a long time since I've thought about that.
Quote from Scawen :
Originally Posted by bluejudas
Changing wheel turn has no effect ? It works fine in W but not in W32.
I have a DFP wheel...

It seems ok to me. What effect are you expecting, and not getting?

I am expecting a difference when the "Wheel turn" is on 90 degrees or 900. There is no change. In version W I can also see the wheel turn (while sitting in cockpit) when i am adjusting the Wheel turn slider, but noting is happening in w32.
Make sure you have wheel turn compensation slider up. If wheel turn compensation is zero, then the wheel turn slider won't do anything.

On my installation, the wheel turn slider does change the in game car wheel for a given fixed position of my G25.
Quote from VTiRoj :Hmm, odd. I downloaded the drivers from the NVidia site, which turned out to be older than the ones I have already. I installed them anyway, knowing I could system restore if anything went poop. And it did go poop. After the drivers installed, LFS refused to open. So, a system restore later, and I'm back to square one.

I had the same with certain mods for F1C a couple of years ago.. I fixed it by _downgrading_ my gfx drivers to an older version. Never found out why it happened, only that I managed to fix it with older drivers.

Maybe you'll need to test a few older versions and find one that works (assuming it does eventually).

Regards,

Ian
I tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the install CD with the card, and its caused the same effects as last time, although this time I couldnt actually get onto my PC, so I had to restore with safe mode

It really is a hopeless card. I think I'll save for a new one
Hot lap auto save feature
Quote from Scawen :I don't think I ever knew that hotlaps were saved if you went into the garage. Maybe that was a bug. I guess it would be an ok option though, if replay saving is set to fully auto save - saved under the same conditions as when a replay is saved if you restart race? I guess that's what you mean?

I wonder if the auto saving condition is correct? Maybe it should only auto save replays if at least one lap is completed, or maybe if a race is completed (if it's a race) or one hot lap is completed (if it's a hotlap).

I'm just trying to think how to prevent every quick restart being saved as a replay. Though I say this without even looking at the existing conditions for auto save - it's a long time since I've thought about that.

How 'bout if there is an option to select that it always saves the hot lap if there is no faster hotlap saved on the computer for the same player... Other times you gotta do it manually...

EDIT: It should also use a systematic naming system for the hotlaps a la "HL-PLAYLIFE-AS1-FOX-0:40:21.spr" or smth similar.
AI Pitting
It seems that when you make your AI's pit during a race, when they return to the track the pit limiter is still on. Is there any commands to turn it off on AI's cars or is this something that needs looking into.
Apparent bug report from 24h race: when someone receives a penalty (drivethrough in this case) at the exact moment he pits, he is not able to leave pits anymore.
Quote from Scawen :Make sure you have wheel turn compensation slider up. If wheel turn compensation is zero, then the wheel turn slider won't do anything.

On my installation, the wheel turn slider does change the in game car wheel for a given fixed position of my G25.

You are so correct... I thing my brain needs to go to :ambulance ....
Sorry for spamming :smurf:
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :I think its an improvement that AI not automatically repair and make best of car. Within the limits of current AI they solve most pileups (although it take time). Problems arise if they flip over it seems.

Seems so; I experienced a huge AI pile-up on fern bay's rallycross track (with untrained PRO AI) and more than half of the AI remained stuck because they were either up-side down, stuck on a hill or (somewhat)closed in (It was funny to see them all fly at the same spot, though). I think only 5 out of 19 or so managed to finish the 3-lap race.... the cars being a combination of XRT's, RB4's and FXO's.
I just encountered a repeatable perforamance issue on my laptop P4 2.2 GeForce Go 440.
When I the mirrors are SHIFT-Md to ALL it's fine, Real, Fine, but when *just* on Virtual performance tanks to 2-3 FPS. The very strange thing is, with all of them ( 1 virtual + 2 real ) it's fine, and 2 real is fine too, but when just using the 1 virtual it skidded to a halt.
This is the worst thing that happened in LFS
Attached images
This is HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.JPG
Hi Two things.

I'm considering downloading the patch.

1. Do I need to download all the W+ patches since vers W was released or jus tthe last one.

2. If I do d/l n install it, will I be able to connect to servers not using the patch?

Venus
1) Just the latest one
2) No
Quote from AndroidXP :1) Just the latest one
2) No

You can however copy your current LFS folder to a new location then apply the patch to the copy. You then will have two versions of LFS which you can run.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG