The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
Please refer to lfs/docs/commands.txt for more information on other useful commands for scripts and controller buttons.
Quote from Scawen :the text command is :

/shift P

not

/shift+p

oops, thanks for clearing that up Scawen. Was a little "+" happy.
I know the suggestion shouldnt come here but when reading the thread in General sections about "would you pay for skins...." a lot of people asking if would be possible to select only to download Hi-res car skins or Hi-res helmets.

ON/OFF hi-res Car skins
ON/OFF hi-res Helmets skins

I thought for W25.....
So, what's wrong with how it is now?

There is already a separate switch for each of them.
Well maybe I am blind but I dont think its possible when you want to download hi-res skins then you can do it only for car skins.You download both.IF yes then I am really sorry...

People said they dont care much about hi-res(1024) helmet skins and would like to pay rather for car skins without the helmet skins.
#81 - axus
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Well maybe I am blind but I dont think its possible when you want to download hi-res skins then you can do it only for car skins.You download both.IF yes then I am really sorry...

People said they dont care much about hi-res(1024) helmet skins and would like to pay rather for car skins without the helmet skins.

High res car skins are 1024x1024, high res helmet skins are 512x512. It's already possible to only use your high res skin "credits" for car skins only.
Attached images
SkinOptions.JPG
#82 - troy
to quote your sig "You have a brain you know - use it!"

if you have a look in the options you can already chose if you want to download 1024 car skins and 512 helmet or 1024 car and 256 helmet

edit: damn to slow
I was at the office and reading the thread about the skins downloading for money in the general sections I was under impression reading various post that its not possible to donwload only hires car skins and you have to download both car and helmet skins.I applogize for the wrong posts then.
Just got; Warning : Road tyres on rallycross track with south city sprint 2...
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Quote from MillerM :Just got; Warning : Road tyres on rallycross track with south city sprint 2...

I had this before.. I dont think this is new. And im pretty sure many others have aswell.
Lol you ppl are kidding. It has always been there to warn you you are using "wrong" tires. However some setups use those tires. especially on UF1000.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Lol you ppl are kidding. It has always been there to warn you you are using "wrong" tires. However some setups use those tires. especially on UF1000.

SO Sprint 2 isn't a rallycross track.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Lol you ppl are kidding. It has always been there to warn you you are using "wrong" tires. However some setups use those tires. especially on UF1000.

but SO Sprint2 isn't a rallycross track. The message states that So Sp2 is a rallycross track and theirfor the roadtires are wrong, not the offroad ones

ps: too slow...
hmm... ok but does not seem that area has been worked on, so rather strange.
is this the latest patch,and when does it become official ?
The next official Patch is X and that will probably be out during the next weeks.

(And yes, it is the latest. Everytime, a new patch appears, the thread for the old one gets closed.)
Quote from zeugnimod :The next official Patch is X and that will probably be out during the next weeks.

(And yes, it is the latest. Everytime, a new patch appears, the thread for the old one gets closed.)

Ok thank's mate
Quote from zeugnimod :The next official Patch is X and that will probably be out during the next weeks.

Nope, in 2 weeks (June).
Well, Scawen said in some post that the release was originally planned for the 25th, but he has now moved that back a week into June so he has the time to properly finish off this version.

Actually: Source
small Patch W Question (i hope it fits here):
When capturing movies sooner i was able to look around in the cockpit AND in Custom view - since W this is only possible in Custom view.
Was that planned?
Can i have my "movi'n Head" back in Cockpit view pls?

Edit: i am talking aboput MPR Replay only.
Quote from Andreas Grauel :Just tell me how u will know about it?
Scawen once said Patch X will be out in 1-2 Weeks and this was a while ago so just be patient and wait... I guess even Scawen doesnt know when he is done!

Cause I have each day a call from Scawen
Quote from MillerM :Just got; Warning : Road tyres on rallycross track with south city sprint 2...

Yes that is strange. It's an old bug though... I've looked into it before but couldn't see anything wrong with the code.

The problem is no-one has found a way to reproduce it. Maybe it's related to how you selected the track, what you had selected before, how you entered LFS, that kind of thing.

If there was a way to make it happen every time (or at least often) then I'm sure I could fix it.
Not sure on this, but can it be that skin names have a 23 character limit (including extension)? I recently had LFS complain every time on startup that "data/skins/XFR_AXP_RBW_small_l.jpg" could not be opened, and when I looked there I had a file named "XFR_AXP_RBW_small_lfsw.jpg". Renaming it fixed the warning message, so it's nothing really important.
Quote from Scawen :Yes that is strange. It's an old bug though... I've looked into it before but couldn't see anything wrong with the code.

The problem is no-one has found a way to reproduce it. Maybe it's related to how you selected the track, what you had selected before, how you entered LFS, that kind of thing.

If there was a way to make it happen every time (or at least often) then I'm sure I could fix it.

I got it too on westhill with the TBO cars and the LX4. Annyway, I just entered the garage several times and finally the message stopped to appear.
** BUG, and odd aero behaviour **

A) When trying to save a replay right now, I saved it and went to view it and got only a black screen with sound. I could not exit LFS, I had to end the process. Repeating the same steps did not reproduce it, so I realise this post is useless but I thought I'd mention it.

B) I get a LOT of stuttering when using high-res skins. The worst case was a few seconds where a car actually paused on screen for a few seconds and the sound "skipped". That was about 3 seconds (!)

C) Cars driving over top of you on a bridge cause your car to be affected aerodynamically! See the attached replay. I come out of the pits, and come to a stop under the bridge. A car goes over the bridge a few seconds after, and you can see my car shift side to side like it was subjected to the wind of the car on the bridge above. Best seen in cockpit view I didn't know there was any interaction aerodyanmically between cars; how does this work?
Attached files
wind tunnel.mpr - 600.3 KB - 298 views
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG