The online racing simulator
Quote from duke_toaster :I personally B-spec the long races in GT4.

Yea, after that I just b-spec'd the ones longer than that. Haven't played in like a year, stuck at 99.9% with just the last driving mission left (5 seconds harder in the us version). Got within .5 seconds, but just didn't have the skill/will to beat it. LFS is so much better anyway.

Which brings me to my two main disappointments with GT4, no online, and number of competitors. The 24h of N-ring is an awesome event, with HUNDREDS of Cars enterered. I heard the leaders make over 40 passes per lap for 24 hours! Intense? But GT4 wanted you to go against what, 5 other ai... lame.

Anyway:
This event is Great! Not sure if I'll be competing, but love the enthusiasm/turnout for it. Like I said though, untill the internet/games can be improved to handle the entire field on the same server, it will always be a little dissappointing to me. (Why can't we have more AI?) But good luck to all involved!
Quote from srdsprinter :
Anyway:
This event is Great! Not sure if I'll be competing, but love the enthusiasm/turnout for it. Like I said though, untill the internet/games can be improved to handle the entire field on the same server, it will always be a little dissappointing to me. (Why can't we have more AI?) But good luck to all involved!

Are you kidding?? Ever imagined 78 Cars on a track like kyoto 3 reversed? on the nordschleife or le mans, ok, but on kyoto 3 reversed?
Quote from St4Lk3R :Are you kidding?? Ever imagined 78 Cars on a track like kyoto 3 reversed? on the nordschleife or le mans, ok, but on kyoto 3 reversed?

Like I said, its all about realism and challenge to me. If they REALLY race with HUNDREDS of cars on the nordschleife, I want to do it online. If people treat it with the same respect as IRL, it would be simply amazing.

In other news, is the team driver limit still 4?
I am working on getting a team together, but they were wondering if 5-6 is still off-limits.
Quote from srdsprinter :Like I said, its all about realism and challenge to me. If they REALLY race with HUNDREDS of cars on the nordschleife, I want to do it online. If people treat it with the same respect as IRL, it would be simply amazing.

In other news, is the team driver limit still 4?
I am working on getting a team together, but they were wondering if 5-6 is still off-limits.

it is, in fact. and the discussions on the german forums about this topic ended about a week ago. As far as I know, four is and will be the team driver limit.
Quote from St4Lk3R :it is, in fact. and the discussions on the german forums about this topic ended about a week ago. As far as I know, four is and will be the team driver limit.

Cool, thank you for that. I will pass that along. I haven't been involved in any discussions except for a few days here.
@xpjames: there will be a quali 107% limit. But thats already 9 seconds (in the FZR), and every noob can drive within 9 seconds of the WR :P Also, there will be admins around, and if a team or driver doesnt seem to obey the blue flag rules (or rather, let the faster cars pass, because the flags dont work if someone had a disconnect), there will be penalties.

@Locovich: no team limit atm - you can also edit a team after signing up

@flinty72: 1. start time will be about 14:00 or 15:00 UTC (see the lfsworld userbar for the time)
2. If you lag so much that you are a danger on the track, you might be disqualified... but maybe we can alos put you onto another server for that... we'll see! Mabe we could even host a special server for Australian teams, if you can find someone who can provide such a server.

@devil: yea I know about the risks, but Im not the main admin (Chrinaeg is), and he decided that Husky is allowed to drive alone, so we cant say others are not allowed. People who drive alone do so at their own risk... I mean, if we don't allow this in our race, I'm pretty sure they will set up their own challenge anyway.

@srdsprinter: There will be some nice prices from 4Players, but only teams with 3 or 4 drivers can win. With 1,2,5 or 6 drivers you are allowed to race, but you wont win anything. ATM we are not sure if we should make 2 seperate rankings aswell...
so its highly recommended that you make teams with 3 or 4 racers... just dont make things too compicated. :P
Thanks for the update. If we have 4 dedicated members, we will definately try and go that route.

I assume you meant 'prizes'. I'm not sure we will be in contention for those, but look to have fun anyway!
Quote from ORION :@xpjames: there will be a quali 107% limit. But thats already 9 seconds (in the FZR), and every noob can drive within 9 seconds of the WR :P Also, there will be admins around, and if a team or driver doesnt seem to obey the blue flag rules (or rather, let the faster cars pass, because the flags dont work if someone had a disconnect), there will be penalties.

107& of the CLASS WR limit? You would be hard pushed to get an XFG within 9 seconds of anyone in an FZR, even if you are Bawbag.
It is my pleasure to tell you all that the team of "Land of The Free" will be entering the 24Hours Kyoto Long Reverse!

Team: LOTF 24h
Car #: 528
Car: FZR
Driver Lineup:
MARSH2a
leadtail
pjwon
srdsprinter
(subject to modification)

Good luck to all in what looks at becoming the single largest LFS event ever!
(LARGEST SINGLE SIM RACING EVENT EVER????)
Looking forward to racing you LOTF guys. Hope we end up on the same server.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Looking forward to racing you LOTF guys. Hope we end up on the same server.

Likewise!
I really think this is amazing! Anyone have thoughts as to this being the largest LFS event singleday event ever?
Quote from ORION :@devil: yea I know about the risks, but Im not the main admin (Chrinaeg is), and he decided that Husky is allowed to drive alone, so we cant say others are not allowed. People who drive alone do so at their own risk... I mean, if we don't allow this in our race, I'm pretty sure they will set up their own challenge anyway.

That people set up their own challenge isn't a valid argument. If you apply that reasoning to any rule in the challenge you end up having no rules at all.
Maybe you could ask Chrinaeg why he decided to let Husky (and thus also other people) to drive 24 hours on their own and post it here?
Well, even if I did get disallowed entry now for whatever reason, I would re-create the race anyways in my own server.
Quote from Frankmd :Maybe you could ask Chrinaeg why he decided to let Husky (and thus also other people) to drive 24 hours on their own and post it here?

Well, he just said he allowed him to race and thats it... If I could decide, I would only allow 2, 3 and 4 drivers... but anyways.
As i've already said, theres an even longer endurance race i plan on entering IRL. Solo entries are not only allowed but quite common
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi Orion

I would be still hard thinking about allowing Dastin as a "single member team".I am not happy this 1 man entry idea is supported due to several deaths happend across the world already.I am not saying this should happend "knock,knock" but I dont wanna LFS would have this bad publicity in case something went really wrong.

I think we should be really more serious about this "issue". I know its his own decision but sometimes people make them wrong and realize it late.

totally agree with you..... with nations like China restricting how much time people can play per day and with the competitive side of gaming getting more in the spotlight, its important that these things are not overlooked!!!

I used to do a 6 hour karting endurance race and with that you have to have a minimum number in a team.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, even if I did get disallowed entry now for whatever reason, I would re-create the race anyways in my own server.

give me a chance to get better at LFS and I'll be your wingman
WEE!
My parents let me race, now i just need a team, don't wanna race alone.
Someone need one more racer? Not very pro but fast enough
Car doesn't matter very much but XRR or FXR would be nice FZR is okay too but i don't like it that much...
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :As i've already said, theres an even longer endurance race i plan on entering IRL. Solo entries are not only allowed but quite common

What would that be?
Baja 1000. 1000 Miles in the desert, in a class 11 Score Race car (more commonly known as the stock beetle class)

Class 11 isn't an easy class to compete in, as they are constantly challenged by the terrain of the course. It's a test for both the machine nd the driver to come in under the 32 hour time limit. And if you don't come in under the time limit, youre still out in the desert, so you've gotta go SOMEWHERE.
Quote from ORION :...There will be some nice prices from 4Players...

Just out of curiousity, what might these prizes be? And will it be only for overall winners or for class winners too?
A couple of quick questions to the organizers.

- When will the cutoff for entries be?
- Will the server assignments try to correspond to actual global locations?
- What will the qualifying format be?

Also, the new patch might (hopefully) be out before the race takes place. Either way, will it be a standing start or rolling?
Thanks,
Stu
Quote from Kalev EST :Just out of curiousity, what might these prizes be? And will it be only for overall winners or for class winners too?

depends on how many prices we get

Quote from srdsprinter :A couple of quick questions to the organizers.

- When will the cutoff for entries be?
- Will the server assignments try to correspond to actual global locations?
- What will the qualifying format be?

Also, the new patch might (hopefully) be out before the race takes place. Either way, will it be a standing start or rolling?
Thanks,
Stu

- we will announce that early enough... maybe 2 weeks before the start.
- As I replied to the Autralian guy, we might set up some different servers for people who are not from europe
- iirc, last race there was one hour time to drive a hotlap... at least you will have enough time to drive a fast lap. However, it doesnt matter at all on which position you start Same for the start.... remember its 24 hours, 2 seconds more or less it ridiculous
Man, it will be Interesting to see if the incompatable patch comes out before the race?!!?

The GTR will be equalized in the next patch, by changes in weight and possibly power. Will the FZR's dominance be ended? Do you want to know More?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG