The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
i say... rfactor. just simply becouse theres more tracks and cars and people online is nice... and oh AI:s ARE NOT IDIOTS
Just a quick correction about Historix.
Currently I am playing Historix 1.9 and I have to say there is giant improvement over previous version.
While cars generally have less grip they became a lot more predictable and as for now I never lost control over a car
in a totally sudden and unpredictable manner as in Historix 1.x
Quote from Chupacabras84 :Just a quick correction about Historix.
Currently I am playing Historix 1.9 and I have to say there is giant improvement over previous version.
While cars generally have less grip they became a lot more predictable and as for now I never lost control over a car
in a totally sudden and unpredictable manner as in Historix 1.x

Thanks for info.
Downloading and waiting to get try it out.
I do hope it gets the feeling of real car this time round cos i love all other things in Historicx mod.
Can you do any sliding without flipping out for sudden grip?
Wow is it really necessary to ask questions about rFactor here in LFS general discussion forum? If you want to ask, ask him in PM or off-topic section, not in general LFS discussion...
Just got my g27 this new year
Ive tested many games with 900 150%FFB H clutch
Race Injection, Ferrari Virtual Academy,F1 2011,City Car Driving(<Great!),LevelR,Live For Speed, SHIFT2,rFactor, RBR(hv some problem with 2012mod)

Its so fair rfactor vs LFS!
rfactor had nice mod cars and tracks but the physics like sh*t
I just tried the D1gpallstar mod, the braking made me sick.

physics in LFS is much stronger but less mod and no tracks.

sorry for my eng, Im from asia somewhere.
rfactor 2 beta is out. now.. where is LFS S3?
Quote from Gabkicks :rfactor 2 beta is out. now.. where is LFS S3?

In Scawen's computer. Go there and ask for copy.
Hehe this new guy is pure win!
Quote from Jazzka :
Can you do any sliding without flipping out for sudden grip?

Well I guess you already know the answer
First time Ford GT40 is driftable Just have to watch out for revs, using autoshofting as well as late shifts and your engine is coocked after first lap.
Same goes for bumps, if you let it launch you in the air for longer without throttle lift off your engine is kapoow.
Sounds really nice. Finally racing style matters to keep car alive.
Something that LFS still missing
Well there is also "Grinding Tranny Mod"
Quote :: The Grinding Tranny Mod plugin adds a more sophisticated gearbox model to rFactor.
: It monitors your rev-matching and use of the clutch during gear changes, and will prevent
: the gearshift being completed if the driver shifts too poorly.

And also I remember reading someone suggested an improvement, continuous poor shifting will cause a lost of gear or two so maybe it will happen in the next patch

This mod is installed with HGTC by default and affects all cars in the game so if you not going to use it delete it from your plugins folder (Just disabling it in ini causes issues)
Well, this thread is alive again...

The FFB explanation may be valid. I've spent a lot of time using mouse (sometimes even keyboard) and I feel no problem catching slides in rF for whatever car I drift. However the people I know who started sim racing with G25 or other FFB wheels usually find it difficult.

But again, there are 10000 ini settings to take care of before you can experiencing anything good in rF. LFS is better in this way because it's good (at least not bad) out of the box, but it doesn't mean the ISI engine is to blame.
Rfactor just won.

Edit* Also this is not the place to discuss new tracktor mods, this is!...
This thread is for insulting and flaming eachother and simulations. But since the rfactor2 beta is out - lfs has lost, this thread may be closed now since it is useless.
Did it really lose? Just by readin comments of some of the biggest rf2 enthusiast, I can finally appeciate the fact that Scawen wont release NTM until it is perfect. Releasing somethin half way done and that expensive... major fail for me.
Respect to Scavier, I am willing to shut up for a year and wait
Quote from enjoyer83 :Did it really lose? Just by readin comments of some of the biggest rf2 enthusiast, I can finally appeciate the fact that Scawen wont release NTM until it is perfect. Releasing somethin half way done and that expensive... major fail for me.
Respect to Scavier, I am willing to shut up for a year and wait

It's a free beta, if you think its bollocks you just get a refund, simple.
rF2 is a beta.
Isi decides to start to distribute it until beta.
But they're ridycolous. In 6 years of work the product is exactly the same.
EXACTLY the same huh? Wow, you're a genius!

You have no clue what's going on, that's for sure.
Uhm not, the same not.

A light restyling, then ...

Wake up guy, LFS is 7 years old and is more realistic, today, respect rF2.
Well LFS simulate tire very well while rFactor simulates everything else.
Also regardless of how it feels LFS will never stand nowhere near real experience, its still a game, a game that is empty, boring in longer perspective (Because hell its 20 cars and 7 tracks thats not the kind of variety that can keep me interested for years) and every other aspect of LFS stalling far behind the tire physics.
LFS is 7 years old and its more a curiosity than a program dedicated to entertainment.
And what about the netcode and collision ???

In rfactor 2 u can see UNTIL TODAY the cars that sink into the asphalt.

This is ridicolous for a 2012 software.

About tyres physic in a driving simulator i think that is the MOST important aspect and in rf2 tyres are the same of rf1 (in the beta 049, i mean).

But the tyres model is a wip so i HOPE that it will be MORE realistic (in my dream like LFS ...).
Quote from mc0676 :And what about the netcode and collision ???
--//--

And what about LFS.
Jerky movement.
Sinking into everything (asphalt, cars, barriers, walls)
Buggy collision and not only the fact that sometimes cars are launched to kingdom come, while collision might look like a slight bump for those who crashed for rest of the stake it looks like two cars are being launched into cosmos rotating like hell and the moment later driving on the road like nothing ever happened.
Quote from mc0676 :
About tyres physic in a driving simulator i think that is the MOST important aspect

Enjoy your delusion that cars ... r tyres and nothing else.
Quote from mc0676 :And what about the netcode and collision ???

In rfactor 2 u can see UNTIL TODAY the cars that sink into the asphalt.

About tyres physic in a driving simulator i think that is the MOST important aspect and in rf2 tyres are the same of rf1 (in the beta 049, i mean).

But the tyres model is a wip so i HOPE that it will be MORE realistic (in my dream like LFS ...).

all covered with this one magic word.....BETA
Quote from mc0676 : in rf2 tyres are the same of rf1

You clearly haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

A lot of rF2 doesn't seem to have progressed much from rF1, but the physics/tyre model are clearly in a different league altogether.
why do so many people have to find faults with anything thats not "theirs" ? if it's not this sim is better than that sim, it's my xbox is better than your PS3.

whilst it may be to some extent understandable with consoles due to the expenditure, with sims that all run on the same platform, if anyone considers only using one and that all others are rubbish, they are seriously reducing their possible enjoyment of sim racing, they all have their place, from the accurate cars and tracks and online structure of iracing, through the variety of rfactor, the tyres and physics of netcar to the pure simplicity of LFS, they all do a job, all satisfy and frustrate and all help push the development of sim racing in general.

by all means do a comparison of the plus and minus points of rfactor and LFS but be objective
Reading physics-related comments in those forums leads to disappointment, always.

After so many years of waiting, the tyre model in rF finally evolved from a magic-formula-based system to the new brush model. When the tyre wear (flat-spotting) preview was released, we see comments like "Who needs this eye candy, give us physics !". Now some "LFS tyre model FTW" people say "It's the same thing (because it's rF)."

Are you guys really serious about what you comment on ?

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG