The online racing simulator
Yeah, as long as they aren't segregating the cars it should be ok, I think. Should have as equal distribution of car types per server as possible, though.
Exactly my point yeah. Because Endurance races aren't just about lasting a long time racing against the same class... and if we have all these other classes available, there should be an equal mix on every server. Though, that still makes the racing kind of "imaginary" because you'll probably never race about 3/4 of all the opponents in your class, because they'd be in a different server .
#78 - Jakg
Quote from Leifde :I want to enter a team as it would be a fun thing to do but it's just after my GCSEs start so I'll be revising

same here, but the week after i;ve got 2 exams a day, and the week before i have a few
Quote from Tweaker :that still makes the racing kind of "imaginary" because you'll probably never race about 3/4 of all the opponents in your class, because they'd be in a different server .

Well, in any of the 24h races we have driven so far, there has never been real racing tbh after more than 50 laps. If you pass someone you are racing with, its mostly lapping them, or just a few laps race until someone pits. Real racing and fighting is too tire expensive in a longrun, you just loose time.

However, the past racse showed us that the teams tell their drivers over team speak how fast the others are, and you miss almost no laptimes from the opponents
That is real endurance racing, which is kinda different to the racing at the MoE, where you are mostly hotlapping. The slow cars give it a totally different feeling. Ever benn passed by a car that is 150kmh faster that you? Or passed a car that was 150kmh slower that you?
Thats really difficult and requires a completely different driving. Every team should practise this before the race starts.
Wait, so we CAN sign up alone? one of the ZT team PM'ed a member of my team telling him that i would HAVE to have a teammate.

Chrineag or soemthing like that
At first we didn't want to allow 1 man teams, but now we don't care anymore
I mean, Chrinaeg allowed one guy to race alone, but this doesn't make sense if one is allowed and others are not. So now you can drive also alone.
I got that same PM from Chrinaeg, but I said that in the thread I was told that I was allowed to do a 1 man race.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Wait, so we CAN sign up alone? one of the ZT team PM'ed a member of my team telling him that i would HAVE to have a teammate.

Chrineag or soemthing like that

Umm...is he going to move his PC/wheel into the wash room? Tell him to remember to assign a special key to the Ventrilo/Teamspeak "mute microphone" button when he needs some "relief".

On a more serious note, are there any spots left for a team?
I dunno, if I can't drive alone, I'm not going to bother with the race, or I'll get my friend to do an entire 1 lap stint.
You will definetely be allowed to race alone, exactly because of this reason: we cant really make a rule that defines how many laps each racer must drive to cound him as driver. I mean, you could sign up a 4 racer team, and the first 3 drive 1 lap each, and you the rest

Driving alone IS ALLOWED.
period
But remember to drive to the pit lane if you need to go to the toliet ^^
No, I prefer to park in T1... <.< :P
Would be nice if you increase max driver for each team at least to 6.
+1 for increasing the driver limit per team to 6.
Actually i plan to take a leak and crap when the car is in the pits, service the car and driver in one go
The max drivers wont be increased. This was discussed altready a long time here, and even more in the German forum, and the result was 4 as maximum.
If you have 6 drivers, its a much better idea to start 2 teams with 3 racers each, because there might always be technical problems, like disconnects.
And as we saw at the last 24h race from the MoE, you can lose a race with those disconnects. (I think Ocrana was really unlucky there)
what have technical difficulties of individual drivers to do with the maximum number of teammates? 6 racers of one team can start with 6 individual teams even if the maximum teammember number is actually 6.

it's quiet the opposite of your statement, orion. if a driver has problems with his pc, its better if there are more drivers who can jump in for him.

there wasn't really a discussion about this topic. a lot of teams asked for bigger teams and the 24h-crew just said no. without a real reason. that's not a discussion.

i know, its your event and your rules. just don't pretend, you really have considered bigger teams. we have to shut out one of our drivers because of this.
I've done a 24 hour race for real, and I would not consider doing a 24 hour event with less than 4 drivers, and ideally would have more. Under this system i'd like to organise the team to have 4 drivers with another 1-2 drivers fully practiced incase a driver cannot make it at the last moment or has a technical problem with their computer.

Unfortunately it's a bit much of an ask to get a driver or two fully practiced without the promise of a drive, but there's just no way i'd attempt a 24 hour race with 3 people - and what if their brake pedal breaks, or their connection drops out before the event, or ....

Any team wanting to enter a 24 hour event who has not previously done an event i'd urge you to seriously consider the advise of the organisers regarding running 3 driver teams.

I wouldn't do it, i've done it before. I've been in a 24 hour race where we lost 2 drivers - one through injury and one through foreign food.

4 really is the sensible minimum.

EDIT: In real racing you'll find some series have rules for a minimum number of drivers for an event of this length, but i'm yet to see one who imposes a maximum.
Quote :Driving alone IS ALLOWED.

It would be an irrisponsible action to accept a race entry application from a one driver team.

In all levels of real racing a yearly or bi-yearly medical is required, for a 24 hour event an extra medical is required and there is a window of time in which it must be done.

Any driver running alone should take a heperin injection or take Wolferine to thin their blood as the risk of death due to a blood clot is extremely high, in fact, almost guaranteed.
Thought this would be a team event, not a test how long individual drivers can stay awake/concentrated. IMHO 1 driver alone is silly - not competitive, this still is a race or am I wrong?

My request for more than 4 drivers was not because we had so much ppl who want to race. But most of us have also some other things to attend, so it would be easier for teams to find enough drivers to fill the 24 hours...
Quote from Becky Rose :Any driver running alone should take a heperin injection or take Wolferine to thin their blood as the risk of death due to a blood clot is extremely high, in fact, almost guaranteed.

Assuming you get up every once in a while to use the bathroom/get a drink/eat a snack, I don't see how it would be much different from lying in bed sick for a day. Any particular reason for the clots aside from being immobile?
Because when sim racing your legs are in a fixed position for much longer. In bed you move, in a real car your body is more mobile than in a chair.

People die on planes from blood clots over much shorter periods of time, in sim racing the body is even more fixed in its position. Particularly the legs, the movement of which your body relies on.

All I am saying is that anyone attempting this on their own should get medical advise before hand to check they are physically fit enough - although in truth, blood clots effect physically able people indiscriminately, and I am saying it is irresponsible for an event organiser to accept single driver entries for a 24hr event when they know some of their audience are young and influencable.
Do we have a start time for the race?

Will it be based in GMT?
Quote from Becky Rose :Because when sim racing your legs are in a fixed position for much longer. In bed you move, in a real car your body is more mobile than in a chair.

People die on planes from blood clots over much shorter periods of time, in sim racing the body is even more fixed in its position. Particularly the legs, the movement of which your body relies on.

All I am saying is that anyone attempting this on their own should get medical advise before hand to check they are physically fit enough - although in truth, blood clots effect physically able people indiscriminately, and I am saying it is irresponsible for an event organiser to accept single driver entries for a 24hr event when they know some of their audience are young and influencable.

Yeah, fair enough. Good advice.
Quote from Fetzo :it's quiet the opposite of your statement, orion. if a driver has problems with his pc, its better if there are more drivers who can jump in for him.

If you have one driver with problems, and he is in one team, and he gets one or 2 disconnects, the team has no chance to win. If you have 2 teams, and one driver has one or 2 disconects, one team has no chane to win, but the second team still has, because the disconnect affects only one team. The more teams, the more disconnects you can deal with.

And there WAS a discussion, and almost all people said 4 drivers are enough. You, the community, made this rule, not we.
The rules are there, and if you don't like them, then don't race. It was to be expected that there will always be people moaning, but there is no way to stop it. Same thing as seen in the LFS development threads.

Remember, a 24h race is not coffee drinking. People who start alone should indeed know what they are doing, and most importantly, drink enough.
It's really true what Becky said, so don't take things too easy. Maybe sign up another driver who can support you, so you can take at least a one hour break or so...

[EDIT]
We are thinking about the rules again, because its supposed to be really free for all, and we try to make as many people happy as possible. Maybe there will be a special rule for teams with more than 4 drivers, or with just one driver. I mean, it doesn't really hurt a team with 4 when there is also a team with 6. But of course its easier with 6 than with 4, but I think we have found a nice solution there
But for this nice solution we need to organize some stuff first to be able to tell if its possible or not...
So please stand by and wait until its done. "When its done" ... lol
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG