The online racing simulator
"Push to pass"
(135 posts, started )
Quote from pipa : i prefer to watch overtake attempts that are based on skill and not just more power to go side to side on the straight.

Drafting is also more difficult and fun, than a simple P2P button.

He really couldn't have said it better himself, This would take out atleast 50% of peoples hard work (Setups, Tuning, Endless testing) To have some guy that joined half a hour ago, Be able to push a button and fly.. Sounds a lot like.. (Nitrous oxide) But moving on, If this does get enabled, Which i can kinda see working on some of the city tracks LFS has.. But the wide open ones it would just fail horridly

I'll be following this thread, Cause if someone gets a nifty idea.. >;D
This would be very interesting if only implemented for one car/class. While it would decrease really close racing, it would definitely increase the amount of passes. But it would definitely be interesting in small amounts.
The option would be nice. Implement if you want it or just leave it off.
do it like KERS in F1 where they have a limited amount of time and it is refilled each lap.
in LFS it is called a LFSTweak
In my opinion p2p does not make racing more interesting or strategic, safer, faster or anything else.

Push to pass is a tool to enable stupid drivers to pass someone at least once in a race.

greetz

der butz
p2p could be optional and if you use pick it then it adds enough weight to your car to keep it pretty balanced.
the button doesnt stay for the whole lap u can only press it once to pass thats why its called push to pass i think its a great idea tho cuz kimi won spa and wwithout kers he would have came 2nd or 3rd
+1 !!!! make it +2
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA]
Why limit the car in first place? Alltho it's a tactical thing, I don't think it should be implented in LFS. I rather be "maxed out" all the time, and win because I drove best and not because I used my 60 seconds well. Also I think the boost servers no good in online racing, would just create more madness I think
So after 9 years to get used to the idea, with F-Duct, KERS, and DRS making their way through F1 in that time, what do people think now?

"Push to pass"
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG