The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
I have no problem reading any spr of any version
With TrackIR, I cannot move my head sideways when using a custom view. Also, when I move my head outside the TrackIR tracking area the view immediately snaps back into the center position. It would be better if it would stay where it was last (When I move my head just a bit too much the sudden view jumping is a bit annoying)
TrackIR 6DOF: excellent, I have been waiting for this for a long time! The subtle movements of the eyepoint as you lean into a corner or shift in your seat as you look around really help to bring the game alive. Nice work and thank you Scawen.
In single player when running AI, if the AI crashes and attempts a repair, the warning messages 'Can't reset - would cause a yellow flag' and/or 'Can't reset - could hit another car' are sometimes displayed repeatedly, as shown in the attached screengrab. Several of these messages seem to be displayed for each 'AI repair' and the messages are sometimes displayed over and over again, lap after lap even if there are no new 'AI repair' messages. It can be very distracting.
Attached images
lfs_w25_repairmessages.jpg
What about disabling all those AI messages? Imo they aren't of any use for us anyway.
Quote from The Stig PL :game is crashing when whatching replay after about 2-3sec. (W25) OOS Error

Quote from Kid222 :Same here. Cannot play W9-W24 replays.

Quote from Flotch :I have no problem reading any spr of any version

I don't really mind if any SPR from an older version goes OOS, except for hotlaps - it's important that all S to W24 hotlap replays should be playable. If hotlaps are OOS then I must fix it.

But anyway I am surprised that your other ones are going OOS, I would have expected them to go OOS only if you make a pit stop.
Quote from Scawen :No, you only need W installed before this test patch.

If S2 was released as fast as you reply lol

Thank you Scawen
Definately something is wrong with replays now.
I just have some nice races in w25 - recorded one replay..and now i can't play it...it just give me blue background and connection list...and nothng else(no sounds , no errors)...esc works... tested on w24 and replay works there so....

here it is
Attached files
paps and kamo.mpr - 385.2 KB - 172 views
Quote from kamo2000 :Definately something is wrong with replays now.
I just have some nice races in w25 - recorded one replay..and now i can't play it...it just give me blue background and connection list...and nothng else(no sounds , no errors)...esc works... tested on w24 and replay works there so....

here it is

I just looked as well i see no errors only the connection list and a blue light background and no sound.
Quote from Scawen :I don't really mind if any SPR from an older version goes OOS, except for hotlaps - it's important that all S to W24 hotlap replays should be playable. If hotlaps are OOS then I must fix it.

But anyway I am surprised that your other ones are going OOS, I would have expected them to go OOS only if you make a pit stop.

Not SPR's, but MPR's... like kamo2000's example.
Quote from Kid222 :Not SPR's, but MPR's... like kamo2000's example.

MPRs from older versions aren't supposed to be playable. Kamo2000's problem with W25 replays sounds like a bug though.
Yep, I can't play any MPR form W17 till W25, all stuck on the start with blue background like kamo described. All SPRs work ok though.
same here...
The 6DOF works amazingly well. I understand this isn't a simple plug n play feature by scawen as this seems to work better than MS Flight Simulator The leaning is correct when you look behind, which makes the whole experience seem quite realistic. The only problem is the clipping, but I don't think there's any justification to try and correct that for such a small user base. If your TIR is set up correctly you shouldn't be clipping during normal use. For example, I usually sit back a fair bit from my desk, so in the FOX my view was clipping through the intake when I looked behind. All I had to do was roll my seat forward a bit

Congrats scawen, and THANKS for a wonderful feature. My TIR will now get a workout

ps: leaning though corners is fuuuun

pps: I've uploaded a quick video to youtube demonstrating 6DOF in LFS, check it out here.
(saves for a TrackIR in hope it will make my FSing and LFSing more fun.
A problem with the AI and car reset rules: if two or more AI crash in close proximity to one another (e.g. they crashed into one another) and need to reset, they can't. Car A can't reset because car B is nearby and vice versa. The result is that they get stuck in an endless cycle where each prevents the other from resetting and they remain stuck where they are for the duration of the session. Some of the tight corners in South City can end up being a veritable wreckers yard as more and more AI crash into their immobilized brethren on each successive lap.

This is what seems to have caused the stream of 'Can't reset' warning messages mentioned in a previous post.
Quote from Scawen :I don't really mind if any SPR from an older version goes OOS, except for hotlaps - it's important that all S to W24 hotlap replays should be playable. If hotlaps are OOS then I must fix it.

hotlaps where the driver has reset his car (spacebar) from V0 version (at least) go OOS when the reset comes (I've noticed this on my hotlap at BL1 with the XRR)....
Quote from BuddhaBing :A problem with the AI and car reset rules: if two or more AI crash in close proximity to one another (e.g. they crashed into one another) and need to reset, they can't. Car A can't reset because car B is nearby and vice versa. The result is that they get stuck in an endless cycle where each prevents the other from resetting and they remain stuck where they are for the duration of the session. Some of the tight corners in South City can end up being a veritable wreckers yard as more and more AI crash into their immobilized brethren on each successive lap.

This is what seems to have caused the stream of 'Can't reset' warning messages mentioned in a previous post.

Would it be possible to save an SPR for me where this is happening? Then I'll be able to work the situation out and try to get a solution. The less cars in the replay, the better for me. Or even just a screen shot of two stuck cars would be good enough. Just so I can see the situation in simple form.

Quote from Flotch :hotlaps where the driver has reset his car (spacebar) from V0 version (at least) go OOS when the reset comes (I've noticed this on my hotlap at BL1 with the XRR)....

Yes, I remembered this after my post yesterday. Any old replays with a reset or pit stop won't work - including hotlaps. Reset and pit stops are done a different way now.

Technical explanation : In fact the SPR can now store "multiplayer packets" if I make it do so in each case, that's how the reset is done now and that's why you can change your control settings during an SPR and do the live settings, etc. It will make various things easier to include in single player mode in future.
Quote from BuddhaBing :A problem with the AI and car reset rules: if two or more AI crash in close proximity to one another (e.g. they crashed into one another) and need to reset, they can't.

Car reset is unrealistic and ruins races. I guess its enabled in single player because there is no limit of lfs-installations. More than one people can use the single-player mode at the same time, because no online connection is needed to play it. Its just a copy protection, because if u wanna disable car reset u must go online. If a car wrecked its wrecked it must drive with the damage, and if it total wrecked and no more moveable is the race over for the car, every other behavior is just no fun. What a magic auto-repair on track....
Quote from kamo2000 :Definately something is wrong with replays now.

here it is

Can confirm with your MPR replay.Only background,connection list and no sound.ESC worked for me as well.

I am using W25 now.

EDITED: - Bug report - MPR replay cant play
I joined W23 host(24 train server #1). Saved replay and when tried to play it I get the same problem as Kamo.When the replay is loaded I am stuck at background screen,no sound,connection list visible only and thats all.ESC work at least.
Attached files
test w25.mpr - 1.2 MB - 153 views
Thanks for the extra TrackIR support, you guys rock
TIR is first class. Don't fiddle with it any more. I'll go as far as to say that 6dof in LFS is the best I have ever experienced.
Quote from Scawen :Would it be possible to save an SPR for me where this is happening? Then I'll be able to work the situation out and try to get a solution. The less cars in the replay, the better for me. Or even just a screen shot of two stuck cars would be good enough. Just so I can see the situation in simple form.

Here a pic of that AI reset problem
Attached images
SO-pileup.jpg
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W25 (compatible with W17)
(151 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG