The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :B) I get a LOT of stuttering when using high-res skins. The worst case was a few seconds where a car actually paused on screen for a few seconds and the sound "skipped". That was about 3 seconds (!)

Same here, LFS were running with 90 fps++ before, now its stuck on 60fps and I get the stuttering to, it seems like it is the computers fault, but it happened after the new skin system.
60 fps - vSync is now enabled by default :P
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :[...]
A) When trying to save a replay right now, I saved it and went to view it and got only a black screen with sound. I could not exit LFS, I had to end the process. Repeating the same steps did not reproduce it, so I realise this post is useless but I thought I'd mention it.
[...]

well... i have this sometimes when I'm racing... using ICQ and Skype and driving not in full screen... if I'm switching into Full Screen, there is only a black screen, but it happens with W0 aswell...
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
B) I get a LOT of stuttering when using high-res skins. The worst case was a few seconds where a car actually paused on screen for a few seconds and the sound "skipped". That was about 3 seconds (!)

Yes, same here. Not the loading, but the converting seems to cause this shuttering.
Maybe setting the converting process to low priority should solve the problem.
Quote from TFalke55 :well... i have this sometimes when I'm racing... using ICQ and Skype and driving not in full screen... if I'm switching into Full Screen, there is only a black screen, but it happens with W0 aswell...

The same here. Not often but sometimes when I switch from window to full screen mode I get a black LFS screen.
#106 - hda
Quote from tomylee :The same here. Not often but sometimes when I switch from window to full screen mode I get a black LFS screen.

happens to me as well.. but not only with this patch.. this keeps happening since i remember
Quote from tomylee :The same here. Not often but sometimes when I switch from window to full screen mode I get a black LFS screen.

Yep, happens to me too .. since I can remember
Don't know if Scawen remembers me having a graphics problem with LFS - the whole games gfx would go wrong, the menus would all be white and the tracks and cars have no textures or rendering etc.

Well it still happens every now and then, say once a month, but usually happens when using Alt Tab and Shift and F4 a lot in one LFS session.
Quote from russraine :Don't know if Scawen remembers me having a graphics problem with LFS - the whole games gfx would go wrong, the menus would all be white and the tracks and cars have no textures or rendering etc.

Well it still happens every now and then, say once a month, but usually happens when using Alt Tab and Shift and F4 a lot in one LFS session.

¨My advice would be to only use the Shift - F4 method.
A few improvements and fixes : W25
Fully compatible so it's not very important to upgrade your dedicated hosts, except for testing purposes.

Now supporting TrackIR with 6 degrees of freedom
Button look is now added to the yaw output of TrackIR
Automatic unpause when starting or restarting a replay
Ignition key "I" is now assignable to any key or button
Pit instructions fuel load can now be adjusted in 1% steps
Pit instructions and live settings now work in single player
SHIFT+G gear shift selection no longer stops replay recording

InSim :

Admins can now use the IS_REO (race reorder) packet
New packet IS_MSX - allows typing of longer messages
New packet IS_MSL - output a message on local computer

FIXES :

SPR with pit stop would often go out of sync at the pit stop
SPR with different help flags could go OOS when changing view
If reset allowed - driving out of bounds results in safe reset
AI drivers reset now safe - no reset if it could cause a crash
Oh nice work Scawen!
Quote from Scawen :

Woo hoo! Ta my man!
Quote from Scawen :

Nice, thank you!
there's a problem with the helmet skins, I've copied a new skin to skins directory then run lfs... and it looks like it didn't convert it... as it's not in the helmet skins list
Quote from Scawen :

Small but very good changes - especially the "Pit instructions and live settings now work in single player"
Small but good improvements indeed.

One question; When I watch the balance by the three GTR cars there's NO handicapp mass reduction, only the volonteer one? This means all the GTR's are in the same bhp/ton now, XRR and FZR weight are 1100 kg and the FXR 1120. A bug or do you now have balanced the cars "inside"?
Quote from Cawwa :One question; When I watch the balance by the three GTR cars there's NO handicapp mass reduction, only the volonteer one? This means all the GTR's are in the same bhp/ton now, XRR and FZR weight are 1100 kg and the FXR 1120. A bug or do you now have balanced the cars "inside"?

The handicaps are only online.
Quote from Scawen :

WARNING 2 : SKINS ARE CONVERTED THE FIRST TIME YOU RUN THE TEST PATCH - IT TAKES 2 MINUTES OR SO

what?? to me takes 30 minutes, thats why i deleted all my skins
Doh ... there you see how often I drive offline. Thx ....

Ok, 80kg for the FZR, 40kg for the XRR and nothing at FXR must be better then before ...
game is crashing when whatching replay after about 2-3sec. (W25) OOS Error
Quote from Cawwa :Small but good improvements indeed.

One question; When I watch the balance by the three GTR cars there's NO handicapp mass reduction, only the volonteer one? This means all the GTR's are in the same bhp/ton now, XRR and FZR weight are 1100 kg and the FXR 1120. A bug or do you now have balanced the cars "inside"?

the balance only works in multi, no change in solo.
(oups I did not see the next page)
Totally useless post: Just wanted to let Scawen know the 6DOF works very well, and the limits seem decent. I can lift my head out of the car, though. Maybe set up a 'box' or some limits for the view to move? This could be applied to the g-force movement as well, unless you want to model broken windows.. Good job, Scawen!
Quote from The Stig PL :game is crashing when whatching replay after about 2-3sec. (W25) OOS Error

It might help to attach the replay. And what version of LFS was it recorded with?
I cannot play W24 replays anymore, LFS just stucks but isn't crashed (ESC works). Replays recorded with W25 are playable.
Attached images
Untitled10.jpg
Quote from ussbeethoven :I cannot play W24 replays anymore, LFS just stucks with this but isn't crashed (ESC works).

Same here. Cannot play W9-W24 replays.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG