The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from ruckus37 :
Rfactor = American, as just Hollywood arcade style
LFS = European more realistic

Like USA vs. Europe has anything to do with it at all whatsoever... America = reason you are able to communicate via the internet as you know it. America = huge impact on evolution of personal computer.. that you play LFS on. -not to mention playing a huge roll in stopping Hitler. Yeah, USA is all Hollywood and sucks and Europe rules.. That's why LFS and rF are different- LOL. 3rd rate flamebait-troll post if I ever saw one.
WTF? Your rant is coming a bit late, don't you think?
yeah it is, but i'm sure every american here is sick of the disrespect... just he was the only one bothered to respond to this particular stupid jab at americans.
Quote from BWX232 :Like USA vs. Europe has anything to do with it at all whatsoever... America = reason you are able to communicate via the internet as you know it. America = huge impact on evolution of personal computer.. that you play LFS on. -not to mention playing a huge roll in stopping Hitler. Yeah, USA is all Hollywood and sucks and Europe rules.. That's why LFS and rF are different- LOL. 3rd rate flamebait-troll post if I ever saw one.

^ The other problem with Americas (stereotypically speaking) perfectly realised in text. I think you'll find a lot of those statements are not the whole truth. Next you'll think America has a history, and perhaps even an empire. But no, it's a young country filled entirely (with a couple of exceptions) by fat stupid people who love going to court.

Don't take me too seriously, cos I love you really. But never EVER start an 'Americans are better than you' rant, because the rest of the world knows different!
So wait, you mean Americans do NOT equal arcade/hollywood/obese/dumb/oilgreedy/gunnuts/nascar/randomprejudice/prude/religiouscrazy/george/dabblju/bush/illsueyou/warseeking/hatedbyeveryone/etc?

Crickey! There be some hidden text in here! Unbelievable.

()
people in general are stupid. not just americans, but europeans and everyone else. but if america sucks so much, then why are so many people trying to come here? And why is it we are the ones people come crying to help solve their problems? blah blah its been discussed a million times and nobody ever learns a thing.

of course america is an easy target to pick on for people who lack decency. Where is the usefullness of such comments?
Quote from tristancliffe : Next you'll think America has a history, and perhaps even an empire. But no, it's a young country filled entirely (with a couple of exceptions) by fat stupid people who love going to court.

never EVER start an 'Americans are better than you' rant, because the rest of the world knows different!

Quote :^ The other problem with anti-Americans (stereotypically speaking) perfectly realized in text

Actually the original poster started it.. if you read and comprehended that post w/o blinders on you might have seen that.

Notice I never said anyone was better than anyone else, you however did. illepall

Quote :So wait, you mean Americans do NOT equal arcade/hollywood/obese/dumb/oilgreedy/gunnuts/nascar/randomprejudice/prude/religiouscrazy/george/dabblju/bush/illsueyou/warseeking/hatedbyeveryone/etc?

You sound like a Hugo Chavez / Ahmadinejad fan..

I bet if an American forum member said that about your little country they'd get banned though..
Quote from BWX232 :You sound like a Hugo Chavez / Ahmadinejad fan..

You'd be surprised to hear that this is actually the common European America-prejudice list. I think Middle Eastern countries just add "infidel" somewhere inbetween. And I really hope you don't actually think that's my serious opinion of the US of A.
Quote :And I really hope you don't actually think that's my serious opinion of the US of A.

I really hope you don't think I care.
Quote from Gabkicks :people in general are stupid. not just americans, but europeans and everyone else. but if america sucks so much, then why are so many people trying to come here?

People visit many places, like the zoo or the Moon, for example And America is held as some kind of paradise in poorer countries, simply because they believe what films and stuff tell them.
Quote from Gabkicks :And why is it we are the ones people come crying to help solve their problems? blah blah its been discussed a million times and nobody ever learns a thing.

Because you go whether they want your help or not. And helping has not always been the main cause
Quote from Gabkicks :of course america is an easy target to pick on for people who lack decency. Where is the usefullness of such comments?

Yes, America is a very easy target. The reason is, the americans.

There is no reason to try to make yourself some kind of martyr. After all America is just one country. It just has a damn bad reputation if you look some issues.

When I look at America I see huge issues, like poverty and health care for example. If you really want to be the number, you need to start doing things better. Like any other nation, you have got your problems, one of them is that people know a lot more about your country that you do about them
I don't think the majority of the people here believe that America is made up entirely of fat idiots, but it is far from a perfect nation and as Americans the rest of the world would like to see you admit this.

I will quite happily admit that England is far from perfect (there are things, politically and socially that really piss me off), and I think this may be the difference between the general (stereotypical?) European mentality and the American one. Maybe it is because you guys get a real bashing in the international community, but by reacting so defensively, you do indicate to people that you are one of stereotypical Americans.

As i said above, we know that not all of America is made of Hollywood etc. A few days ago I went to see a very cool American movie called Little Miss Sunshine, which was a great film and shows what America is capable of producing, and it's not on its own in this respect.

Peace
Quote from manintightpants :I will quite happily admit that England is far from perfect (there are things, politically and socially that really piss me off), and I think this may be the difference between the general (stereotypical?) European mentality and the American one. Maybe it is because you guys get a real bashing in the international community, but by reacting so defensively, you do indicate to people that you are one of stereotypical Americans.

I agree. I was actually a bit surprised to see BWX react so defensively to some posts that were clearly meant as jokes. But I guess there is no humour as soon as stars 'n stripes come into play.
Quote :I bet if an American forum member said that about your little country they'd get banned though

This is so far from the truth, it's unbelievable. It may be because over here we don't get nearly as much patriotism drilled into our heads, or maybe it's a different reason, but I really couldn't care less what you or anybody else has to say over my country. Hell, I regularely ridicule my country myself, so getting defensive over such a statement is the last thing that would come to my mind.

Also this thread has just gone way off topic. It must now officially be renamed in "USA vs. Rest of World" (see the pattern?)
the great thing about americans is that whenever you mention a stereotype it doesnt take much longer than a day for one who perfectly fits that stereotype to show up
Quote from manintightpants :I don't think the majority of the people here believe that America is made up entirely of fat idiots, but it is far from a perfect nation and as Americans the rest of the world would like to see you admit this.

I never heard anyone say the US is perfect, but hey, if you have to make things up to continue your hate speech.. go right ahead.

Quote from AndroidXP :I agree. I was actually a bit surprised to see BWX react so defensively to some posts that were clearly meant as jokes. But I guess there is no humour as soon as stars 'n stripes come into play.
. It must now officially be renamed in "USA vs. Rest of World" (see the pattern?)

"Defensive"... No, I am just pointing out inconsistencies with certain poster's typical anti-American flame bait posts.

Quote from Shotglass :the great thing about americans is that whenever you mention a stereotype it doesnt take much longer than a day for one who perfectly fits that stereotype to show up

That's funny when in the same breath your statements fit the typical arrogant, narcissistic, degenerate, - and lets not forget pretentious, euro-trash sentiment.

Oh... but this is only meant to be a joke like all your trollbait... so it's ok.

Let me put in a ;-) just for good measure... so mods can't pick on the "defensive" American any more than the European troll-bait posters without looking like complete jerks.
I have a few US friends (my mate even married one) and I've met many others in my time. I've not been there but it seems like a decent enough country full of mostly decent people, like anywhere else. Americans don't seem any dumber (or smarter) than my fellow Aussies or anyone else from any other part of the world that I've met. They can, however, seem quite defensive about their nation if someone criticises its actions. Some get highly offended and start throwing terms around like "anti-American" when the US Govt's policies or behaviour is questioned or criticised.

I think an important distinction has to be drawn in this case: the US Govt is NOT the people of the US, even though it claims to represent their interests. If a non-US person has something to say about US foreign policy which isn't complimentary, he is NOT "anti-American". He has a problem with the actions of the US Govt. The term "anti-American" itself is ridiculous - you may as well call me "anti-North Korean" because I despise the totalitarian regime there or "anti-Vatican" or "anti-Catholic" because I have little respect for the current Pope. You could even call me "un-Australian" because I disagree with quite a lot that my government has done since it's been in power.

Put simply: if I disagree with your government, it does not mean I hate your country or your freedoms or anything else your nation holds dear!

If I agree with Hugo Chavez (who had the guts to say what many around the world are thinking, and who got a 5-minute standing ovation at the UN for his trouble) that pResident Bush is a dangerous hypocrite, a bare-faced warmongering liar and a threat to world peace and democracy and freedom, rather than (as he himself would like to be perceived) its greatest champion, I am not anti-American. I'm pro-peace, pro-democracy, pro-freedom, anti-unilateralist, anti-aggression, anti-war. Bush claims to wish to spread freedom and democracy while turning a blind eye to friendly dictatorships like oil-rich Saudi Arabia (among other Middle East dictatorships which happen to be located on top of American oil) which still practices public beheadings and the oppression of women and political opposition. He claims to want peace while spending over 300 billion US dollars on destroying Iraq in an illegal, unjustified invasion which has done more to foster terrorists and anger at the US than Osama ever could have dreamed - lord knows how many Katrina victims that kind of money could have evacuated, re-housed, fed, clothed, immunised against infection. He mentions Saddam's brutal, unforgiveable past while at the same time condoning and authorising torture of prisoners who are imprisoned without any charges and attempting to alter the Geneva Conventions and US Law to absolve himself (or his cadre) of any culpability with regard to war crimes.

His claim that Saddam and al-Qaeda had links to each other and to 9/11 - since denied in his own words - has seen almost as many Americans (2600+) killed in combat so far than on 9/11 itself. I wonder how Americans will react when the number passes 3,000? Will they say "its worth it, bring 'em on" or will they say "that's enough, bring my child home today"? I think the people who should be most critical of the current US government are the American people themselves. Not just because of the tragedy of their unnecessarily dead children, the illegal wire-tapping and covert monitoring of US citizens, but because of the damage Bush has done to the country economically, politically and in the eyes of the world. After 9/11 the world joined the US in grieving for their lost loved ones and the world was ready to work together. Bush managed to turn that solidarity around in about two years to unheard-of levels of rage at a country which seemed to be simply lashing out at anyone who was unable to defend themselves adequately, or cynically manipulating the situation to achieve dominance of a resource-rich region. Since 9/11 he's also flushed his own approval ratings of around 90% to around 30%. In a country that lives for polls, that must give some idea of how his own people view his presidency. Nixon was the only Pres who's polled worse.

I say all this as a citizen of the world and a pro-peace, anti-hypocrisy freedom-lover. I don't hate America or its people, I just wish they could see themselves (and their nation) as the world sees them. I disagree with their government and its policies and there are some people in that government who should be tried as war criminals - or at the very least be forcibly removed from office or impeached, but I wish nothing but the best for its people, as I would for all people.

I don't want to enrage Americans here, I want them to have some perspective on why the world distrusts their government so much. If you view the facts objectively (and stop watching US tv news) or at least try and understand other peoples' perceptions you might see that the world has a point.
Quote from BWX232 :That's funny when in the same breath your statements fit the typical arrogant, narcissistic, degenerate, - and lets not forget pretentious, euro-trash sentiment.

Exactly description from United Staters for me,not europeans.

But it s a joke too
Sorry, but this is such bullshit.

America is 50 times the size of most of the countries that other members of the forum post from - hence there is a proportionatley represented number of idiots, fat people, losers, winners, sexy women, whatever happens to fit your argument of the moment.

For anyone to say any country consists of all ( fill in the blanks ) is simply a way of venting their own frustration over....whatever...or a way to simplify the world so they can appear to to understand it.

I've lived in many areas of the States, and have travelled outside it, but that doesn't make me an expert on either. I have met a lot of people, and they ( and I ) certainly don't view America as perfect, or as super righteous, or as any of the predictable descriptions that come up in these 'debates'. Again, there are a proportionate number who do.

It might be surprising to some that people are pretty much the same, deep down, on every square inch of the planet. Of course they have different environmental influences - but intelligent people can think for themselves.

Of course you'll always find someone who has a huge button mareked
"PUSH ME", and you'll get the desired response. Then you can dance with joy as you've proven to yourself and the world that you really do have a deep and intuitive understanding of the world.

But ffs, all you see on forums and bulletin boards is mindless arguing for the sake of arguing - endless heat with little light.

If there is one area, or population that's overly represented by idiots, I'd say it would have to be the internet.

In conclusion....phoeey.
Actually I was just doing a little experiment with this thread..

The results were, well... typical.

I could care less if all you people thought the entire USA was filled with infidels and we were all spawns of Satan that shoved bacon down our gullets all day.

It is interesting to see the reactions to someone who does nothing more than simply confront someone that is ridiculing their country (especially with a news day like today's).

Carry on.
Quote from GHOSTRACER1 :Exactly description from United Staters for me,not europeans.

But it s a joke too

Yeah because as you can see I just took a bunch of adjectives from this stupid page.. http://www.urbandictionary.com ... hp?term=eurotrash&r=f

I've never been to Europe so how could I judge people over there.
It's the same as people that have never been over here judging all of one country as somehow being the same.. it's preposterous.

Even if i did visit.. I couldn't possible make some kind of judgment on a whole continent by a tiny sampling of people that I happened to meet. The same way someone visiting here couldn't possibly make assumptions about "Americans" by meeting a tiny sampling of them in a very small geographic region. People are the same everywhere.. So you should all get over it.
I find it interesting that my argument, which I tried to present logically and with clear, sometimes irrefutable points of fact, has been left completely unanswered (except for the standard "I don't care" response), especially the parts which clearly point out that the problem that people in the world have is with the government of the United States and the actions of that government, not with the country itself. Bush & Co. do not equal America, just as Blair & Co. do not equal the UK, just as Howard & Co. do not equal Australia.

Seems your "experiment" proved the following: many people (possibly a majority of the world) have a negative view of the American government and its actions. Many Americans perceive this view of their government as "anti-American" and an attack on their country and people. The standard response to this is to avoid actually arguing the points of view & facts as they are presented and merely state that they don't care what other people think: the stick-your-fingers-in-your-ears-and-go "la-la-la" response. This perpetuates the stereptype that many people in the world have of Americans: that they're ignorant of the rest of the world and don't actually have anything relevant or compelling to say in defence of their government's breaches of law and human decency, and instead rely on denial and nationalism, often lumping people who disagree with the US govt's actions in with the US' perceived enemies, i.e. people who don't eat bacon and use words like "infidels". The old "if you're not with us, you're with the terrorists" chain of logic. OK, let's apply that logic to another situation. "if you don't like tacos, you don't like Mexican food". "If you're not into Madonna, you don't like female singers". Obviously this is flawed logic. The point is, you may not sympathise with one extremist point of view, but that doesn't automatically mean you sympathise with the exact opposite of that view. In other words, I dislike the US government but I'm not at a terrorist training camp right now, plotting to destroy America because I hate its freedoms. I despise terrorism as I despise any unnecessary loss of life for political purposes - which is why, although I hate terrorism, I equally hate the launching of wars on essentially defenceless countries. The losers are always the civilians in either case. There has to be a way which does not involve massive losses of life.

If the US government was serious about preventing terror it would be seeking to identify and address its causes diplomatically, rather than employing the standard knee-jerk reaction of bombing everything in sight, contributing to terror and the loss of innocent life, enraging millions and causing the creation of ever more terror cells throughout the world.

I'm certainly not judging America itself through a small sampling of Americans I've met (I've liked most of them tbh). Again, my negative judgements are reserved for the US government and what that government does as compared to what it says. As the effects of US policy reverberate throughout the world and are extensively covered I think I'm able to make that judgement as much as anyone else is, regardless of nationality.
So, lemme get this straight; rFactor is America, and LFS is the rest of the world?

Sorry, I am just having trouble making the connection with the topic.

didnt Chavez just say that Rfactor was the devil or something:ernaehrun

even after he uninstalled the game, his hard drive smelled of sulfur.
Not all americans are idiots... but unfortunately the majority, of those who actually bothered to vote, are. That still leaves a big percentage of smart, normal people.
yeah whats up with aussies killing stingrays after irwin died.

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG