The online racing simulator
Well we for now have 2 raers ready for this and 3rd is not responding so max 3 drivers from my team...i think that will be little to less...is it possible to merge 2 teams into one for the event ? to have more drivers in it ?
Quote from SamH :A UKCT contingency will definitely be there though

Possibly 2... I still want to do the XRG alone for 24 hours :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Possibly 2... I still want to do the XRG alone for 24 hours :P

Are u serious @@.. that will be.... so hard..
Quote from kamo2000 :Well we for now have 2 raers ready for this and 3rd is not responding so max 3 drivers from my team...i think that will be little to less...is it possible to merge 2 teams into one for the event ? to have more drivers in it ?

Yes, of course you can mix like you want
How do you plan to deal with disconnections?
Quote from BurnOut69 :How do you plan to deal with disconnections?

I think they will use a system similar to the MoEs.

@ORION: Of course its difficult for some teams to organize a 6-drivers-team, but its also difficult for some teams to drive this huge race with only 4 drivers. I would suggest that you tell us a minimum and maximum amout of drivers, for example "a team can consist of 2 to 6 racers". Then everyone will be happy, the teams that only want to drive with 2 or 3 or 4 drivers as well as those teams that want to race with 6 people. This is not an advantage or disadvantage to anyone, and everyone can decide on his/her own how much racers they want to take to that race.

Sounds good eh?

Greets, Stalker
Problem is, there are current 2 groups of people:
one the one hand, those who do absolutely not want more than 4 racers, and on the other hand, those who want 6 racers.
We here at ZT have now driven 3 24h races, and never with more than 4 racers, and it has always worked very well (worst result 2nd place).

Atm I cant really say how it will be done, maybe the best solution is 5 racers per team.

About disconnections:
Yes, you can reconnect and the tracker will continue countding you laps. You lose any unfinished lap, though, and the time you need to reconnect of course. We are probably not going to use penatlies of another lap, like they did in the MoE (iirc).
Quote from ORION :We are probably not going to use penatlies of another lap, like they did in the MoE (iirc).

They stopped giving a +1 lap penalty for disconnects this season... you just reconnect and lost the lap you were on, like you said. It was a whole lot better this way, since all the teams could not lose the race entirely just by one big disconnect that would hurt their chances altogether.
I need to ask how long stints are? I have never raced anything endurance so one driver drives for hour, 2 hours, 6 hours or what....
#35 - Vain
Stint duration depends on the car.
TBOs can stay out for over two hours in one go, FZRs come back to the pits after 1:30 to 2:00 if I'm not mistaken.
All stints should be multiples of the pit-rythm of the car.
How many hours you drive is up to you though.

Vain
Quote from N I K I :I need to ask how long stints are? I have never raced anything endurance so one driver drives for hour, 2 hours, 6 hours or what....

Well, atleast long as you can go with single tank of fuel or two, depends, but in MoE there is a minimum limit for a stint, 45 minutes I think. But this isn't MoE so, I suppose it's up to the racers.
I'm not interested in GTRs really And I know there will be most of all GTRs. But I hope there will be some competition in other 3 classes. My favour is TBO. I've just watched on LFSW and FXO has big advantage over the XRT and RB4. Maybe we should ban FXO from this event?

Edit:

I made a little table, have a look:
GTRs
FZR - DreaF ........2:10.32
XRR - BlackMan ...2:11.29 +0.97
FXR - KenjiLee .....2:12.44 +2.12

N - GTRs

XFR - KenjiLee .....2:32.41
UFR - KenjiLee .....2:32.58 +0.17

LRFs
LX6 - DreaF .........2:41.25
RAC - UnLiMiTeD ...2:42.58 +1.33
FZ5 - N I K I ........2:43.19 +1.95

TBOs
FXO - KenjiLee ......2:47.26
RB4 - biggie .........2:50.20 +2.94
XRT - N I K I ........2:50.52 +3.26

FRs
XRG - Biohazard .....3:06.77
XFG - MoT3C ........3:08.41 +1.64

You can see that only UFR and XFR have almost the same time and RB4 'n' XRT!

So can you think about banning FXO?

Edit2:
How does drivers connect to server when they need to change? And how many cars are in race at same time?
But since you are such a great driver it should be no problem to overtake those fxo's!
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :But since you are such a great driver it should be no problem to overtake those fxo's!

This is team racing
My team mates are noobs hehehehe
#40 - Nard
I played WoW for 29 hours straight, so I'm totally sure it can be done to drive for 24 hours. Very hard, but feasible.

(I'll look like a huge nerd for saying this, but it was a dare with my roommate who wanted to see who could play for the longest time straight).

I really want to participate in this event, I'll have to make up a team or something, maybe some local racers will want to participate!
A 24 hour race alone would just take about 3 Pizza Hut Pizzas, about 48 Cokes, and syncronization between pitstops and washrooms. Oh, and did I mention the day of school skipping prior to the race to sleep. Just need people in TS to keep me company.

EDIT: I am a 1 man endurance machine now :P

LATE EDIT!: Before I get hyped up to do the entire race alone, ORION, am I required to have a team mate, or am I allowed to do the drive as an individual?
We are currently thinking about putting 5 as maximum, and 1 as minimum, but its not final yet. Maybe we will even allow 6 racers per team, we'll see. So driving alone will definetely allowed, also 2, 3 or 4 racers teams. We are just not sure about more racers, but there is not really a big disadvantage for people with smaller teams. The "Free for all" system would make most sense with an unlimited amount of racers per team, but we have to find out if there is a maximum amount of racers per team that the tracker can deal with

@N I K I:
For a pit stop you connect to a server like in any racer with driver change. Connect, wait a few minutes until your racer pits, change driver, you drive, and the other leaves the server. THat means we need some free slots. We will do that exactly like in the last 24h race, but atm I dont remember the exact racer count per server
Quote from Nard :I played WoW for 29 hours straight, so I'm totally sure it can be done to drive for 24 hours. Very hard, but feasible.

(I'll look like a huge nerd for saying this, but it was a dare with my roommate who wanted to see who could play for the longest time straight).

You guys do know people have died in silly attempts like that right?

:slap:
This is why I'm not forcing myself to stay awake, I'm gonna try, but if I am about to pass out after 20 hours, I'll park the car for a 2 hour nap then go finish the race.
Jezza?
um, 24hours isnt that hard dude, people do it every year in the Baja 1000, some jsut barely making it in under the 32 hour time limit. And your body can handle it just fine as long as you stay properly hydrated, and dont try to hold your bladder for all 24 hours. take a leak when youre in the pits and dont be shy about 5 minute pit stops to take a crap. Solo attempts are about making it to the finish.

as for teh mental endurance... I've been up for close to 48 hours before, gone to work and everything. the trick is staying fed and hydrated.
Tips for competing in a 24 hour race:
  • Two drivers should be asleep at race start
  • When one driver is on track another driver should always be ready to take over within a laps notice
  • Never make a rash decision to pit. Always have somebody detached from the action (not driving) to make the call. (LFS Spectator & Teamspeak)
  • The length of each stint should be timed by the mechanical limits of the vehicle (fuel tank)
  • After lap 1 the race for position is over, it is now about keeping on the black stuff
  • Dont do double stints. Heroes loose concentration and spin
  • When faced with a decision, always take the less risky option
  • French toilets are really bad, if competing at Le Mans use the camper van
  • If stopping for mechanical repair, change driver.
  • Plan your meals before the race. Dont eat chocolate or take fizzy drinks. Eat sensibly. Catering is a major factor in keeping mental concentration.
  • If another driver is reckless on track, dont pass. Hang back and wait for an error, or for another car to come up from behind and collide. At worse you will loose half a lap - which is better than pitting for repairs.
  • Dont employ drivers who have a short temperament. They always loose endurance events - even if they dont attribute the loss to something they did.
  • Remember that anyone and everyone can win. Victory is in preperation, mentality, and luck. Not speed.
  • Practice the pit entrance
Hope it helps .
The speed difference between GTR and e.g. xr gt is the best thing about the 24h race
I know, I think I'd die after 24 hours in a GTR car, 24 hours in the XRG = pure bliss because the car is so fun and friendly to drive at KY3R.
Very very good tips Becky!
However, we never did only one stint - for example 2 are not a problem at all. It requires a good amount of concentration though. I can also recommend dirving some rather long test racers, at least 4 hours, because that way you will quickly find out how long you can concentrate, and which stint length is the best for you.

All I can recommend is - try to avoid driving 4 hours in a row, like I did in the race on Fern Bay Black... that hurts oO

I also see there's a test server online right now, maybe someone wants to join:
lfs://|24hours+Train+%5E4powered+by+HPR|0|S2|/
lfsworld info:
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... ered+by+HPR&version=4
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG