The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from richo :simple question, is rfactor anygood or not?
like is it worth the cash or is it like any other isi game

yes it is
I think what he means that it is like all the ISI games, and therefore isn't worth it.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think what he means that it is like all the ISI games, and therefore isn't worth it.

But who listens to you anyway? :P
people who dont have an isi agenda and post in other game forums in cycle trying to revive a dead horse?
The mod you saw in the screenshots is CTDP F1 2005. The physics are very well done.
Can anyone who has it please upload the .tbc file here? Its only like 1 or 2kb and I don't want to download 160MB just to see it because I can't use it anyway.
I would..but I'm at work
I have both games and i think LFS is the best on online gaming becouse Rfactor u always got to dl mods to join a game, and people are more willing to take a chat in a race
what annoys me in ISI games (especially in rfactor) is that apparently you can tweak settings/physics/stuff for it to feel alright. but LFS is just good right out of the ZIP file.

I tried the CTDP 2005 mod for rfactor and the first thing I turned off was the headshaking at high speeds. of course there was no option for that, you have to tweak a file with notepad.

also the ISI Barcelona track supplied with the new patch is very different from the Simbin versions and that's strange. why can't they recreate a track realistically if they get the rights for it?
Quote from csurdongulos :also the ISI Barcelona track supplied with the new patch is very different from the Simbin versions and that's strange. why can't they recreate a track realistically if they get the rights for it?

Don't think they do have the `rights` which is why they are not naming the real life tracks by there proper names. I still can't understand how they can get off with that
Quote from KiDCoDEa :people who dont have an isi agenda and post in other game forums in cycle trying to revive a dead horse?

Stop being such a f****** pain in the arse

Quote from Smurfen :I have both games and i think LFS is the best on online gaming becouse Rfactor u always got to dl mods to join a game, and people are more willing to take a chat in a race

BS,I have no mods installed,and I can join 75% of the available servers.

Quote from csurdongulos :what annoys me in ISI games (especially in rfactor) is that apparently you can tweak settings/physics/stuff for it to feel alright. but LFS is just good right out of the ZIP file.

I tried the CTDP 2005 mod for rfactor and the first thing I turned off was the headshaking at high speeds. of course there was no option for that, you have to tweak a file with notepad.

also the ISI Barcelona track supplied with the new patch is very different from the Simbin versions and that's strange. why can't they recreate a track realistically if they get the rights for it?

I havent tweaked a thing,and it felt very good. And who says $imbin has it 100%?
The proof is in the pudding.

Kid, you're not gonna convince anyone of the merits and detractions of either sim with your shrill and violent propergandering. Can't you let people work out what they like and what they want by themselves? You've obviously passionate about sim-racing, and LFS in particular. I understand you've also invested a lot of personal energy and time into this sim. But slagging everything else off in the violent way you tend to makes you come across as someone who isn't mature enough to hold in his mind that other people may have valid reasons for aquiring opinions which are (OMG) differerent than yours. Your righteousness ends up betraying the gifts of your experience. I think that's a shame. People will work things out for themselves. They certainly need to with the kind of commentary you dish out..

And another thing- we've all heard your opinion. Why do you imagine we would want to hear it over and over and over again?

Fed up.
Quote from Sternendaal :I havent tweaked a thing,and it felt very good. And who says $imbin has it 100%?

generally when reading forums I see people moaning about bad ffb and such in ISI games, then the more experienced ISI-ers tell them that they need to change this and that (with notepad in a config file!) to make the ffb thus the car feel good.

though I don't make a fuss about ffb as I turn it off as soon as I see an isi game and it works ok, I played GTR and GTL without it and I enjoyed it, but I can't help the feeling that it doesn't feel quite right. LFS did the first time I tried it with the KB, ISI games are very different, enjoyable, but not in the same way as LFS.
Quote from csurdongulos :generally when reading forums I see people moaning about bad ffb and such in ISI games, then the more experienced ISI-ers tell them that they need to change this and that (with notepad in a config file!) to make the ffb thus the car feel good.

though I don't make a fuss about ffb as I turn it off as soon as I see an isi game and it works ok, I played GTR and GTL without it and I enjoyed it, but I can't help the feeling that it doesn't feel quite right. LFS did the first time I tried it with the KB, ISI games are very different, enjoyable, but not in the same way as LFS.

In-Game I have selected a pre-set,edited the buttons on my steer to other hotkeys,and the FFB is as good as LFS.

but perhaps that is just mine opinion.
Quote from Sternendaal :In-Game I have selected a pre-set,edited the buttons on my steer to other hotkeys,and the FFB is as good as LFS.

but perhaps that is just mine opinion.

I honestly can't believe someone would say that. I've come across huge rF fanboys (not pointing the finger at you) who will admit LFS trashes rF in the FFB department. When you play an ISI sim the feedback given is just rubbish. Understeer = 0 force and my wheel never ever counter-steers by itself making oversteer impossible to feel. Although not long after saying these sort of comments I get, "you n00b, it's not ISI fault you can't setup your hardware properly. You need to change this and that in the .ini file..."
Quote from keiran : I honestly can't believe someone would say that. I've come across huge rF fanboys (not pointing the finger at you) who will admit LFS trashes rF in the FFB department. When you play an ISI sim the feedback given is just rubbish. Understeer = 0 force and my wheel never ever counter-steers by itself making oversteer impossible to feel. Although not long after saying these sort of comments I get, "you n00b, it's not ISI fault you can't setup your hardware properly. You need to change this and that in the .ini file..."

I have to agree with this to some point. ISI's FFB isn't total rubbish but it does need tweaking. I actually use the FFB settings from GTR2's config.ini, and its close but still not the same as LFS. Then again maybe it's my wheel. I have a MS Sidewinder FFB, until the the new G25 comes out in October.
[quote=Sternendaal;211566]Stop being such a f****** pain in the arse

i mean servers ho people play on
i'm having some good fun trying to get my lap times down with the 05 mclaren around monza. sofar i've gotten down to a 1:26 after 10 laps with some setup tweaking lol. my 1st lap was a 1:30 and the record IRL is 1:24 so i have a long way to go...

I cant quite figure out how to use the motec software to get tellimetry data from rfactor.:grumpy:

i am using this guy's FFB settings for dfp. they are much better than default imo
http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... p=3177246&postcount=5
Quote from Gabkicks :i'm having some good fun trying to get my lap times down with the 05 mclaren around monza. sofar i've gotten down to a 1:26 after 10 laps with some setup tweaking lol. my 1st lap was a 1:30 and the record IRL is 1:24 so i have a long way to go...

I cant quite figure out how to use the motec software to get tellimetry data from rfactor.:grumpy:

i just got a 21.6 for monza in the mcmerc, but thats after about 100 laps.

in other news, i think this screenshot is the best screen for a game ive ever seen:

http://img425.imageshack.us/im ... or2006090704251609jm3.jpg
i just wish the game had the 1960's era f1 cars to go along with that config
yeah, i cant understand why no modders are making it >_<, as good as the 1979 mod is, i would rather have 60's F1 cars.

If only i knew how to model, and skin, and create physics
Quote from keiran : I honestly can't believe someone would say that. I've come across huge rF fanboys (not pointing the finger at you) who will admit LFS trashes rF in the FFB department. When you play an ISI sim the feedback given is just rubbish. Understeer = 0 force and my wheel never ever counter-steers by itself making oversteer impossible to feel. Although not long after saying these sort of comments I get, "you n00b, it's not ISI fault you can't setup your hardware properly. You need to change this and that in the .ini file..."

Really,it does all I want from FFB. When driving in the grass,I feel every bump I drive over. At Lienz,driving over the cobblestones,I feel I am driving over that. I feel what the car does,that is all I want from FFB,right

Might be that I just have a Logitech WingMan FFGP,and I loaded the preset,and it drives fine,really.

[quote=Smurfen;211688][quote=Sternendaal;211566]Stop being such a f****** pain in the arse

i mean servers ho people play on[/quote]

Then I can play at around half of the servers available.
Deko,
There's quite a lot of blurring on the cars in the rear of that picture, which makes me think that it's been edited somewhat, unless rF uses focal blurring- but I don't know of any game at present which uses this technique. Wait, I think Colin Mcrae did. It was a bit slap-dash (covering the background with a sheet of blur). But there you go. Anyhow- the other screenshots here justify easily that rF is a good looking game. Thanks for sharing..
yeah its a bit edited, but apart from the blur, i just think the shot is perfect, edited or not
Quote from Electrik Kar :Deko,
There's quite a lot of blurring on the cars in the rear of that picture, which makes me think that it's been edited somewhat, unless rF uses focal blurring- but I don't know of any game at present which uses this technique. Wait, I think Colin Mcrae did. It was a bit slap-dash (covering the background with a sheet of blur). But there you go. Anyhow- the other screenshots here justify easily that rF is a good looking game. Thanks for sharing..

yeah i think the person who took the screenshot was trying to make it look worn... like a photo from the late 1970's or something

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG