The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
bug report
Reporting a bug with latest test patch (w23 not w24), happend twice but when tried to replicate for 3rd time to get picture, it not happening anymore.

When loading XFGti on Blackwood Rev - the driver model was not right. The driver was standing up in the car and his chest and head were out of the roof, this was visable from all angles, also in car view was not selectable with the letter V as usual, it appeared from the drivers heads perspective, who was out of the car.

Will grab picture if happens again.
Quote from Scawen :When it said "pits" to you, that was because it was waiting for a player to connect. in the past it would have said "Can't pit - a player is connecting". But you know how many complaints there were about that. Now it registers what you want to do, and does it as soon as it's possible to do so. It's a bit strange that it lasted a minute - I would have thought such a slow joining player would have timed out by then.

Anyway, that's the reason, someone took a long time to connect.

Ah, thanks. Freaked me out a bit when it happened--good to know it's planned. :]
Updated first post to W24 :

Improved the "new colours" system - combined with skin selection
Skins in skins folder are not converted to dds if using full skins
Escape menu now looks better and is less cramped

FIXES :

Q / X / ESC / ENTER keys did not exit from pits if player in race
The TAB key did not work with /press /ctrl and /shift commands
Can i charge you guys also for my bandwith use
Another patch...2 patches in 1 day LOLZ
Quote from Scawen :Escape menu now looks better

Yes, it does
Scawen,

Is updating the dedicated server files needed for every patch, or can you indicate when you post a new test patch whether there are server sided changes?
#32 - Don
Quote from Scawen :
Escape menu now looks better and is less cramped

Do you really insist on the key shortcuts to be displayed in the ESC menu? IMHO, it will never look better with the shortcuts displayed there. It just looks much better and simpler without them. And my guess is, that people who`d use key shortcuts, are a bit of "pc geeks", so they`d read those shortcuts in keys.pdf - and for the "noobs", i guess they can just press ESC and click - its not that much work for them

Or maybe the best idea would be to add those key shortcuts into the list of reserved keys? that list needs update anyway (missing things like shift+u, F9, F10, F11, F12 etc...also, there is still the old replay speedup/slodown key shortcut SHIFT+F2/F3 [now its just F2/F3])
Attached images
keys.jpg
A w24 crash reported by a user in the german forum, happened when leaving the pits.

Edit: -1 for DoN's suggestion, as most people actually don't look into the keys.pdf and the shortcuts are quite handy, even for newbies.
Attached images
crashw24.jpg
+1 for Don
hi,

i only have 6 server using W24.

back to w23 i have 139 server.

Fixed!

sorry for that.
-
(GeForz) DELETED by GeForz
With patch W24 in Multiplayer mode there is no "Replay 2" button in the "Escape Menu".
Since there is one in the "Escape Menu" of the single player mode shouldn't also be one in the Multiplayer?

Nothing much really.
Actually I didn't know if the omition was intentional (because the 2 key in multiplayer does not save the replay automatically -as it does the 1 key in single player- but prompts you for a name) or a glitch, but thought to mention that anyway.
Thanks for the exit pit keys scawen!
What I noticed is, that the small glass on the FOX seems to be not transparent for the yellow pitlane (not ever and everywhere but often) - I can see the track trough it but not the yellow line. (in version W)
Quote from Scawen :Skins in skins folder are not converted to dds if using full skins

Can anyone explain why this is so and what it means? I thought skins HAD to be converted to DDS for LFS to use them. Sorry for my brain fail.

Much thanks for all the hard work. It's
Scawen, I think I have found a bug with test patch W23. I am pretty sure I haven't seen it mentioned before and I hadn't noticed it prior.
Occurred during a recent league race in which after I pitted all the tyre/skid marks disappeared and starting afresh.
I do know that the other racers online were not affected with this at the time, so it was only seen by me locally. It can be clearly seen from the replay, which I have showed with the following screen shots.

Interesting thing is that the skid marks cleared as I drove around the lap immediately after my pit, any car behind me also had refreshed skid marks while the cars on any corner ahead of me still had the original skid marks visible within the replay (refer last 2 screen shots).

Further Info:
Client = Test Patch W23 (Hi-Res Skin D/L active)
Server = Test Patch W17 (GSA-XGN OzBee-R)
Circuit = Kyoto National - Race
Attached images
1_Before_Pitstop.jpg
2_Before_Pitstop.jpg
3_After_Pitstop.jpg
4_After_Pitstop.jpg
5_Leader_After_Pitstop.jpg
6_Back_of_Field_After_Pitstop.jpg
Hmmm that is rather odd!
Quote from AndreABG :What I noticed is, that the small glass on the FOX seems to be not transparent for the yellow pitlane (not ever and everywhere but often) - I can see the track trough it but not the yellow line. (in version W)

I can confirm.
Attached images
lfs_00000003.JPG
Quote from AndreABG :What I noticed is, that the small glass on the FOX seems to be not transparent for the yellow pitlane (not ever and everywhere but often) - I can see the track trough it but not the yellow line. (in version W)

This isnt a new thing, it has been like this for as long as I can remember
The fox thing is because your graphics card will only store 1 z-index (distance from camera) for each pixel, but the transparency means that more than one point in distance is visible. The result is that transparent objects that are over other transparent objects can result in miss-renders - it's not really LFS' fault in fairness. One day the graphics card industry will stop putting all their development into pushing more polygons and look at problems like this.
Becky so why the its possible in other games and not in LFS.Its LFS fault as it can draw other things thru the windshield but the yellow line not.
Quote from JasonJ :Can anyone explain why this is so and what it means? I thought skins HAD to be converted to DDS for LFS to use them. Sorry for my brain fail.

Some people want to use uncompressed textures for the skins they have manually put in their skins folder. That is the Graphics Options "Car and helmet skins = full". It's not something I would recommend online due to the slower load times and greater memory usage but some people have very fast computers with a lot of graphics card memory and they want to do that to see slightly better skins (uncompressed) on their local car or their friends cars (if they manually got a skin from someone else).

Anyway, if "Car and helmet skins" is set to "full" rather than "compressed", W24 has an improvement that in that case, it will not convert the jpg skins in the skins folder, into dds skins in the skins_dds folder. That can be beneificial for people who have downloaded a lot of jpg skins and don't want to waste hard drive space creating compressed skins that they don't use.

However, automatically downloaded skins are still saved and used in compressed format regardless of that setting.
Quote from Becky Rose :The fox thing is because your graphics card will only store 1 z-index (distance from camera) for each pixel, but the transparency means that more than one point in distance is visible. The result is that transparent objects that are over other transparent objects can result in miss-renders - it's not really LFS' fault in fairness. One day the graphics card industry will stop putting all their development into pushing more polygons and look at problems like this.

this only becomes a problem if you do these things with multiple polygon layers like lfs appears to do it (floating pit lines) if you were to apply the pitlines to the road textures things would turn out different

Quote from Scawen :However, automatically downloaded skins are still saved and used in compressed format regardless of that setting.

mind if i ask for the reasoning behind not being able to turn that off if i prefer uncompressed autodownloadskins ?
Quote from Becky Rose :The fox thing is because your graphics card will only store 1 z-index (distance from camera) for each pixel, but the transparency means that more than one point in distance is visible. The result is that transparent objects that are over other transparent objects can result in miss-renders - it's not really LFS' fault in fairness. One day the graphics card industry will stop putting all their development into pushing more polygons and look at problems like this.

It's not really the fault of the graphics card as the program can work around it by sorting all transparent objects relative to the camera and rendering the farther things back first. While not possible in all cases, it would seem like the transparent parts of the car model could always be rendered after the transparent polygons on the roadway.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG