The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Glenn67 :You can however copy your current LFS folder to a new location then apply the patch to the copy. You then will have two versions of LFS which you can run.

Or you simply rename the original LFS.exe before applying the patch, which just works as well.
Quote from AndroidXP :Or you simply rename the original LFS.exe before applying the patch, which just works as well.

Yeah but it does have some minor drawbacks. Settings such as digital speedo, show pedals and things like that might get changed. Or reset. And if you switch between two different enough versions you might end up with a locked copy of LFS.

Use with care.
Yeah, having W32 and W in the same folder isn't very good. The controls get reset when you change versions. It was only a small nuisance to change few options before W30, but now you need to completely reconfigure your controls.
Quote from ethan520 :This is the worst thing that happened in LFS

Nah the worst thing in LFS is the unlimited (time) nature of the demo should be three months limited
#55 - FL!P
Ingame Menu's Buttons
I know it's only cosmetic and has already been discussed, but I think the ingame menu really has an unfinished look, now, because of the way the hotkeys are displayed.

The attached screenshot shows a couple of simple changes I'd suggest to make it look better.
Attached images
menuscreenshot.jpg
Quote from VTiRoj :Can I ask why its being removed? It would be okay if it was put back when patch X is released, but I must ask why it is removed

Since when I use my GFX card, it creates some horrid effects all over the place (see screenshots), and I use the HVS options to stop it, but since you removed this option, I cannot stop the effects.

I know its not worth adding/removing something for 1 person, but its worth a try

please try to turn off write combine in windows instead of turning off hvs, i had a similar issue and it ended up being that option in windows to cause the missing triangles.
Attached images
write-combine.JPG
I do not know how exactly the AI reacted before (< W32), but today in a SP race with 19 AIs, they do something strange after an accident. Please have a look at my SPR. Unfortunately the SPR have a size of ~ 20 MB (~12 MB zipped). Switch to AI "Jacqueline" and do fast forward to around 1 min 30 seconds (round 1 of 10)... I don't unterstand, why some cars don't drive away after that accident. Possible useful for later AI releases?

Yes, I know, AI does have an old state and this will be the one of the next work of Scawen, but it's possible, that this was why he have done some fixes with patch W32 too.

At the end of the race an AI can't reset because it remained hang on a fence. AVI-Clip (10 MB)

I hope, you understand my bad english.
Can't believe there are so many AI posts and requests.. Such a waste of Scawen's time as i understood he will work on it after Patch X.. "Great"..
#59 - Don
Quote from FL!P :I know it's only cosmetic and has already been discussed, but I think the ingame menu really has an unfinished look, now, because of the way the hotkeys are displayed.

The attached screenshot shows a couple of simple changes I'd suggest to make it look better.

That or as i suggested here - i wouldnt mind dropping that idea completely and write the key shortcuts to proper place, where it imho belongs.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can't believe there are so many AI posts and requests.. Such a waste of Scawen's time as i understood he will work on it after Patch X.. "Great"..

I totally agree with you, mate. C'mon guys, whats the point playing with bots?
Quote from Don :That or as i suggested here - i wouldnt mind dropping that idea completely and write the key shortcuts to proper place, where it imho belongs.

I like how it looks.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Can't believe there are so many AI posts and requests.. Such a waste of Scawen's time as i understood he will work on it after Patch X.. "Great"..

Quote from pauliaK :I totally agree with you, mate. C'mon guys, whats the point playing with bots?

That's why:

Quote from Scawen :Well, AI is next thing to be worked on after patch X is released. It will take some weeks, I can't really do anything very quickly. However, W32 was supposed to make it that any AI who can't reset, do try to drive away without resetting. I'm interested in situations where that is not working.

controller difficulties!
When racing in W32, my controller settings are fine but when i go back to W, the controller settings are all different like wheel settings - the buttons are different to what i had been using.

This mightent refer to W32 but it could
Quote from niall09 :When racing in W32, my controller settings are fine but when i go back to W, the controller settings are all different like wheel settings - the buttons are different to what i had been using.

This mightent refer to W32 but it could

Happens to me to.
#65 - Jakg
if you using 2 different .exe's in the same folder then it's normal - it seems each version writes the files differently, it's happening for me, too
is it a bug?
No. Just don't run 2 different versions in one folder!
#68 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :if you using 2 different .exe's in the same folder then it's normal - it seems each version writes the files differently, it's happening for me, too

Quote from faster111 :is it a bug?

Quote from Scawen :
Well, AI is next thing to be worked on after patch X is released. It will take some weeks, I can't really do anything very quickly. However, W32 was supposed to make it that any AI who can't reset, do try to drive away without resetting. I'm interested in situations where that is not working.

I am very glad to read this, AI-drivers were very frustrating in single-player mode
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I've got errors in the new skin naming system!

it says: could not find lisned texture: (car name and skin here. EX: XRR_skin1) then LFS froze
I had to shut down the computer and restart! firts time ever in my 6 months of playing LFS!

Quote from PLAYLIFE :Also got a crash when I was in garage and selecting one of the default colorschemes - the skin was missing so LFS froze totally.

I've just been trying to reproduce this freeze bug reported by two people, but can't find a way to do it.

I've tried deleting either the skin.jpg and skin.dds, or both, then selecting the colour scheme that refers to it. When the skins weren't available, I got the default white skin, no freeze. I tried this in both skin modes "compressed" and "full".

Is anyone able to reprodce this? Zachary Zoomy and PLAYLIFE, please can you give a description of exactly how you did this, what is in what folder and which buttons you clicked, and if "Car and helmet skins" option is set to compressed or full - and can you reproduce this bug?
On a side note, while testing to get a streamlined LFS to run as a tweak dedi, I removed nearly all textures, and such, and the tracks would in fact still load and be drivable with no freezes.

Don't know if that helps you any Scawen, just some little bits of data I collected whilst testing.
Scawen, Can you please change the way skins are being downloaded when a New player connects it realy is killing the gameplay atm, Everytime a new player connect and exit pit the skin will start downloading and that Freezee up computer for 2-3sec with end up me slaming into a wall or someone or just get a hugh fram drop. suggest to give new connected players skins to be downaloaded after race is over or beffor next restart or just make sure thy cant exit pit untile race that is in progress is over with would be the best couse that would stop 60% of all wreaking.
You can turn the auto skindownload off yourself under Misc Options(I think).

When some new players connected you can then turn it on again after a race finished and wait until every skin is downloaded to turn it off again. Or you can download them from a replay later.
Quote from darkfate :Scawen, Can you please change the way skins are being downloaded when a New player connects it realy is killing the gameplay atm, Everytime a new player connect and exit pit the skin will start downloading and that Freezee up computer for 2-3sec with end up me slaming into a wall or someone or just get a hugh fram drop. suggest to give new connected players skins to be downaloaded after race is over or beffor next restart or just make sure thy cant exit pit untile race that is in progress is over with would be the best couse that would stop 60% of all wreaking.

I don't think that happens for most people - the glitch at start of downloading us usually very small. I don't know if it's your computer or your internet connection. But all I can suggest is turn off the auto download while you are driving (as zeugnimod said - you can turn it on again at the end of a race to get some skins).
Quote from mkinnov8 :Possible bug with W10:

Load up LFS, single player any track/config/car combo.
Enter Shift+U
Place an object, place another
Delete the second object
Try to place another

LFS will not allow another object to be placed.

Tried saving, returning to lobby and reloading track, re-entering Shift+U but still LFS refuses to let an object be placed.

I can't reproduce this one. Do you still get this bug or has it been fixed somewhere along the way?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W32 (now W33)
(119 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG