The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
That made me so pissed off! Retarded arseclowns and their blatant anti-stingray behaviour. I wonder if they stood on the back of their boat and declared "mission accomplished" after they drank a few cans and shot a few 'rays?
It guess it shows that it doesn't matter where you go, you can find utter halfwits in any human population.

What next - idiots chopping trees down in W.A. where Peter Brock was killed? His car hit a tree after all. Declare a "War On Timber"!
i bet alot of tourists got in on it too to be fair
I heard some people strangled them, and then I spent the next five minutes visualising in amused disbelief people strangling stingrays.
Quote from Flycantbird :If there is one area, or population that's overly represented by idiots, I'd say it would have to be the internet.

You are absolutely right. Usually those people are quite nice when you meet them in real world, but when they use computer with internet connection, their IQ drops almost at half. Of course they are smart as always, but they forgot the manners.
LOL... I remember that we've had this same discussion here before. It was first some kind of rFactor vs. LFS debait, then it turned out to be oval vs. gt racing and finally someone declared a war between USA and Europe. Actually... I'm not quite sure if the thread that I'm talking about is the first 10 pages of this thread.
Quote from MAGGOT :So, lemme get this straight; rFactor is America, and LFS is the rest of the world?

Sorry, I am just having trouble making the connection with the topic.

I'm from Europe,and I like both. In which category am I then? :P
Quote from Sternendaal :I'm from Europe,and I like both. In which category am I then? :P

You live near US embassy?
Quote from Burnzoire :Not all americans are idiots... but unfortunately the majority, of those who actually bothered to vote, are. That still leaves a big percentage of smart, normal people.

if they were smart theyd vote
if they were smart they'd do some of their on research on people before they vote instead of just voting from what they see on tv
Quote from Shotglass :if they were smart theyd vote

Very good point. But usually both parties have no one worth voting for.
Regarding rFactor = USA, sim racing is more popular in Europe than it is in the USA, for any game. I'm pretty sure that mosts console, and therefore most console based racing games are sold in the USA. For PC arcade games, it depends on the game. NFS7 - Underground 1, and NFS8 - Underground 2 had more European players online than USA players.

Getting back on topic, some players like the graphics of ISI games:

rfr2005f1.wmv
rfactor is capable of some pretty amazing graphics with the right mod and right track . I am looking forward to when LFS takes a step forward graphicly.
Quote : Getting back on topic, some players like the graphics of ISI games:

rfr2005f1.wmv

The way the camera's panning is creating a kind of professional looking TV effect there. It's moving in a more cinematic way than the LFS camera does. The hint of specular on the road is nice too. Apart from that I don't see too much to write home about..

Although the sounds in LFS may not be great, the graphics are still nice, a couple of dual view LFS videos (in car on top, chase on bottom):

lfsblfw.wmv

lfsslzg.wmv
Quote from Pain-less :Very good point. But usually both parties have no one worth voting for.

sure ... thats whats democracy is all about ... chosing from the litter
but more often than not one party has a guy worth voting against
Quote from JeffR :Although the sounds in LFS may not be great, the graphics are still nice, a couple of dual view LFS videos (in car on top, chase on bottom):

lfsblfw.wmv

lfsslzg.wmv

umm.. try crapidshare.. or you tube, or anything else than those hosts. I am getting them at about 3.5 KB/sec// Not going to wait 4 hours for a file.. oh wait.. it just stopped at 90KB and says it's done.. (of course it isn't ) -yup try a different host.
Downloading perfectly here with 111kb/s
Those suggesting the S2 tracks should be scratched - I suggest you go and drive the FZ GTR around Kyoto GP long (what a great track - there's hardly a straight too long there) or Westhill (awesome rush!). illepall
Quote from Hankstar :What next - idiots chopping trees down in W.A. where Peter Brock was killed? His car hit a tree after all. Declare a "War On Timber"!

Apparently (I live locally) the bend that claimed Brocks life has claimed about eight lives over the years - so chopping a few trees might be a good idea
Quote from ruckus37 :The difference has been bugging me for a while, but it is evident in the two simulators,

Rfactor = American, as just Hollywood arcade style
LFS = European more realistic

Let the flam wars begin!

Crosslink: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=225881

The way that i see LFS "against" other sim is:

LFS - is great simulations of car dynamics - made to simulate dynamics of car driving.

rF, GTR, etc. - great imitation of car driving.

Final filing is similar, some people love LFS some rF, but base is totaly different.
for those who like rf try the v8 mod, www.v8gaming.com
just released today, great mod!
Quote :
Quote :LFS Videos

lfsblfw.wmv

lfsslzg.wmv

I am getting them at about 3.5 KB/sec

Just try again, as server must have be undergoing maintainance (supposed to be 99% up time, so this is rare). I can download stuff from my web page at about 1.4 MB/sec (maxes out the 12mbps download speed of my cable modem). I'm using ipower to host my web page.
Quote :LFS Videos

lfsblfw.wmv

lfsslzg.wmv

yup much faster now.
rFactor just got the Shanghai track

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG